Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marquez Firm, Does not want a 5th fight with pac
Col Reb
post Feb 8 2013, 12:40 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

Very disappointed. Hopefully Arum can flex his muscle and get a fifth fight. It is the only fight for Manny besides a Floyd fight that will never happen. If Marquez doesn't fight Manny next, I wish he would fight Morales just to complete the circle.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Feb 8 2013, 02:24 AM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

i still think a 5th fight will happen by the end of this year or early next year

+Quote Post
VJones
post Feb 8 2013, 04:24 AM
Post #13

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 6 2013, 03:09 PM) *
pac did his best in the first bout....and even with the 3 knockdowns...a lot of ppl thought he lost that one. i thought pac won it by a point. as for the 2nd and 3rd bouts...i don't believe pac won either of those and it was clear he couldn't improve on his previous performance in either bout. the 4th bout erased all doubt as to who is the better fighter. pac's performance has consistently declined with each passing bout. a fifth bout won't be any different. move on marquez. move on pac fans.

+1 Great minds and all of that, Professor! Fifth fight just isn't necessary. In a perfect world, I'd like to see Juan get a lovely retirement bonus for Mayweather/Marques II (same outcome, a slight more competitive perhaps) and call it quits. Or get a title at 47 to cement his legacy as the best Mexican fighter of his generation and perhaps ever.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 8 2013, 09:10 AM
Post #14

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 8 2013, 04:24 AM) *
+1 Great minds and all of that, Professor! Fifth fight just isn't necessary. In a perfect world, I'd like to see Juan get a lovely retirement bonus for Mayweather/Marques II (same outcome, a slight more competitive perhaps) and call it quits. Or get a title at 47 to cement his legacy as the best Mexican fighter of his generation and perhaps ever.

Ditto. Any fight worth seeing Marquez in is going to probably see him take a lot of hits, might as well be for a big pay day. I don't want to see him go out fighting Rios making decent money. He's earned better than that. He's pretty much been the Manny Pacquiao understudy for the last 5 years of his career. It's about time Arum start rewarding people for beating his golden child.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Feb 8 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

jmm just said he doesn't want to fight floyd again

+Quote Post
Dric
post Feb 13 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 13,817

I think the fights between JMM and Manny are getting old, it ended the way it should of ended and thats by knockout. JMM has nothing else to prove, he might as well fight other fighters and not waste his time fighting Manny again and besides I"m pretty sure Arum would try to pay him less than Manny at this point. Did you hear that Arum wants Manny and JMM to fight overseas lol, I mean seriously he is what is wrong with boxing. BTW I'm still waiting on that stadium arum said he was going to build for Mayweather fight lol.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 15 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 8 2013, 04:24 AM) *

it's looking like bob is going to try and force the fif fight. i say jmm should flip him the bird and call it a career. he's got nothing left to prove. i wouldn't mind seeing him put it on rios before retiring though.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 16 2013, 11:28 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 8 2013, 12:40 PM) *
jmm just said he doesn't want to fight floyd again

I'm sure he'd get more than the $6M that he just got against Manny. He got almost $4M upfront against Floyd the first time, and that was guaranteed along with the $600k that he got at the scales. I'd say that he's good for about $8M in a rematch. Am I the only one that thinks this?

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 17 2013, 12:47 AM
Post #19

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Dric @ Feb 13 2013, 05:04 PM) *
I think the fights between JMM and Manny are getting old, it ended the way it should of ended and thats by knockout. JMM has nothing else to prove, he might as well fight other fighters and not waste his time fighting Manny again and besides I"m pretty sure Arum would try to pay him less than Manny at this point. Did you hear that Arum wants Manny and JMM to fight overseas lol, I mean seriously he is what is wrong with boxing. BTW I'm still waiting on that stadium arum said he was going to build for Mayweather fight lol.

LMAO---- that has got to the best ducking excuse ever in history-- " I need to build a stadium big enough first"... LMAO

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 17 2013, 01:44 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 11:28 PM) *
I'm sure he'd get more than the $6M that he just got against Manny. He got almost $4M upfront against Floyd the first time, and that was guaranteed along with the $600k that he got at the scales. I'd say that he's good for about $8M in a rematch. Am I the only one that thinks this?

I agree. And there is no reason why Juan shouldn't feel like he deserves the lions share of the cut he just put pac on extra strength elephants nyquill. That's probably why he wants to fight rios because he will probably get the larger share

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 09:28 PM