Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo's Way, Ringside in NYC. Possible Cotto vs. Trout winner
sduck
post Nov 28 2012, 01:08 PM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

damn...give Canelo a chance. Why put Cotto above Canelo? Cotto has had his shot in the spotlight, and couldn't top it. Canelo is a potential star. Either one, Cotto or Trout is a credible name for Canelo, would be some of the best names on his resume so far... especially Cotto.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 28 2012, 01:26 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 27 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Tell me about it! He'll find some weird way to put a twist on his shenanigans...as always. That little offshore account of his, that he uses to "feed the starving children"...what can I say about that?

He just uses that money to fund his barrage of beautiful Hispanic women..Corona girls, perhaps? Dude is the Mexican Hugh Hefner. Too bad he takes pride in ruining boxing from time to time. LOL

all those ass implants, breast implants, capped teeth and lipo are expensive! it's for a good cause! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 28 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 28 2012, 10:37 AM) *
Oh how I would love to see a Canelo vs. Cotto fight!

gbp is hoping that the mayweather fight and the trout fight will take enough out of him to guarantee victory for the ginger.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 28 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 28 2012, 02:08 PM) *
damn...give Canelo a chance. Why put Cotto above Canelo? Cotto has had his shot in the spotlight, and couldn't top it. Canelo is a potential star. Either one, Cotto or Trout is a credible name for Canelo, would be some of the best names on his resume so far... especially Cotto.

umm...because of experience and actual accomplishment. this isn't the nba or nfl where u get respect for potential. u actually have to accomplish something. canelo is catching shit because he had an opportunity to fight him instead of josesito who came up 2 weight classes to fight him. canelo was sitting ringside when trout fought the dominican kid at homedepot. so now...after cotto and trout mix it up...canelo gets the diminished winner? they should both tell him to kick rocks.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 28 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 28 2012, 01:26 PM) *
all those ass implants, breast implants, capped teeth and lipo are expensive! it's for a good cause! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You know what Professor...you're actually onto something here. Most of these Corona girls have had some unusually big asses over the past few months...so all signs are pointing to implants.

Ha! That's it! Thank you Sulaiman, for your contribution to boxing! With all of this other nonsense going on (some of which he provides), he's actually looking out for us viewers who don't mind seeing some eye candy at fights!

He gets a few points from me, for that contribution alone.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 28 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 28 2012, 01:32 PM) *
umm...because of experience and actual accomplishment. this isn't the nba or nfl where u get respect for potential. u actually have to accomplish something. canelo is catching shit because he had an opportunity to fight him instead of josesito who came up 2 weight classes to fight him. canelo was sitting ringside when trout fought the dominican kid at homedepot. so now...after cotto and trout mix it up...canelo gets the diminished winner? they should both tell him to kick rocks.

Well of course. I'm just saying like why put Cotto so highly important as if he has more significance in the future? Cotto has already reached his peak in star potential and is more-likely near retirement. Canelo is still rising potential, so why overshadow him?

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Nov 29 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #27

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 27 2012, 03:24 AM) *
I guess this is Canelo's Way of hinting at who he wants his next opponent to be on May 4th. The obvious choice being Cotto, but last time Canelo was publicly reported ringside for a fight in which included the fighter he intended on facing, that fighter was upset, thus him having to settle with the lesser name winner (hint, hint), so Cotto better watch it. This also fuels the rumor of Mayweather being in talk with GBP for a fight with Guerrero, while Sergio Martinez is looking to make his ring return in his home country of Argentina, so all in all Canelo may have no choice but to choose the winner of Cotto-Trout.

I agree that Canelo wants Cotto more for the obvious reasons (bigger name, shorter, older and slower opponent plus he isn't a SP) but I think many people may be leaning towards Miguel a little too much and Trout may just be the man to throw a monkey into the wrench and wreck Cinnamon's plans.

I'd love to see Canelo vs Cotto but I wouldn't mind seeing how Cinnamon handles a young, speedy, tall, lanky/rangy SP either.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 29 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 28 2012, 03:30 PM) *
Well of course. I'm just saying like why put Cotto so highly important as if he has more significance in the future? Cotto has already reached his peak in star potential and is more-likely near retirement. Canelo is still rising potential, so why overshadow him?

it's not about the future. it's about now. cotto is taking on a bigger challenge than canelo did in his last fight. if cotto should win...he's in the drivers seat. if he should lose....then canelo may be in the drivers seat. if cotto should lose and canelo chooses to fight cotto instead of trout...he will lose major respect in my eyes, much the same way pac lost respect for fighting morales instead of zahir raheem.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 30 2012, 01:07 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Well to be fair up until now cotto hasn't fought a legit 154 pounder either. But I agree with the general consensus that Canelo has no right to big fights with his resume.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 30 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 30 2012, 02:07 AM) *
Well to be fair up until now cotto hasn't fought a legit 154 pounder either. But I agree with the general consensus that Canelo has no right to big fights with his resume.

that's not fair at all!!!

cotto's resume at 154 is better than canelos period.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 01:27 AM