IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marquez vs Provodnikov, whats your take?
truth
post Jan 31 2014, 01:33 AM
Post #21

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,835

This is a dangerous fight for jmm provo wont stop coming until jmm is on his back the Russian late stoppage
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Jan 31 2014, 02:09 AM
Post #22

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Dude said he'd go anywhere in Mexico to fight Marquez, it's either fight Provodnikov or have a year layoff and hope that Pacquaio still wants to get revenge..Do some exhibitions in Mexico, go on a tour around the country and then call it a day. Fighting Provodnikov is going to end badly for Marquez despite his countering style.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 31 2014, 08:45 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

While Provodnikov has a come forward balls to the wall style he has some very underrated head movement and defence when in the inside.

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Feb 2 2014, 09:23 AM
Post #24

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

I love the idea of a Morales fight. It's a big fight for both of their legacies. I do think Ruslan is tailor-made for Marquez's style; I think Marquez would win a decision though I'd be pulling for Ruslan or for that matter anyone vs Marquez. I just don't like his attitude.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 2 2014, 09:52 AM
Post #25

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 30 2014, 05:24 PM) *
i dont see rios taking provodnikovs power through 12 rounds, im up in the air with marquez, if he fought manny id see manny just moving way too much. Provodnikov aint going nowhere. he aint going back to espn, boxing needs guys like him to much. as soon as i saw him go all out with bradley i wanted to see more and more, the guy is awesome.

the guy takes too many punches. In each fight you never will know if the ill effects of taking too many punches manifests.. I don't see him having any longevity

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 2 2014, 03:15 PM
Post #26

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Hard to call on this one but we all know that JMM has better overall boxing abilities/skills and usually the types of fighters like Provo who comes straight in at Marquez usually find themselves on the canvas but Ruslan can take punishment so it makes this a difficult decision.

If I had to choose in a boxing match as opposed to a brawl then I'd go with Provo but if he allows JMM to counterpunch while giving him time to simply box then I'd take Marquez all day long.

I'll know after the first 4 rounds as to who wins this one.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 3 2014, 01:56 AM
Post #27

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Feb 2 2014, 09:52 AM) *
the guy takes too many punches. In each fight you never will know if the ill effects of taking too many punches manifests.. I don't see him having any longevity

most of the damage done in fighters is when the fight past their prime and take beatings when they are older, when theyre young they can take it and they end up fine. He takes peppering shots coming forward, nothing insane, he gets hit with jabs most of the time. jabs dont end your career short. hell be around as long as their are fights for him, hes got very limited options.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 7 2014, 10:37 AM
Post #28

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 3 2014, 01:56 AM) *
most of the damage done in fighters is when the fight past their prime and take beatings when they are older, when theyre young they can take it and they end up fine. He takes peppering shots coming forward, nothing insane, he gets hit with jabs most of the time. jabs dont end your career short. hell be around as long as their are fights for him, hes got very limited options.

I can see your point, yet he has not faced any murderous punchers. David Reid and Fernando Vargas were young guys who took too many shots and were pretty much ruined. The Russian has not faced any punchers like a Trinidad so I guess he his fine for now. If he ever faces a guy with good power and the ability to sustain an attack he will be in trouble with that style. He is lucky Bradley has pillow fists or he would have suffered brain damage

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:29 AM