IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mosley vs Mora this weekend, Anyone buying the card?
BigG
post Sep 17 2010, 11:00 AM
Post #41

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Salvador, I'ma a fan of Canelo...and I think he's def. a future champ but Baldomir has become an underrated fighter. He's nothing great but he's got alot of experience and a helluva chin and good stamina in the late rounds. Remember this guy took everything Vernon Forrest threw at him.

Ortiz will stop Harris in 5..

Mosley by UD over Mora
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 17 2010, 03:24 PM
Post #42

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

the closer fight time gets the more im leaning towards mora... i just see mosely having problems with boxers and mora is bigger and can box and he's a pretty smart fighter in the ring as well and knows how to use the ring... a rusty forrest or not when mora beat him the fact he was able to pull it off over that caliber of a fighter speaks a lot about the guy... mosely being older i just dont think will be able to catch up.. it'll be good for the first few rounds then i think mora slowly pulls away... either way i think tomorrow proves to be a very bad style match up for mosley... mora is not great but i think he's better than maybe most initially thought... i wont be surprised to see mora enter the next pac opponent sweepstakes if he pulls off the win...

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Sep 17 2010, 03:29 PM

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post Sep 17 2010, 04:10 PM
Post #43

Welterweight

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 16 2010, 09:10 AM) *
$44.95 according to the front page story.

$34.95 would be more in line with reality...

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post Sep 17 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #44

Welterweight

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 17 2010, 07:05 AM) *
Ortiz-Harris and Alvarez-Baldomir make this worth watching, but neither of those fights would have been main events on a regular HBO card (as neither Harris nor Baldomir are legit contenders) so to call this a "solid PPV" is just another way of saying that we, as boxing fans, have gotten so used to being screwed that we are actually grateful for 3 B-level fights in one night. The super bowl, the kentucky derby, and the world series are all free but Mosley-Mora costs $44.95. This is an ass-fucking courtesy of Goldenboy.

And that about sums it up...

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 17 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

For once I'm the lucky one, this PPV is costing me $24.95 NZD which represents good value for money especially as I want to see how Saul goes against Baldomir.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 17 2010, 06:40 PM
Post #46

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Terrible as a PPV,

I don't buy PPV anymore to keep cable costs down. This would be better served on HBO B.A.D or W.C.B over two consecutive weekends or something, than paying $45-$50 for it. The undercard is good HBO quality, but that is all. Mosley-Mora could be a better than expected fight, but not worth paying for.

Jack

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 17 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #47

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

all great points and maybe salvador says it best.... but... what are you gonna do?... my weekends are not complete if theres no boxing on and theres been times ive ordered ufc when there was no boxing competing... just saying... this is actually a very descent under card compared to what promoters have been serving up...

+Quote Post
caneman
post Sep 17 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #48

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

So Mora didn't even make weight huh? I feel this goes on way too much these days! I just feel it's weak, I mean they are paid pros yet can't even do their job & make weight...I don't get it but whatever! If they can't make weight, should they get paid or even be allowed to fight?

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Sep 17 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #49

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 18 2010, 12:57 AM) *
So Mora didn't even make weight huh? I feel this goes on way too much these days! I just feel it's weak, I mean they are paid pros yet can't even do their job & make weight...I don't get it but whatever! If they can't make weight, should they get paid or even be allowed to fight?

Mora didn't make weight? Even more reasons to hate that piece of shit.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Sep 17 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #50

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 17 2010, 08:00 PM) *
Mora didn't make weight? Even more reasons to hate that piece of shit.

From what I heard he came in @ 157...I figured it would be in this thread. What professionals we have these days! I just feel if they can't make weight, they should be paid & that goes for any of them!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 01:26 AM