IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Quillin-Rosado/Hopkins-Murat, No Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
Franchize
post Oct 31 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #141

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I thought the fight could have continued but it wasn't the worst stoppage in the world. I thought it should continue because, if you look, while it was a huge opening, somehow the corner stopped the bleeding a little. That being said, Rosado is acting like it was a little scrape. That was a HUGE cut. I could put my mail in there for a week. It was a judgement call. While I think that call was made early, there is no doubt in my mind Quillin would have opened that shit up more. Quillin's jab was popping him all night. So essentially, the ref did the inevitable, albeit a bit early.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 31 2013, 01:13 PM
Post #142

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 31 2013, 01:19 PM) *
I thought the fight could have continued but it wasn't the worst stoppage in the world. I thought it should continue because, if you look, while it was a huge opening, somehow the corner stopped the bleeding a little. That being said, Rosado is acting like it was a little scrape. That was a HUGE cut. I could put my mail in there for a week. It was a judgement call. While I think that call was made early, there is no doubt in my mind Quillin would have opened that shit up more. Quillin's jab was popping him all night. So essentially, the ref did the inevitable, albeit a bit early.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/michael-jordan-lol_zpsa9fd4e75.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 31 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #143

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 31 2013, 06:19 PM) *

It wasn't bleeding, and why did another doctor come across the ring to check on it when one doctor already checked. Good ole Al is just as bad as Arum in that he'll do whatever it takes for the desired result.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 31 2013, 03:59 PM
Post #144

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 31 2013, 03:38 PM) *
It wasn't bleeding, and why did another doctor come across the ring to check on it when one doctor already checked. Good ole Al is just as bad as Arum in that he'll do whatever it takes for the desired result.

My problem was with those two lopsided scorecards in Quillin-Rosado, more than the stoppage itself. Why can't officials just ignore who the promoter is, or who the fighter with the bigger name is, or the guy with the better record, and just score fairly? I think they really are at times intimidated to go against a promoter's cash cow. This process has really hurt boxing. I don't think Al Hayman played a role in the stoppage, but might have played a role in those two wide cards for Quillin.

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 31 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #145

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 31 2013, 09:59 PM) *
My problem was with those two lopsided scorecards in Quillin-Rosado, more than the stoppage itself. Why can't officials just ignore who the promoter is, or who the fighter with the bigger name is, or the guy with the better record, and just score fairly? I think they really are at times intimidated to go against a promoter's cash cow. This process has really hurt boxing. I don't think Al Hayman played a role in the stoppage, but might have played a role in those two wide cards for Quillin.

Jack

Either way it's bullshit. Man I wish they would of robbed Mayweather and been done with it so a nice outrage would of happened and this shit would be more in check.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 31 2013, 06:53 PM
Post #146

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

This dude has had like 15 rants. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the fight last weekend? Damn. And I'm dying to see this period in the fight where he was clearly about to knock Quillin out. Quillin didn't look hurt to me at all.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 31 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #147

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 1 2013, 12:53 AM) *
This dude has had like 15 rants. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the fight last weekend? Damn. And I'm dying to see this period in the fight where he was clearly about to knock Quillin out. Quillin didn't look hurt to me at all.

I think i'd be bitter if it was like that. Against GGG he didn't really have a chance, but against JLeon or whatever and this now

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 31 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #148

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

The fight should've went on a tad bit more but imo it would've been stopped later in the round or in the next round anyway. It was closer then those shitty scorecards will have us believe but 1-he wasn't nowhere near on the verge of stopping Quillin and 2-Quillin was winning the fight, one more round and it was over when you include the KD

Gabe is a loveable fighter, anybody who says any different is straight up crazy. But he gotta stop with these bitch fits. When hour was on those main event cards and he was winning he was talking 100 grand shit but when he lose he pulling up his skirt. Politics or no politics, he be playing his self with this stuff. He's made it easier to screw him over and the next time he loses I won't bat an eye. He talking about he and Pete and built the same, obviously not. He told Quillin in the ring that hour had no problems with him, the cameras caught it, then he showed him love when talking to Gray. Then he gets in another area away from dude, now he talking reckless about him. He foul no matter what the outcome was. Quillin would beat him in a rematch imo, and that's due to his accuracy. How you backing a guy up and he nailing you with damn near everything he throwing. Gabe kept the pressure up but Quillin carried the fight. These rants are dumb, GGG gloves was messed with, he lost to J'Leon because he was a Mayweather promoted fighter. He got chested against Quillin. Maybe Gabe is the problem but I'm sure he don't think of it like that

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 31 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #149

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 31 2013, 06:53 PM) *

I saw the post fight interview with Grey. I don't think he was at any time about to KO Peter, but the fight was competitive when it was stopped.

Jack

PS. An interview with Rosado:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15483.html

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 31 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #150

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 31 2013, 04:59 PM) *

Jack

Judging will ALWAYS be subjective, so its really not much that we can do about it. Some judges' idea of a fighter being "aggressive", is a vast difference between the judge who believes a fighter is being "effectively aggressive". That coupled with the whole, "that round could've been a 10-8 round", though there was never a KD.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 31 2013, 05:42 PM) *
Either way it's bullshit. Man I wish they would of robbed Mayweather and been done with it so a nice outrage would of happened and this shit would be more in check.

I doubt if it would've made a difference, honestly. A loss for Floyd (controversial or not) would bring more people to the sport...due to the mystery factor of whether or not it could be repeated. What we have seen as of late, if Manny getting KTFO, and suddenly, better testing needs to be done in the sport.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 31 2013, 07:53 PM) *

Shiiiiiid! Did you see the end of the 4th round? Quillen was on queer street, but time was on his side, being that the round was coming to an end. Those little Diamond "strike anywhere" matches that Quillen calls legs, weren't gonna hold up any longer.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:09 PM