IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My last few fights, Video link inside!
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 1 2010, 03:11 AM
Post #41

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 1 2010, 03:44 AM) *
Hey Lil Light...did you ever balloon between fights?

Oh SHITTTTT!!! Great question.

Hell yeah I did, LOL! My trainer so many times would try and get me on the scale at the gym, but I would flat out refuse cause I knew what I weighed. I would just tell him, don't worry, i will make the weight at the fight.

Huge problem for me, not as bad as Toney though. My problem was my eating habits and woman problems. I had a lot of personal problems with this certain female(my wife) back then that too many days I would skip out on the gym, and also skip on my diet. So yeah I would put on too much weight and then ended up training with a rubber suit a lot to lose the water weight. Man, if I only knew back then about proper nutrition and dieting, I would have had way better stamina.

I usually fought at 132, but walked around at 150 or so. After my fighting days, in 2005 I actually ballooned up to 199lbs!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/scare.gif) I looked like Hatton, hahaha.

My best advice is to study the basics on nutrition and try and cut out sugar as much as possible, and try to stay as close(comfortably) to your fighting weight. So much more involved, but too much to explain. That's why I like Tim Bradley so much, he eats so healthy and his weight does not fluctuate that much.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Sep 5 2010, 04:44 AM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,301

Nice vid's, LL.

Man, do you know what a backwards step is?! Haha. You fight like a man posessed! Good work. You look real strong and pretty powerful.

Thanks for sharing.

Blaze, get your training vid's up, dude! Let us see!

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 6 2010, 11:33 PM
Post #43

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 1 2010, 05:14 AM) *
Yeah I know what you're saying, lol. I often shadow box quite a bit, but yeah different when you have someone in front of you.

Well then get your ass in the ring and work on your weakness, lol.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 6 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #44

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 5 2010, 05:44 AM) *
Nice vid's, LL.

Man, do you know what a backwards step is?! Haha. You fight like a man posessed! Good work. You look real strong and pretty powerful.

Thanks for sharing.

Blaze, get your training vid's up, dude! Let us see!

Thanks dude. You know what really sucked about being a power puncher? I could not tell you how many times at other gyms I almost always had to spar heavier fighters. Because so many times during sparring(or actual fighting without spectators,lol), i would drop guys my weight and they would be pulled and in comes a guy 2 weight classes above me. It used to really piss me off, cause I know how to spar, but so many dudes would go 100% and I had no choice but to go hard right back. Some guys would never believe I weighed 135, hahaha.

Yeah Blaze... post something soon.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Sep 7 2010, 12:33 AM
Post #45

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 7 2010, 12:42 AM) *
Thanks dude. You know what really sucked about being a power puncher? I could not tell you how many times at other gyms I almost always had to spar heavier fighters. Because so many times during sparring(or actual fighting without spectators,lol), i would drop guys my weight and they would be pulled and in comes a guy 2 weight classes above me. It used to really piss me off, cause I know how to spar, but so many dudes would go 100% and I had no choice but to go hard right back. Some guys would never believe I weighed 135, hahaha.

Yeah Blaze... post something soon.

No shit, and then guys would get pissed because you hit them hard? LOL

Fast guys never have to deal with that shit. Can you imagine someone telling Roy or Zab to punch slower? That would be hilarious!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 7 2010, 12:46 AM
Post #46

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 7 2010, 01:33 AM) *
No shit, and then guys would get pissed because you hit them hard? LOL

Fast guys never have to deal with that shit. Can you imagine someone telling Roy or Zab to punch slower? That would be hilarious!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Yeah, ummmm... you got any slower fighters? It's just not fair, they are too fast, lol.

I shit you not.

It was not the fighters that would pull that shit, it was the trainers. It's like they need to show their superiority. I could say so many examples of BS that used to irritate me. One time after owning some 132 pounder for 3 rounds, they threw in a very solid 154lb. fighter with me. It was the ONLY time I was off my feet in sparring from a head shot, lol. Afterwards though the dude told me he was close to going down after I smashed him with my best hook, though the right hand he hit me with put me right on my ass. Hahaha.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Sep 7 2010, 08:25 AM
Post #47

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Yeah, people SHOULD spar at a relaxed pace sometimes.

If there is no danger of being hurt, you can work on slips and head movement - for example. If someone is always trying to take your head off with a punch, you won't have the confidence to practice different things.

Obviously, once a fighter is becoming comfortable with the new learned skill, the tempo must be upped bit by bit to resemble a fight.

But yeah, we have guys in my gym who just try to kill anyone they get in the ring with - bigger, smaller, women, lol....anyone!

i can spar with guys and girls who are much lighter, and I can pull shots and make sure they get a good workout without going in all guns blazing....i've never understood why people do that?!

This post has been edited by ROLL DEEP: Sep 7 2010, 08:25 AM

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 7 2010, 09:18 AM
Post #48

Light Heavyweight

When I trained all the time at my gym, most knew how to "spar" properly, there were the occasional few who just could not control there punches. But mainly when you go to another gym, then it's mostly just a fight, haha. My trainer ALWAYS told me that, we are not going to spar, we are going to fight! This is their gym and they don't want to look bad at their gym, so be ready for anything.

I am with Roll, I love the relaxed controlled sparring. Then both fighters benefit and can learn from one another. And most importantly you learn to relax in there and not tense up so much. Sure you need to bring up the intensity too sometimes, but both fighters should be on the same page. It amazes me how some just do not get how to just "work" on stuff while sparring.

Even now I spar a little up at my brothers little MMA gym, and most understand the concept of "sparring" with me. Me and my brother have been sparring for over 20 years now, we definitely helped each other out a lot. But there is this one dude who is really cool and tough, but he weighs 205lbs and just can not relax sometimes and is always so tense and hard with his punches. Man I REALLY wish I had taped me sparring him and this other dude who was 195lbs, dropped them both HARD with left hooks to the body when they got a little out of control. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Fitz- First off...where some damn headgear, lol. Second, quit smoking and get back in there so maybe in 6 months we can see you in a video up in here. I am sure we will still be waiting on Blaze...

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Sep 7 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #49

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

I've got a video of me hittin the speed bag and me throwing some left hooks on a med. ball I think..Once I get back to my apt. in the city in the next few days,I'll see if I can get that stuff up..I remember having some problems last time I tried but if that happens again,I'll e-mail the videos to someone..

Wish I had sparring footage..Especially when I dropped this guy who was like 225(like 25 lbs heavier than me at the time) right on his face..He fell forward on his face with his arms stretched out after he missed a left hook and I threw an overhand right and caught him flush but not full powered..

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 7 2010, 10:42 PM
Post #50

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

I got some of my fights in video cam and I got a vid of me hitting the double end bag and heavy bag I'll post it as well

BTW Good shit Roll and Lil Light on the videos...

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:36 AM