IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Pacquiao-Marquez IV-SPOILERS (Topics Merged), Should There Be a Fifth Fight? Poll Added!!!
Should Pacquiao and Marquez Fight a Fifth Time?
Pacquaio-Marquez V?
Yes [ 3 ] ** [30.00%]
No [ 6 ] ** [60.00%]
Not Sure [ 1 ] ** [10.00%]
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
mgrover
post Dec 8 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

looking at marquez he's bulked up quite a bit, anyone think itll effect his punch fluidity?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 8 2012, 07:28 PM
Post #12

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2012, 06:19 PM) *
Not sure how I feel about this funky undercard...I mean seriously, c'mon Bob. He did better with this one, than he did with the Chavez/Martinez card, which was sickening. Bob's done better, but he slipped in the last half of this year, after the Pac/Bradley undercard.

Anyway, with close fights like this, its hard to predict an outcome. I want to hop on the "Marquez by TKO" train, but I will see how the fight goes after the first couple of rounds. Me thinks that Manny will try to come out and go balls to wall, regardless of how bad JMM's skills put him to shame at times.

With that in mind, there are still some dumb casual fans out there with hopes of a megafight looming in the back of their heads, so if JMM doesn't hit the deck and is still standing at the final bell, then we see another robbery...in hopes of a fight that will never happen. This way, Manny's marketability wont take a nose dive, while he prepares for this possible Rios fight in a few months.

JMM looks to have a mean plan up his sleeve, but if he isn't careful, then we'll see him hit the deck. He had a pretty good game plan and a slew of determination in the 2nd fight, but he got a bit too careless in the exchange, and tasted the canvas. In the 3rd fight, again, he had a great game plan, but was a bit TOO careful, and ended up getting robbed/jobbed/jerked/screwed/whatever.

Anyway, I see both guys going for an early knockout (in under 4 rounds), if not...then we'll see another 12 tactical rounds of "you first, then I go".

In a twist,

It was reported that the judges were at the rules meeting with commission head Keith Kitzer telling them how to score. So you think CShel that Marquez has to TKO/KO Manny to get a fair shake? I don't know how many would buy a 5th fight. I think this is do or die for Marquez. I will take Marquez by a close decision.

I also share a possible fate that you have, first four rounds at most could be a war. But after that it could be, "Let's take turns and be nice to each other." Yes, there is that potential Pacquiao-Rios fight. I don't know how much the oddsmakers figure into that.

Jack

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Dec 8 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #13

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Jovi @ Dec 8 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Marquez has gotten better since the first fight, and every fight gets better and better. So this time i think he gets the Majority decision or KD. He should have won on split decision last time, but thats another debate. Did you see his body? he's a machine, the losses seemed to just have motivated him that much more.

Massive indeed, but he still weighed-in at 143 (4 lbs less than Pac). I wonder if that'll be a factor in the fight. Will Marquez be faster? Will Pac be stronger? Only time will tell.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 8 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #14

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

With that in mind, there are still some dumb casual fans out there with hopes of a megafight looming in the back of their heads, so if JMM doesn't hit the deck and is still standing at the final bell, then we see another robbery...in hopes of a fight that will never happen.

Not to mention certain Paquiao commentating cheerleaders, Lamply and Kellerman, who will mention the same old song and dance interview to Manny, win or lose. I mean, if it weren't for Pacquiao, what money would Marquez bring to the table at this stage, and age?

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 8 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 8 2012, 07:28 PM) *
In a twist,

It was reported that the judges were at the rules meeting with commission head Keith Kitzer telling them how to score. So you think CShel that Marquez has to TKO/KO Manny to get a fair shake? I don't know how many would buy a 5th fight. I think this is do or die for Marquez. I will take Marquez by a close decision.

I also share a possible fate that you have, first four rounds at most could be a war. But after that it could be, "Let's take turns and be nice to each other." Yes, there is that potential Pacquiao-Rios fight. I don't know how much the oddsmakers figure into that.

Jack

If JMM scores a knockdown, then he doesn't have to do anything else, except stay on his feet til the final bell. Besides, Manny getting that knockdown in the 2nd fight, gave him the nod, so Im sure it will help JMM in this case. Even is Manny loses this fight, Rios is already in the cue, ready to make Manny look good in April.

Neither guy (Manny or JMM) has anything to gain from this fight, win, lose, or draw. This fight is all about lining Arum's pockets and making sure that Manny doesn't fall under the radar in terms of PPV buys. Fighting Bradley would've done exactly that...so this fight is all about Bob.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 8 2012, 07:32 PM) *
Not to mention certain Paquiao commentating cheerleaders, Lamply and Kellerman, who will mention the same old song and dance interview to Manny, win or lose. I mean, if it weren't for Pacquiao, what money would Marquez bring to the table at this stage, and age?

Jack

Exactly. I dont think Kellerman will side with Manny throughout the fight like Lampley will, but like you said, Kellerman WILL bring up the megafight in the interview.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Dec 8 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Marquez doesn't have enough power to make a difference, same result as before.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 8 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2012, 08:24 PM) *
looking at marquez he's bulked up quite a bit, anyone think itll effect his punch fluidity?

I don't think so, of course I'm not an expert, but he doesnt really look wider. He just looks like he built some depth on his delta and biceps, it will he interesting to see if he has more power and if he has lost speed and how manny will react to that. But if by any means he hurts pac at all I'm sure were gonna hear demands and accusations after

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 8 2012, 08:20 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 9 2012, 01:13 AM) *
I don't think so, of course I'm not an expert, but he doesnt really look wider. He just looks like he built some depth on his delta and biceps, it will he interesting to see if he has more power and if he has lost speed and how manny will react to that. But if by any means he hurts pac at all I'm sure were gonna hear demands and accusations after

well hes always managed to stun pac so thats nothing new

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 8 2012, 08:50 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

Since I've decided NOT to order this PPV, I'm going to park myself right here to keep up with results until the Pacman-Marquez fight is over. I am interested in the outcome and especially if its Pacman what he will have to say in the postfight interview. I have No predictions in this fight. Its to close to call at this point. I will say 1 thing though...Marquez looks very strong up top where Pacman looks stronger in the legs. It should be interesting, but NOT worth the $ for PPV.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 8 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Shit! This fight is 70 fuckin' dollars?! I hit the "buy" button last night, not knowing that it would cost this much. WTF?

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:51 PM