> Robert Guerrero. Please explain.
mgrover
post Dec 13 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Dec 13 2011, 11:15 PM) *
Robert Guerrero is a good fighter. Don't think he is ready for a Floyd fight, doesn't mean he isn't good though. Would like to see him in a fight against Marquez or against Maidana.

Marquez simply won't fight him, and he'd be side stepping Maidana all night long, no offence to Maidana but any boxer should and will defeat him, all he has it A class power for a B class fighter. He reminds me of Prince Naseem without the reflexes, speed or head movement.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 13 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 13 2011, 05:56 PM) *
Its part of the game, thats how its done nowadays. It only took Ortiz one big win at WW, to land a Mayweather fight. Thats why I haven't completely counted Khan out of the race...if he wins his rematch with Peterson, then one big fight at WW, then he's pretty much in there. He looked bad last weekend, but hell, Ortiz quit in a fight at 140, and redeemed himself enough to land a big fight.

Again, its part of the game. Since you're such a big Floyd fan, Im sure that you didn't know how long long he was calling out Shane and Oscar. Hell, even he was a lightweight at the time, so yeah, he would've had to jump two weight classes to fight either two at 140. Wanna know why he felt he could land those fights?...one of the reasons is probably because Shane jumped two weight classes to fight Oscar. Since you dont pay attention to interviews or you either select the wrong versions of the fights on youtube, then you probably missed those times he called out Shane and Oscar at LW. Guerrero just doesn't have a big enough fan base to land this big fight, but he does have a vice, so he uses it to call Floyd out. Most of the bigger fighters now and in the past have done it.

Hell, if you have the top guy (FMJ) handpicking his opponents from 2 weight classes south of his, or relatively green fighters who have just crossed the sands into the limelight, then what makes Guerrero think that he doesn't have a chance?

Actually I do recall him calling out Shane and De La Hoya in interviews and after fights. The problem with these guys are now, they beat one fighter in their division and bam they want to move up. Instead of developing their skills they rush. Like Vargas and other fighters who peaked way too early.

This post has been edited by Allmenjoi8: Dec 13 2011, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
Seek
post Dec 14 2011, 11:53 AM
Post #13

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

I think Guerrero would make it an interesting fight. He's definitely a smart fighter, volume puncher, good power and a southpaw. He is of mexican heritage and will get the support from us latinos I can guarentee you that. Especially vs Mayweather. He's got a great story and he's a humble/good talker. With the May 5th date he would be the perfect candidate in terms of selling a fight and making it an event.

However, he is only a lightweight and hasn't done anything spectacular lately to convince anyone that he has a shot at beating Mayweather. Although, he is a real good talker and is making some great points for himself. At this point after beating a big welter weight like Ortiz, Guerrero will be a step backwards. But I still don't rule out Guerrero. Mayweather is the type of guy where if he feels challenged and is given enough motivation, he'll take you on regardless of what anyone may think or say. I'd rather see Mayweather fight the winner of Ortiz Berto and then fight Guerrero if he does anything impressive down the line at 140 or 147.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 15 2011, 01:34 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 14 2011, 11:53 AM) *
I think Guerrero would make it an interesting fight. He's definitely a smart fighter, volume puncher, good power and a southpaw. He is of mexican heritage and will get the support from us latinos I can guarentee you that. Especially vs Mayweather. He's got a great story and he's a humble/good talker. With the May 5th date he would be the perfect candidate in terms of selling a fight and making it an event.

However, he is only a lightweight and hasn't done anything spectacular lately to convince anyone that he has a shot at beating Mayweather. Although, he is a real good talker and is making some great points for himself. At this point after beating a big welter weight like Ortiz, Guerrero will be a step backwards. But I still don't rule out Guerrero. Mayweather is the type of guy where if he feels challenged and is given enough motivation, he'll take you on regardless of what anyone may think or say. I'd rather see Mayweather fight the winner of Ortiz Berto and then fight Guerrero if he does anything impressive down the line at 140 or 147.

It would be JMM all over again except JMM actually was well seasoned. Imagine what if would look like against a novice.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 15 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 15 2011, 01:34 PM) *
It would be JMM all over again except JMM actually was well seasoned. Imagine what if would look like against a novice.

...and the Nuthugging Chronicles begin in 5, 4, 3, 2,....

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 15 2011, 06:12 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2011, 02:56 PM) *
...and the Nuthugging Chronicles begin in 5, 4, 3, 2,....

How would the fight go down Mr. Hater? I am not a nuthugger. That is not even a real word.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 15 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 15 2011, 06:12 PM) *
How would the fight go down Mr. Hater? I am not a nuthugger. That is not even a real word.

Classic nuthugger overall fight prediction: Floyd wins before he even steps in the ring with a guy.
Classic "save my ass line" from a Floyd nuthugger: "_____will give Floyd fits, but Floyd will adjust and win a decision".

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 15 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2011, 11:11 PM) *
Classic nuthugger overall fight prediction: Floyd wins before he even steps in the ring with a guy.
Classic "save my ass line" from a Floyd nuthugger: "_____will give Floyd fits, but Floyd will adjust and win a decision".

I didn't say anything of the sort so again Great Asshole how would the fight go? I still say it will be JMM all over again. Guerrero is a lightweight who would be fighting at a heavy weight Welterweight. Can his speed come with and he would be the smaller man. So I see May picking him apart. Guerrero may have some moments but in all a damn blow out.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 15 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 15 2011, 10:36 PM) *
I didn't say anything of the sort so again Great Asshole how would the fight go? I still say it will be JMM all over again. Guerrero is a lightweight who would be fighting at a heavy weight Welterweight. Can his speed come with and he would be the smaller man. So I see May picking him apart.

Robert Guerrero:
Height: 5'8
Reach: 70"

Floyd Mayweather:
Reach: 72"

JMM:
A freakin' midget!

How would this be a blowout? Sometimes I wonder why I even bother...

I didn't say anything of the sort

Guerrero may have some moments but in all a damn blow out.

Soooo...you wait until AFTER I make the statement, then you do it. The crazy part is, you contradicted yourself in the same post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) First you say, "I said nothing of the sort", THEN, you end your post with, "Guerrero will have some moments but in all a damn blowout". Having a blonde moment? Again, I wonder why I even bother...

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 16 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #20

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2011, 10:55 PM) *
Robert Guerrero:
Reach: 70"

Floyd Mayweather:
Reach: 72"

JMM:
A freakin' midget!

How would this be a blowout? Sometimes I wonder why I even bother...

Soooo...you wait until AFTER I make the statement, then you do it. The crazy part is, you contradicted yourself in the same post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) First you say, "I said nothing of the sort", THEN, you end your post with, "Guerrero will have some moments but in all a damn blowout". Having a blonde moment? Again, I wonder why I even bother...

Do you realize that just because you are the same height does not mean you have the same body structure? Do you know who Brittany Granier is? Of course you don't/ She is the Center for Baylor University. I think she is 7'1 or something ridiculous, there is also a girl who plays for UConn is the exact same height but this girl at UConn is bulky and has more muscle mass, so she looks a lot bigger than Granier. You do know that just because you are the same height does not mean another person of the same height can have size or body mass on you. Marquez had moments in the fight against Mayweather. I repeat I think it will be a blow out but he will have moments just like JMM. I see this fight exactly like JMM. What ever you are drinking on please put it down. Take your lady to Red Lobster have a drink and come back to earth. You are twisting my words. But anyway pick this post apart too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif) is a blonde moment? Or did you mean blond moment?

This post has been edited by Allmenjoi8: Dec 16 2011, 07:39 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:08 PM