Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MOSLEY VS MATTHYSE
sduck
post May 26 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

I would like to see this. I think Mosley still has something left in him to give Matthysse a hell of a fight. I think Matthysse would definitely come on top, but it'd be a good fight definitely.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 27 2013, 09:48 AM
Post #22

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (sduck @ May 26 2013, 05:50 PM) *
I would like to see this. I think Mosley still has something left in him to give Matthysse a hell of a fight. I think Matthysse would definitely come on top, but it'd be a good fight definitely.

Yes.. me too. After watching Matthyse fight cautiously against Zab (my mind is weaker than Mosley's) Judah... I have no doubt Shane could give this guy hell. It would be a great fight if Matthyse came to bang. It would answer all the 147 questions.

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 27 2013, 09:48 AM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 27 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 25 2013, 10:10 PM) *
Ingenius marketing strategy and match up idea for Matthysse neophyte. A KO win over a legend with a iron bar chin would push him at the near top at 147. I think his power still carries as he weighs more than the likes of Floyd on fight night. Mosley loves to bang, Lucas kills guys who loves to bang, and I say why not? Goldenboy would be wise to set this up when/if Lucas moves up to welter. If Lucas KO's Mosley he would scare the welters even more than now.

Then the Floyd faithful will ask, well why doesnt Floyd get any credit for dominating Mosley? Personally, I did give him credit for that win. It was a solid win.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 27 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #24

Welterweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 27 2013, 05:20 PM) *
Then the Floyd faithful will ask, well why doesnt Floyd get any credit for dominating Mosley? Personally, I did give him credit for that win. It was a solid win.

Of course it was. Shane vaquished Margarito and loads of people were saying he was a threat to rock the world of mayweather--Shane put a hurting on Margarito and for that earns my eternal respect. He was tremendous that night. He bombed Margarito the hell out of there!!! That is what can happen is Shane is able to touch you repeatedly with power shots...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 27 2013, 04:40 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 27 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #25

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 27 2013, 05:20 PM) *

Lmao! Floyd is and will always be hold to a sacred and too high of an expectation than other boxers. The man is simply too good to be held on average levels of what to expect with current fighters. Fuck the Floyd faithfuls they are part of what's wrong with boxing, and I gave Floyd tons of credit for beating Shane like that. It was one of the best wins in Floyd's career and I actually thought Shane was going to KO him because of his speed and power. Shane came off the best win of his career in utterly destroying The Tijuana Tornado who is known for having a cement chin, stopping Sergio Martinez, and never being KO'd.

That was the night Floyd shut all his critics, but of course Floyd is held to a specific level so no matter who he beats there will always be an excuse.

I hope this match up happens early next year if Lucas beats Danny.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 28 2013, 12:28 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

So you guys would rather watch this fight if Lucas goes to welter when he can fight maidana?? There are bigger fish to fry is what I'm saying. I don't think Mosley has enough left for a strong dude like Lucas, he can probably do better against a guy like RG.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 28 2013, 10:01 AM
Post #27

Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 28 2013, 01:28 AM) *
So you guys would rather watch this fight if Lucas goes to welter when he can fight maidana?? There are bigger fish to fry is what I'm saying. I don't think Mosley has enough left for a strong dude like Lucas, he can probably do better against a guy like RG.

Well, it would be interesting. People are calling for Shane to hang em up so why not put him in there with this guy who now people feel is a real killer... If Matthyse is what people say he is Mosley will be vanquished. I myself don't think matthyse can get Mosley out of there. Lamont Peterson looked like an emaciated crackhead and he has taken punishment over his career.. I am not putting to much stock into that destruction. He did not do that to Judah who a lot of people felt could not even handle Peterson in a match. Some believe Matthyse's power will carry up to welter weight--- this fight makes sense to me. But sure Mosely could fight Guererro, Berto, Ortiz...

Mattyse did not blitz Judah because of Judah's power and he outweighed Judah by about 10 pounds. I bet Matthyse would think twice before trying to run up in Mosley too because of that power. If Mosley lowered the boom on Matthyse like he did Mayweather It would be interesting to see if Matthyse could hang on or get KTFO...

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 28 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #28

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 25 2013, 10:09 AM) *
If Matthyse eradicates Mosley in quick fashion--- a mayweather fight is there

Mosely can still crack and I would like his chances in this fight. Let's see if Matthyse can steam roll Mosely like he did to Peterson

I highly doubt it, SSM isn't the ticket to getting a fight with Floyd, he has to beat a JMM/TB or Alexander type at WW before getting a shot against Floyd.

Forget Shane, despite his win he is still old news.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 28 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i'd much rather see mosley fight maidana.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 28 2013, 02:04 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 28 2013, 01:50 PM) *
i'd much rather see mosley fight maidana.

I think he would have more success in a fight like this. Maidana is a much wider punchers

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 03:51 AM