IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Rios vs. Alverado Rematch Preview "World War II!", Who Wins? Comment and Vote in the Poll!
Rios-Alverado II-"World War II"
Who Wins?
Rios by Decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Rios by Decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Rios by TKO/KO [ 5 ] ** [55.56%]
Alverado by Decision (close) [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Alverado by Decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alverado by TKO/KO [ 3 ] ** [33.33%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 9

Jack 1000
post Mar 20 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

They ripped each other apart for six and half rounds, in a fight compared to many of boxing's classic brawls! Will anything be different this time? Can Alverado win? If Alverado wins, do you think they might have a trilogy in the style of Gatti-Ward?

Predict and comment!

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 20 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

Ríos by TKO again. Pointless fight imo. And they're not classic boxers, they're 2 guys hitting each other at will with little to no defense.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 20 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Rios will win. He shouldnt even be fighting this dude again. Ya the first fight was good but Rios should be looking to make bigger moves. A fight with Alvarado is a lateral move at best. But Top Rank dont have the roster. He has no choice but to fight the same dudes over again. He should be fighting Bradley. Rios is a bum. His chin wont hold up against the top contenders at 140. But he'll win this fight by KO.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 20 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I see this happening the same way. Alvarado will start outboxing Rios but it will be too tempting to revert back to his old ways because Rios is so easy to hit. Then he'll get KO'd

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 20 2013, 11:03 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

There's two possible outcomes with this rematch. Either the same fight, or Alverado brushes up on his skills and beats Rios, then we'll possibly have a trilogy.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 20 2013, 11:20 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

I voted Rios by TKO. Same as the first fight. There's maybe a 10% chance that Alverado could try to box, and win forcing a trilogy. However, 5% of that 10% just left town. hahahaha! Alverado and Rios and natural brawlers. Rios can't box (i.e Abril) and Alverado can't really either. (or won't.) This is reflective of so many of boxing's classic brawls of the past. Except neither of these guys has the experience or skill to compete with legendary brawlers. However, in today's world of boxing where classic wars and guys are not fighting as often as in the past, I am thrilled to see it again. But no trilogy unless we get some controversy, or a tactical Alverado win. The chances of this being another brawl are high and intense!

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 23 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

My prediction....very little defense...very many landed punches...bumps and bruises...damaged brain cells....and no where enough money for the amount of time that will be removed from each guys career. Both guys will have severe headaches afterwards. Lampley and merchant jr will shit their pants with excitement.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Mar 23 2013, 09:21 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 23 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

What I don't get,

I understand that critics of this rematch would like to see these guys move up in there careers. I can understand that I guess. But why was it OK for Gatti and Ward to fight each other three times, but for some its not OK for Rios and Alverado to fight twice? I think that the second Ward and Gatti fights are over-ratede by the media, but we are still getting two guys who want to give the fans another great show, are ready to go to war and thrill the fans again! Jake Lamotta and Sugar Ray Robinson fought six brutal fights in a relatively short time frame and no one talked about them fighting too much.

At the same time, boxing is much more safety conscious today than when Robinson and Lamotta fought. But the Ward-Gatti trilogy was not that long ago. It's hard to draw that comparison, fans loving the brawls of the past, wishing for more today, but there is the health concerns that people have today where brawls with tough, but B-grade level fighters lead to shorter careers.

Sometimes I think there is too much caution today, and I would like to go back in time to the classic boxing of the 40's-70's. However, back than, we didn't have all the medical evidence that is now available.

The thing with Rios and Alverado is that, I think they are made for each other to produce wars, BUT neither can box well, so if either of these guys move up to fight someone who can box and box well, they are likely to lose. The public today has a short memory, and when they lose to a boxer, Rios-Alverado I will gradually fade. Doing this rematch, gets boxers who are evenly matched, fighting each other, away from the politics and bullshit with too many bigger guys who don't fight each other. Too many fighters today don't fight in the championship unification matches, and don't fight often enough.

Let's just hope for another great fight, and at the same time, the proper rest and health consideration if either or both take too many shots.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 24 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Good stuff Jack

I'm not all that pumped for this one, maybe because it seemed to have come too soon. As a boxing fan, I have no reason to complain, because I'd be more pissed if both of these two were matched against bums...so I'll proudly stfu in those regards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The one thing that I'm not on board with, is the whole Gatti/Ward comparison...or the hopes of it being "the next" Gatti/Ward trilogy. I believe that the media and HBO should allow it to be whatever it becomes. I appreciated Pac/Morales, Pac/JMM, Morales/Barrera, Gatti/Ward, Marquez/Vasquez, Bowe/Holyfield, for what they were.

I believe that Alvarado/Rios has been plagued by media expectations..

I have Alvarado by a hard decision in this one. I believe that he'll be smarter this time around, and only engage in spurts, to preserve some type of excitement in the fight. Regardless of what the crowd expects, he will play it safe in this one...that way, he can secure a rubber match, even if it's not immediate.

Alvarado doesn't have much to look forward to, if he loses this one. Who's out there for him? Bradley? Marquez (maybe)? Rios on the other hand, can be promoted to a decent extent, and land bigger fights. So, Rios can get outboxed in this one (as we've seen before), and STILL have something to look forward to, unlike Mike.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 25 2013, 11:21 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 20 2013, 05:59 PM) *
Ríos by TKO again. Pointless fight imo. And they're not classic boxers, they're 2 guys hitting each other at will with little to no defense.

I did not think everyone would see things like me. Doubt rios will lose even if he gets outboxed. It seems to me arum is gonna juice this boy up to the media to be the new cesar chavez and milk it until the utters look like raisins. I just get the feeling he will fight alvarado win by Tko or robbery fight some light touches then eventually fight very aged pac and marquez to bump his resume and then the "everyone is ducking rios" saga will begin, which of course is not true its just that gbp owns about the whole welterweight/Jr welterweight division.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:36 PM