IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT)-Donaire vs. Rigondeaux-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
Jack 1000
post Apr 13 2013, 11:47 AM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

For all discussion of tonight's fight! This should be good for however long or short it lasts. I have Donaire winning by TKO in 8 but having to get off of the canvas to win! The Pom-Poms at HBO will be favored for him no doubt. However, I don't think this will get to the cards where that will matter.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Am going to sleep now so I'll be awake for it haha

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

*inhales*

*exhales*

Ahhhh!!! The feeling of a fresh round-by-round thread always does the trick!

As I always say, I'll be a man and stick with my prediction of Donaire by TKO, maybe by the 5th, but no later than the 7th. As much as I don't wanna moonlight over those hard moments that Rigondeaux had in the Marroquin fight, it's just hard to look past it.

Donaire is quicker and more athletic than Marroquin, and he know's how much a loss to Rigondeaux would hurt his career, so his urgency to follow up and finish Rigo has heightened. Marroquin wanted to try and finish Rigo, but he knew that he still had a chance to get countered. He allowed Rigo to survive, recover, and finish the fight.

NOW, that pressure of Donaire losing to an Olympian with a handful of fights, may urge him to jump the gun and get reckless, and we all know how that turns out if the mistake is big enough.

Rigo is just a cool ass dude, and it's hard to know what he's thinking in there. He's very patient in there, but sometimes he waits too long. Has that ever affected him? Nope. It's usually when he's backing up or resetting, that he gets caught with a good shot.

For some reason, I see Nonito reaching in his tool box, and using that flying left hook that he caught Vasquez Jr. with, when he got desperate and realized that he couldn't easily break Vasquez's defense.

We all know the massive nuthuggery that's gonna go on tonight, so I'll make sure Im good and drunk enough to ignore the announcer's table, but sober enough to crack some good jokes, if need be.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 13 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

This may be my first super fight! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm probably not gonna be able to sleep after this one. I noticed how i get emotional after some fights, like after Marquez knocked out Pacquiao i could just feel the world tilt on its axis. There was a different feeling in the air.

Imma stay with Rigondeaux. I think it will be a body shot that finally takes Nonito out after he gets downed once or twice by a good Rigo counter. The second half of the fight when Nonito is known to gas out is when Rigondeaux will impose his will and completely break Nonito. If he survives that long. Body shot KO 8th-9th round.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Apr 13 2013, 02:02 PM

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Apr 13 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

Keep me posted on the results y'all.... I'm gonna be at work tonight so I have to watch the replay. I'd love to see Donaire fall though....

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2013, 02:47 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Yo T, just keep checkin' in, you're due for some big laughs and some round-by-round action! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

So Jovi's predicting a body shot win for Rigo?! That's something else that I'll keep my eye on during the fight. I wonder if Professor's gonna be joining us tonight. Hmmm...

Anyhow, guys, if this goes to the cards, don't expect Rigondeaux to win. A robbery is necessary, when it comes to Arum. Let's just think about his pockets and see what's makes more sense...allowing a relatively unknown and dangerous guy with 12 fights, beat your big ticket fighter, or allow your big ticket fighter to "win", kick some more ass, and keep the rematch in the holster for later?

Think about it guys, Arum doesn't have a hand full of big fights left, but I guarantee, he'll play the hell outta the hand that he does have. If this fight has some exciting and shocking rounds, but goes to the cards, then best believe, Arum will be sure of rematch...on HIS terms.

Anybody other than Jack, believes that Donaire will touch the canvas tonight? I dont fully agree, but anything can happen, and that will give me yet another thing to look for in the fight.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Apr 13 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

I like Donaire by TKO. But honestly, I don't really care, I'm just excited about the boxing schedule for the next couple months. One of the most rewarding things for me after a hard week's work is a good fight coming on Saturday night.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 13 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Yo T, just keep checkin' in, you're due for some big laughs and some round-by-round action! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

So Jovi's predicting a body shot win for Rigo?! That's something else that I'll keep my eye on during the fight. I wonder if Professor's gonna be joining us tonight. Hmmm...

Anyhow, guys, if this goes to the cards, don't expect Rigondeaux to win. A robbery is necessary, when it comes to Arum. Let's just think about his pockets and see what's makes more sense...allowing a relatively unknown and dangerous guy with 12 fights, beat your big ticket fighter, or allow your big ticket fighter to "win", kick some more ass, and keep the rematch in the holster for later?

Think about it guys, Arum doesn't have a hand full of big fights left, but I guarantee, he'll play the hell outta the hand that he does have. If this fight has some exciting and shocking rounds, but goes to the cards, then best believe, Arum will be sure of rematch...on HIS terms.

Anybody other than Jack, believes that Donaire will touch the canvas tonight? I dont fully agree, but anything can happen, and that will give me yet another thing to look for in the fight.

I agree about the Arum situation. HBO now HAS to pom-pom him and his fighters, because they can't afford to lose him.

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

I still think something will go wrong and this fight won't happen

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 13 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #10

The Consultant

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 13 2013, 03:38 PM) *
I still think something will go wrong and this fight won't happen

Wow! Controversy so close fight time causing cancellation? Have to say though, it wouldn't be the first time. What do you think will go wrong, Mgrover?

Jack

+Quote Post

28 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 01:11 AM