> Devon Alexander???
BrutUalBK
post Sep 5 2013, 07:12 PM
Post #31

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 5 2013, 06:44 PM) *
Devon needs to wake up. He just looks so lethargic. It is as if he just is there. His personality puts me to sleep and I like his boxing style but he just seems to be going through the motions. Maybe he needs to just add someone with some spice to his team. Who knows. No one is going to pay good money to see a guy with good boxing skills and a humdrum personality. If muthafuckas don't appreciate Rigondeaux's style and say Mayweather runs and is a boring fighter, what makes you think they will have any appreciation for Devon's skill set? The is a bore and he needs to do something to get that "Eye of the Tiger" back.

I do agree that his style is boring but he just has to have the right type of opponents to be in front of him to make things interesting, we all thought Bradley was methodical until we saw him in vs Ruslan. I believe Bradley was goaded into mixing it up (box a little then brawl a little) in order to get fans to appreciate him.

He never really had the eye of the tiger to begin with but his style isn't one that is crowd pleasing unless he's put in a fight that'll push him to the limit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 5 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #32

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 11:47 AM) *
he quit in that bradley fight.

Cus he was getting his ass whoo...uh, I mean got head butted.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 6 2013, 12:33 AM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 06:49 PM) *
i can't put him on the level of rigondeaux or floyd. he's a few notches below.

he had robots in front of him in his last two fights. he should have shined like a star....instead, he completely underwhelmed. floyd and rigondeaux will stand in the pocket, make u miss and make u pay. that's exciting to me! what devon does is something less impressive. it's as if he's fighting scared the whole time...like the klitschkos....where as floyd and rigondeaux look super composed and smooth as silk.

I'm saying! Idk how anyone can find rigo boring, he's so fucking smooth and he can crack! He's like a fucking snake just waiting on that opening to strike.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 6 2013, 08:46 AM
Post #34

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 5 2013, 09:33 PM) *
I'm saying! Idk how anyone can find rigo boring, he's so fucking smooth and he can crack! He's like a fucking snake just waiting on that opening to strike.

And he's right there! the dude doesnt run or use excessive foot movement. He's in the pocket. Was just watching the Donaire fight yesterday thinking to myself "Damn Donaire is huge compared to Rigo but Rigo is stalking and walking his big ass down."

I dont think they want Rigo to make it to the top because with talent like his he'll stay there and it will be a cuban version of Floyd all over again. They want sluggers and brawlers and people to beat each other until theyre brain damaged not slick boxers who dont take punishment. Its just how it is these days.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 6 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 6 2013, 08:46 AM) *
And he's right there! the dude doesnt run or use excessive foot movement. He's in the pocket. Was just watching the Donaire fight yesterday thinking to myself "Damn Donaire is huge compared to Rigo but Rigo is stalking and walking his big ass down."

I dont think they want Rigo to make it to the top because with talent like his he'll stay there and it will be a cuban version of Floyd all over again. They want sluggers and brawlers and people to beat each other until theyre brain damaged not slick boxers who dont take punishment. Its just how it is these days.

Exactly and as much as I criticize donaire, he's an athletic freak! Was second best to me in that weight class next to mares and rigo completely dominated him. Not even after the kd did he look flustered

He's just so Damn Cuban its hard to have any sort of fan base unless he fights strictly out of the east or Miami

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2013, 03:24 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 6 2013, 09:46 AM) *

thing about it to me...put him in with guys like darchinyan, mares, jhonny gonzalez, arce, vasquez or any of them...he's going to destroy anyone that comes to win. they just need to line them up.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 6 2013, 03:01 PM) *
Exactly and as much as I criticize donaire, he's an athletic freak! Was second best to me in that weight class next to mares and rigo completely dominated him. Not even after the kd did he look flustered

He's just so Damn Cuban its hard to have any sort of fan base unless he fights strictly out of the east or Miami

if arum makes the matches....he'll gain a fan base.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 6 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #38

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 12:25 PM) *
if arum makes the matches....he'll gain a fan base.

He wont though. I think Floyd scared the old guy. Just the thought of him getting another black fighter to the top and that black fighter deciding to leave probably puts a nasty taste in his mouth. I mean, there arent many fighters like Pac that will take IOUs on tnapkins (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) .

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 6 2013, 06:29 PM) *
He wont though. I think Floyd scared the old guy. Just the thought of him getting another black fighter to the top and that black fighter deciding to leave probably puts a nasty taste in his mouth. I mean, there arent many fighters like Pac that will take IOUs on tnapkins (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) .

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) true.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 7 2013, 12:12 AM
Post #40

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

let him cook

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:58 PM