IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> which fight would u rather see...., since we're not getting pac/floyd...
Cshel86
post Jan 26 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 26 2012, 04:12 PM) *
Cotto is the reason why I became a 'hardcore' boxing fan.

What was the first Cotto fight that you saw?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seek
post Jan 27 2012, 12:27 AM
Post #12

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2012, 09:19 PM) *
What was the first Cotto fight that you saw?

I think its was the Ricardo Torres fight. First fight i followed was vs Judah. That was a big fight, lots of media for that one

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Jan 27 2012, 07:13 AM
Post #13

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,355

Mayweather/Cotto. Been wanting to see this fight for years. Now that Cotto isn't a Top Rank slave any more, I'd like to see him fighting some non TR fighters.

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Jan 27 2012, 07:28 AM
Post #14

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 27 2012, 12:27 AM) *
I think its was the Ricardo Torres fight. First fight i followed was vs Judah. That was a big fight, lots of media for that one

Cotto/Torres was a good fight. Actually lost respect for Cotto in that one. Torres took the fight on very short notice and hurt Cotto a few times. Once Torres gassed out, Cotto get him out of there, but if Torres was in shape would've been a different ending imo. I gained more repect for him lately for basically fighting everyone in their prime or before they were damaged goods. Mosely, Judah, Margirito, Clottey, Pacquiao, N'Dou, Corley, Quintana, Gomez....good list. Adding Mayweather to that would be tremendous.

+Quote Post
Seek
post Jan 27 2012, 09:48 AM
Post #15

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 26 2012, 08:10 PM) *
i'm in the same position....i'm a big fan of both cotto and mayweather. i'm also a fan of pac...but i don't think the rematch will be so easy for him. cotto didn't have a real coach last time to correct his very obvious mistakes and they (pac/roach) game planned accordingly. as for the cotto/mayweather fight...there are things cotto can do that floyd has not seen in a while. floyd should win this one...but i'd like to see cotto push him. i think he's capable of doing that. as for who i will be rooting for....both. cotto/floyd is good for boxing.

I think we have a much better version of Cotto now then we did when he fought Pacquiao. Back then he virtually had no trainer, had to shed an extra two pounds and was coming off his loss to Margarito and a near loss to Clottey. His camp came into the fight thinking they could bully Pac and that Cotto was stronger.

Now Cotto is coming off of 3 tko wins. Is going to be comfortable making weight and has a real trainer with real experience. I think Cotto will have his moments vs Mayweather. He has power and pop in his punches at 154 and 10oz gloves. Mayweather might stop him late but the extra weight and gloves don't help him. I honestly think Pacquiao would be in some trouble if he takes this fight at 150.

It's good to see Cotto calling the shots right now. I'd still prefer to see it at the 154. No point in a catchweight.

+Quote Post
Thegreatequalize...
post Jan 27 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #16

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,603

i want to see mayweather-martinez at 154 and pac-marquez IV. and cotto-ortiz?

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 27 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 26 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Mayweather vs Cotto is my pick. We have seen PAC vs Cotto once already

Exactly and theres no reason to think part 2 will be any different.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 27 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 27 2012, 01:38 PM) *
Exactly and theres no reason to think part 2 will be any different.

sure there is...cotto made adjustments in the first fight. they may have come a little too late...but that stoppage was really b.s. because pac had not really landed much and was just following cotto around the ring. i said back then...cotto exposed a serious flaw in pac. he doesn't know how to cut off a ring. also...u can't dismiss the fact that cotto didn't have a real trainer in that fight. the game plan, his training camp...the advice in the corner during that fight...it was all wrong. having quality experience in camp and the corner will make a huge difference. i say cotto beats pac this time around.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 27 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 27 2012, 02:20 PM) *
sure there is...cotto made adjustments in the first fight. they may have come a little too late...but that stoppage was really b.s. because pac had not really landed much and was just following cotto around the ring. i said back then...cotto exposed a serious flaw in pac. he doesn't know how to cut off a ring. also...u can't dismiss the fact that cotto didn't have a real trainer in that fight. the game plan, his training camp...the advice in the corner during that fight...it was all wrong. having quality experience in camp and the corner will make a huge difference. i say cotto beats pac this time around.

He doesn't know how to cut off the ring because he's not used to a bigger fighter running from him. Let me preface my comments by saying I'm not a fan of either necessarily. I think Cotto's small sample set of success in the Pacquiao fight came when he was on his bicycle and moving around the ring; just like he did vs Magarito. However, I don't think he can sustain it for 12 rounds. I also think he's still damaged goods from the 1st fight with Magarito. He's been the superior boxer in a lot of his fights. Problem is, he can't take a punch all that well anymore and his defense isn't Mayweather good to stop him from getting hit. I don't think he exposed anything in Manny that wasn't already obvious to anyone who knows anything about boxing. Manny is a great fighter but just a pretty good boxer. That was exposed well before that fight and obviously after. I think we clearly saw the fight differently.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 27 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ Jan 27 2012, 12:30 PM) *
cotto-ortiz?

I was waiting on this one! Thanks!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:00 PM