Cshel86
post Sep 23 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 23 2012, 01:10 AM) *
Where are his loved ones at?

Probably somewhere spending the money that's he fought so hard for, or crossing their fingers in all hopes that this fight gets inked and puts some money in his pockets...for them. Fuckin' family members chap my ass, but that's what happens when you hit it big.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 23 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #12

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 23 2012, 11:16 AM) *
Probably somewhere spending the money that's he fought so hard for, or crossing their fingers in all hopes that this fight gets inked and puts some money in his pockets...for them. Fuckin' family members chap my ass, but that's what happens when you hit it big.

Maybe it's not the family Shel, maybe he wants to be in the spotlight again as a pond for pound guy. Maybe he believes he can get back to the top level and he is starting from top to bottom

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 23 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 22 2012, 08:47 PM) *
fuck legacy, if you ask me about Roy Jones Jr to me he'll be the middleweight who beat Hopkins and Toney, its true what they say, fighters don't burn out they fade away

Not to mention he beat Hopkins with one hand.. I really wanted hbo to sign Roy to an announcing gig long term

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 23 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 23 2012, 12:01 PM) *
Maybe it's not the family Shel, maybe he wants to be in the spotlight again as a pond for pound guy. Maybe he believes he can get back to the top level and he is starting from top to bottom

At this age? There are very few guys fighting at his age, who are longing to be a P4P fighter. More than likely, money is an issue here. Im not saying that he's broke, but he should be doing everything else in boxing, aside from fighting. Lol

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Sep 23 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #15

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

roy jones one of my favorite boxers of all time but damn i hate to hear that the man continue to fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 25 2012, 01:05 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

jones/kimbo

let's throw in tyson/butterbean and make it a tag team match!!!

who's the guy who suggested tag team boxing!? this is the perfect time to bust that out!!! they are about to change the game!!!

i'm going with jones and tyson over kimbo and butterbean. anyone wanna place a wager? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 25 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 25 2012, 02:05 PM) *
jones/kimbo

let's throw in tyson/butterbean and make it a tag team match!!!

who's the guy who suggested tag team boxing!? this is the perfect time to bust that out!!! they are about to change the game!!!

i'm going with jones and tyson over kimbo and butterbean. anyone wanna place a wager? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Don't forget about Chris brown/drake, we can have a triple threat

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 25 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Man that was me with the tag team boxing idea, remember? Yall clowned me oh-so-openly about it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I like the idea of that triple threat match, by the way.

I always thought that "exhibition" spelled, "Hey, Im done with the sport...just doing this shits & giggles, charity, etc". When you have an exhibition-type fight like, that's being taken seriously, it scares me a bit. I would only hope that would stoop this low, but hey, I cant really judge him though.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 25 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 25 2012, 07:54 PM) *
Man that was me with the tag team boxing idea, remember? Yall clowned me oh-so-openly about it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I like the idea of that triple threat match, by the way.

I always thought that "exhibition" spelled, "Hey, Im done with the sport...just doing this shits & giggles, charity, etc". When you have an exhibition-type fight like, that's being taken seriously, it scares me a bit. I would only hope that would stoop this low, but hey, I cant really judge him though.

An exhibition shouldn't be taken lightly, look what happened to Apollo Creed.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Sep 26 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

This would actually be a good fight

oh and Kimbo sucks. Lovely street beast, but leave the professional game to the professionals.

This post has been edited by sduck: Sep 26 2012, 12:08 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 07:23 AM