IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How dare these fighters challenge Fedor with their somewhat primitve skills..., They're just as good as dead.
Douchebag
post Nov 15 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #31

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (basicjab @ Nov 14 2009, 11:16 PM) *
MMA fighters have primitive boxing skills period. This guy and other MMA "strickers" gets KOed again and again because they don't move and come in straight like their retarded, stationary targets, what do they expect but get KTFO.

If boxers learned takedown defend they would eat the current MMA guys up for lunch.

This is a reality. A lot of those guys do not respect boxing enough. Point blank.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Nov 15 2009, 01:39 AM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 14 2009, 09:19 PM) *
There are 2 ways to deal with a fighter like that. Anderson chose to do neither. (Watch Sakuraba/Belfort, or Sakuraba/Royler Gracie if you want to know the answer.)

See, DUDE, they weren't flukes. That's where you are mother-fucking wrong, and that's how I know I'm dealing with a TUF noob here. You've never seen Silva/Takase. If you had, you'd KNOW that Anderson was never in that fucking fight. Not once. He got tooled from the word GO. OWNED. By a D fighter.

What you've done, my friend, is watched a few fights and suddenly you are an expert. You look on Sherdog's fight finder or a wiki page and see a loss and assume it MUST have been a fluke. It wasn't. It was a flat out OWNAGE. Period. End of story. An unavenged ownage to a D fighter.

Fedor has the better record, the better resume, a superior skill-set, and he'd MURDER Silva if they ever met in the ring. End of story.

Or, are you one of "those guys" who actually thinks "masters" like Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva could actually move up and beat an MMA god like Fedor?

Yeah right. And Nate Marquardt is an elite fighter too, I bet, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Fedor has the better skill set? are you f*Cking kidding me have you seen that fat f*ck throw a f*cking punch.

Ok now i know you gotta be the biggest Fedor nuthugger around thats why theres no need to further discuss this with you.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 15 2009, 01:50 AM
Post #33

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 15 2009, 01:39 AM) *
Fedor has the better skill set? are you f*Cking kidding me have you seen that fat f*ck throw a f*cking punch.

Yeah, I have. And I've seen him KO whatever UFC trash has dared yet man up to him.

Ok now i know you gotta be the biggest Fedor nuthugger around thats why theres no need to further discuss this with you.

Fine with me. I could toss the same insult back to you, simply exchaning Fedeor's name with Silva's. But I won't. I gave up on an intelligent conversation around here the minute Nate Marquardt somehow became an ELITE fighter.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Nov 15 2009, 02:17 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 15 2009, 01:50 AM) *
Yeah, I have. And I've seen him KO whatever UFC trash has dared yet man up to him.

Fine with me. I could toss the same insult back to you, simply exchaning Fedeor's name with Silva's. But I won't. I gave up on an intelligent conversation around here the minute Nate Marquardt somehow became an ELITE fighter.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 15 2009, 08:59 AM
Post #35

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 15 2009, 03:17 AM) *

My thoughts exactly.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Nov 15 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #36

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

Seriously, a boxer is going to need to have more than just take down defence to be successful in the octagon. Thigh kicks sapping your movement, defence, and power generation, defending against greco roman dirty boxing against the cage, defence against knee's and elbows in the clinch. I think a common mistake average viewers make is to watch guys like rampage jackson and lidell and use that as the basis for their argument. Sure, when you watch these two guys fight, they are predominantly just punching and defending the take down, but the fact is it is their other skillsets that allow them to do what they do. It is the fact that they can deal with the kicks, knees, elbows, cage grappling etc that allow them to fight how they choose. You take a boxer with just takedown defence and put them in their, 9 times out of ten they are going to have a real bad time

+Quote Post
basicjab
post Nov 16 2009, 02:51 AM
Post #37

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 631

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Nov 16 2009, 03:46 AM) *
Seriously, a boxer is going to need to have more than just take down defence to be successful in the octagon. Thigh kicks sapping your movement, defence, and power generation, defending against greco roman dirty boxing against the cage, defence against knee's and elbows in the clinch. I think a common mistake average viewers make is to watch guys like rampage jackson and lidell and use that as the basis for their argument. Sure, when you watch these two guys fight, they are predominantly just punching and defending the take down, but the fact is it is their other skillsets that allow them to do what they do. It is the fact that they can deal with the kicks, knees, elbows, cage grappling etc that allow them to fight how they choose. You take a boxer with just takedown defence and put them in their, 9 times out of ten they are going to have a real bad time

Sure, you need to learn other things, but these can be learned and not as important as boxing. There are kicks, wrestling, and you have to know how to deal with these and it will take time for a boxer. But when it comes down to the most important and effective part of MMA, boxing is it, most MMA now a days is standup, the jab, hand speed, the movement, boxing skills is the most important part of MMA and very few MMA fighers can hold a candle in this area

But you are right, some things a boxer can not do because of the different rules of MMA, but once a boxer learns to adjust to MMA they will just take these guys apart. You take these MMA guys and give them as long as they need to learn boxing they will still get the ass kicked in a boxing match, it just takes much more to be a good boxer than to be a good MMA fighter. I can't stand Floyd Mayweather, but I do agree with him that boxing is at a higher level than MMA.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Nov 16 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #38

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

Rubbish, sorry

Just like any other skill, it takes a long time to become world class at anything. You saying that it is harder for an MMA fighter to become world class at boxing, yet somehow think becoming world class at BJJ, wrestling, Muay Tai is something that a boxer will pick up overnight? When a boxer has to learn about 3 or 4 extra tool kits to his game, when an MMA fighter converting to boxing just has to focus on the one

Look, i agree that few MMA fighters would transition to the elite of boxing, although there are a few who could. However, you havent given enough repsect to the other skillsets. Most boxers would struggle in MMA

What can i say. Boxing is so limited in the variety of tactics in comparison to what is available in MMA, its like comparing checkers to chess. There are so many more combinations of strategies and techniques in MMA

Give floyd a year to learn MMA, hey give him 2 or 3, he will still get his ass handed to him by your fabers and your mike browns. He will get violated brutally

+Quote Post
basicjab
post Nov 16 2009, 03:07 AM
Post #39

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Nov 16 2009, 03:46 AM) *

Can you imagine Brock Lesner trying to do what he did in boxing what he did in MMA? It would end up as a joke, even in this sad heavyweight division Brock would get toyed with and KTFO out by any real contender. I would imagine the cruisers and lightheavies could do the same to Brock

+Quote Post
basicjab
post Nov 16 2009, 03:13 AM
Post #40

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Nov 16 2009, 09:03 AM) *
Rubbish, sorry

Just like any other skill, it takes a long time to become world class at anything. You saying that it is harder for an MMA fighter to become world class at boxing, yet somehow think becoming world class at BJJ, wrestling, Muay Tai is something that a boxer will pick up overnight? When a boxer has to learn about 3 or 4 extra tool kits to his game, when an MMA fighter converting to boxing just has to focus on the one

Look, i agree that few MMA fighters would transition to the elite of boxing, although there are a few who could. However, you havent given enough repsect to the other skillsets. Most boxers would struggle in MMA

What can i say. Boxing is so limited in the variety of tactics in comparison to what is available in MMA, its like comparing checkers to chess. There are so many more combinations of strategies and techniques in MMA

Give floyd a year to learn MMA, hey give him 2 or 3, he will still get his ass handed to him by your fabers and your mike browns. He will get violated brutally

I have actually done a bit of both and have to agree with you I like the dynamics of MMA better than boxing, however the level is totally different, MMA is still quite young. I have to disagree withyou, give floyd a year and he will make faber and brown look like absolute fools, the talent level is in another stratosphere.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:09 PM