> Mayweather VS Mosley
The Original MrF...
post Sep 22 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 22 2009, 04:30 PM) *
Agree 100%. Floyd is a great boxer but I just have a feeling that Shane mugs is ass from round 1 on. I wouldnt be surprised if it wound up looking like Cotto v Margarito. I am sure I will get plenty of replies on that one.

I agree witcha...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Sep 22 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Maaaaan, I would LOVE to see Floyd and Mosley.

Shane is one of my favourite fighters and would sure give Floyd HELL in the fight. Aint no way Mayweather is stopping Shane and I can't see Floyd being comfortable slipping and sliding from Shane for 12 rounds.

Mosely will bring intelligent heat for Floyd. He wont just amble forward and let himself get pot-shotted like so many others have. Shane is quick, skilled and has a great power advantage.

Saying that, you cant deny Floyds pedigree.

I think this fight depends on how much Shane has left.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Sep 22 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #43

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

Last thing I'm going to say regarding Floyd Mayeather (HERE) till his next fight is SIGNED.. I hope this fight happens, I've clamored and begged for it. Floyd even to his dissenters should be granted ONE tuneup fight and fine if thats Marquez. Right?? After a layoff or give him nothing but bread and water,lol??

Boy oh boy, Shane can't help it can he? Jin has his leash one minute and now 'Nard has it,lol. What they did was tacky and surely if anyone else NOT NAMED the guy from Grand Rapids they would have gotten more scorn but regardless. It was effective and I guess thats what matters right (sit ubu, err I mean "Shane", good dog).

I'll scream bloody murder with you all if Floyd fights anyone not named Mosley next (ok maybe I'll settle for Cotto) just like I did for Dela Hoya II. But here's what I really wanted to say. Floyd in an easy decision.

Shane poses a problem with his power but where Shane loses is how he can be hit, frustrated and most of all not fleet of foot. Now most would equate the later to run but there's a difference between running and movement. Floyd can punch and miss, know the counter, reposition himself and relaunch his attack. Mosley is a fast guy but he's a fast guy that has to be planted on his feet before he launches. This is most important, Mosley is a rhythm fighter. If you can break his rhythm, you have a very good chance of discouraging him mentally.

Thats another thing people don't give Mayweather credit for but be honest. How many times have you seen Mayweather visibly discouraged vs. Mosley?? Ok, I know the excuse for Mayweather, "he's fought nobody to do that to him or put himself in that situation blah, blah". I'll disagree and he indeed has been in some situations but he doesn't show it. This factors BIG in the fight.

Now that said since I'm SoOOOO "pro Mayweather", Mosley indeed can win and does pose a threat. I believe Bro Nasim should
have Shane feinting a lot more and working on his footwork to cut off the ring when Floyd moves. One thing that I absolutely LOVED that Shane did against Marg was that "up/down, down/up" jabs he threw. He can't throw that at the same pace he was doing it with Marg against Floyd (because he'll zoom in with a counter right), but he can increase the pace and mix it up with a variety of other jabs, mix'd with feints to set his right hand up.

Thats the ONLY way he's gonna land his left hook and I agree, Mosley has a vicious one but contrary to what Roger says, I definitely believe they study fighters tendencies and they KNOW thats coming and will be prepared for it. But not if they can occupy floyd with th mixes of jabs I described..

I still say Mosley gets discouraged mid fight and tries to come on late and May pulls out a 116-112 decision.

Hopefully now they'll (GBP) will do whatever to make the fight.

This post has been edited by MarzB: Sep 22 2009, 08:46 PM

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Sep 22 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #44

Cerebral Ape

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,390

i think it's all about dollars. floyd will fight the winner of cotto vs pac or mosley, whoever ponies up the most loot.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Sep 23 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #45

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 22 2009, 03:53 PM) *
The Mosley that beat margarito wasnt all that different physically. He went in with a great game plan and stuck to it. I think he and naz will gameplan Mayweather too. I think the way Mosley beats him is to keep him retreating and keep a jab on him all night. Mosley UD 12. it aint hard to make Mayweather retreat. Carlos Baldomir made him retreat all nite, and that guy had maybe 9 KOs to his name. Shane being the bigger guy can set the tempo with a jab. If Mayweather stands his ground, good for Mosley because then he will beat Mayweather up.

I agree, but I was still surprised by his output personally. I agree with everything else - be it Mosley or Cotto, they will need to cut off the ring and move forward behind a solid jab. They may be able to win without actually landing more punches if he does enough running. Look at the DLH fight. I didn't think that was scored particularly well, but DLH almost pulled it out simply by going forward the whole fight. Mosley and Cotto are much more effect body punchers and they both have good-great jabs.

Watch for excuses for the next several weeks. Every excuse in the book will be thrown for him NOT to fight Mosley. Once Cotto handles Pacquiao, Mayweather will have to choose the lesser of 2 evils. I dont think he wants to fight Cotto either. Retirement will be strongly discussed because he's done everything in the sport, he has no interest anymore, crying... he doesn't fight to see whose the best, more crying... Hope people see through this stuff now.

It's exciting on the one hand because I don't think the media will be lenient with him here. Assuming Cotto beats Pacman, Floyd will have to fight a serious threat and I would expect the media to harass him in every interview until a fight is made. Worst case scenario is Cotto loses, PBF beats Pacman easily and retires again. Best case is that Cotto obliterates Pacquaio and leaving Floyd with no options : )

The funny thing is that most fighters would kill for this opportunity. The legacy of many great fighters gets called into question because of their competition. Floyd has a chance to cement his legacy with 2 more fights. We'll see which option he takes ; )

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Sep 23 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #46

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 21 2009, 02:54 PM) *
I think we know Floyd won't be standing his ground or anything close to it.

The bottom line is that Floyd is too fast for Mosley and Floyd will stay outside and do exactly enough to win each round.

Ehhhh - I think you are underestimating Mosley quite badly. If he has the right strategy, he isn't going to stand on the outside and try to out jab PBF. At least, he won't do it for long. PBF can be hit to the body and all it takes is a few of Mosley's shots to have a big impact - look at his fight with Cotto. He wailed on his body and it certainly had an effect. DLH was able to steal rounds off PBF while being countered in the face, but all the while coming forward; you really think Mosley won't be able to at least do THAT? Floyd will have to land at a significant disparity to win a fight against Mosley going backwards IMHO. Right or wrong, I don't think the judges will score the fight for him. Some of his counters are so quick that they can't see them, and many of them probably think punches he rolls actually land.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Sep 23 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #47

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 22 2009, 02:53 PM) *
The Mosley that beat margarito wasnt all that different physically. He went in with a great game plan and stuck to it. I think he and naz will gameplan Mayweather too. I think the way Mosley beats him is to keep him retreating and keep a jab on him all night. Mosley UD 12. it aint hard to make Mayweather retreat. Carlos Baldomir made him retreat all nite, and that guy had maybe 9 KOs to his name. Shane being the bigger guy can set the tempo with a jab. If Mayweather stands his ground, good for Mosley because then he will beat Mayweather up.

Watch for excuses for the next several weeks. Every excuse in the book will be thrown for him NOT to fight Mosley. Once Cotto handles Pacquiao, Mayweather will have to choose the lesser of 2 evils. I dont think he wants to fight Cotto either. Retirement will be strongly discussed because he's done everything in the sport, he has no interest anymore, crying... he doesnt fight to see whose the best, more crying... Hope people see through this stuff now.

Good post.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Sep 23 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #48

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (MarzB @ Sep 22 2009, 09:41 PM) *
Shane poses a problem with his power but where Shane loses is how he can be hit, frustrated and most of all not fleet of foot. Now most would equate the later to run but there's a difference between running and movement. Floyd can punch and miss, know the counter, reposition himself and relaunch his attack. Mosley is a fast guy but he's a fast guy that has to be planted on his feet before he launches. This is most important, Mosley is a rhythm fighter. If you can break his rhythm, you have a very good chance of discouraging him mentally.

Yah, that's a really good point. I think I would be pretty sad if Floyd were able to just break Mosley's rythm, frustrate him, and move all night. It's certainly a strong possibility, but I just don't see it for 12 rounds. Cotto was able to do just that against Mosley for the first half of their fight, but Shane was able to work through it and come on stronger late in the fight. With Naz in his corner now, I would expect Mosley to be able to make adjustments more quickly.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Sep 23 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 23 2009, 11:49 AM) *
Ehhhh - I think you are underestimating Mosley quite badly. If he has the right strategy, he isn't going to stand on the outside and try to out jab PBF. At least, he won't do it for long. PBF can be hit to the body and all it takes is a few of Mosley's shots to have a big impact - look at his fight with Cotto. He wailed on his body and it certainly had an effect. DLH was able to steal rounds off PBF while being countered in the face, but all the while coming forward; you really think Mosley won't be able to at least do THAT? Floyd will have to land at a significant disparity to win a fight against Mosley going backwards IMHO. Right or wrong, I don't think the judges will score the fight for him. Some of his counters are so quick that they can't see them, and many of them probably think punches he rolls actually land.

I'm not underestimating Mosley, but he is 38 and Floyd is definitely the faster and more coordinated man. And as much as Shane's aggressive style worked against guys like Marg and Cotto, Floyd ain't going to be there to be hit to the body. Further, I'd argue that Shane's style is a good one for Floyd because Floyd can play his natural role of counterpuncher all night.

Obviously Shane will be throwing heavier punches (I seriously don't believe that Floyd will plant his feet all night unless he's got a totally wide open counter shot), but Floyd will be throwing quicker, more accurate punches. And given the speed difference, I just think that Floyd is the smart bet from every angle.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Sep 23 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #50

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

I would pick Mayweather against Mosley....and Cotto, and Pacquiao, and Williams, and Martinez, and Cintron, et cetera, et cetera......

Not saying all of those guys don't have a good shot or anything....but I will basically pick Mayweather against everyone from 154 and down...

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th July 2014 - 02:40 AM