rigondeaux/mares

floyd/canelo

garcia/matthysse or garcia/peterson

broner/gamboa

russell/donaire

quillen/ggg

hopkins/cleverly
ward/chavez

I've seen some stuff from Cleverly on youtube. What do you think of him. he's been getting some buzz lately. Almost reminds me of Calzaghe. he throws in bunches.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 6 2013, 03:26 AM
Post #12

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 5 2013, 06:39 PM) *
Here are my top ten. I don't think these will happen, but they sure would be fun to watch.

1. Floyd vs Golovkin - I would have Martinez in this spot but he's injured. I'd like to see Floyd win a MW title, and Golovkin has the power to keep us o the edge of our seats.

2. Ward vs Hopkins - I'd love to see Ward head to 175 to challenge for Hopkins' title in what would be pure enjoyment for boxing purists.

3. Canelo vs Cotto - This would be a great war and the perfect PPV fight for Canelo before a Cinco de Mayo fight in 2014 vs Floyd.

4. Broner vs Danny Garcia - The build up to this fight would be great as Garcia moves up to challenge for Broner's WW title. Imagine the trash talk between Broner and Angel Garcia! The fight itself would be quite the battle as well.

5. Malignaggi vs Judah - Let this one sell out in Brooklyn in what would be sure to be a battle of mouths and speed for bragging rights in NYC.

6. Wilder vs Fury - I'd like to see how Tyson Fury could stand up to Wilder's knockout power in a perfect follow up heavyweight fight on NBC.

7. Rios vs Ortiz - It's a shame this fight couldn't be made. The hatred between these guys in real, and it would promise to be a brawl for the ages.

8. Gamboa vs Mikey Garcia - This would be a great battle to test speed vs technique.

9. Donaire vs Darchinyan II - The first fight was great action. Could Vic avenge this defeat in a rematch he's wanted for years, or would Donaire get back in the win column?

10. Toney vs Botha - In a battle of has-been great fighters, could the Buffalo rise as again, as is often predicted on these boards, or would Toney position himself for another paycheck?

Hahaha, people want to see Floyd lose so bad, you guys make it too obvious.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 6 2013, 11:40 AM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

my list would be this:

gamboa vs garcia

abner mares vs garry russel jr

chavez jr vs ward

ward vs froch kessler 2 winner

hopkins vs cleverly

canelo vs ggg vs martinez (pick any combo u like)

ortiz vs winner of maidana/lopez (give this faggot a chance to back up his mouth and avenge his losses)

Guererro vs thurman

khan vs brook in UK

garcia vs broner at welter

pacquiao vs winner of marquez bradley

klitschko vs povetkin

+Quote Post
happygocampy
post May 6 2013, 12:02 PM
Post #14

Strawweight

Member No.: 4,569

QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 5 2013, 04:39 PM) *
Here are my top ten. I don't think these will happen, but they sure would be fun to watch.

1. Floyd vs Golovkin - I would have Martinez in this spot but he's injured. I'd like to see Floyd win a MW title, and Golovkin has the power to keep us o the edge of our seats.

2. Ward vs Hopkins - I'd love to see Ward head to 175 to challenge for Hopkins' title in what would be pure enjoyment for boxing purists.

3. Canelo vs Cotto - This would be a great war and the perfect PPV fight for Canelo before a Cinco de Mayo fight in 2014 vs Floyd.

4. Broner vs Danny Garcia - The build up to this fight would be great as Garcia moves up to challenge for Broner's WW title. Imagine the trash talk between Broner and Angel Garcia! The fight itself would be quite the battle as well.

5. Malignaggi vs Judah - Let this one sell out in Brooklyn in what would be sure to be a battle of mouths and speed for bragging rights in NYC.

6. Wilder vs Fury - I'd like to see how Tyson Fury could stand up to Wilder's knockout power in a perfect follow up heavyweight fight on NBC.

7. Rios vs Ortiz - It's a shame this fight couldn't be made. The hatred between these guys in real, and it would promise to be a brawl for the ages.

8. Gamboa vs Mikey Garcia - This would be a great battle to test speed vs technique.

9. Donaire vs Darchinyan II - The first fight was great action. Could Vic avenge this defeat in a rematch he's wanted for years, or would Donaire get back in the win column?

10. Toney vs Botha - In a battle of has-been great fighters, could the Buffalo rise as again, as is often predicted on these boards, or would Toney position himself for another paycheck?

Funny, Ward - Hopkins is the only one i'd be excited on, so i'd bump Toney - Botha to #2 and end the list there, thats how exciting Boxing is atm to me, lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 6 2013, 12:15 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

khan vs bradley

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 6 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 6 2013, 12:36 AM) *
Ooooohhh, I'd like to see Hopkins take on the Kessler/Froch winner. i saw an interview the other day with Hopkins. he alluded to just wanting BIG events from here on out after he takes care of his mandatory coming up. i think the Kessler/Froch winner would be a big event.

That would be an awesome event. Especially if he fights froch, Carl would make it a point to try to one up cal.

But the biggest fight i would like to see but probably won't happen is probably the mares Garcia/gamboa ones.

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post May 6 2013, 03:10 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

QUOTE (sduck @ May 6 2013, 03:26 AM) *
Hahaha, people want to see Floyd lose so bad, you guys make it too obvious.

That's not it at all. Floyd has actually grown on me the last couple years to the point where I'd love to see him go undefeated if he fights the best. I think a MW title would add alot to his legacy.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 6 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Plah @ May 5 2013, 05:37 PM) *
Floyd/GGG destroyed the whole thread.

+1

My list:

Floyd vs. Kirkland/Alvarez

Charlo twins vs. Canelo/Lara

Russel Jr. vs. Mikey Garcia

Rigondeaux vs. Mares

Broner vs. Keith Thurman/ Danny Garcia

Marcos Madiana vs. Matthysee

Andre Ward vs.Chavez Jr./GGG

Martinez vs. GGG/Pirog

Chris John vs. Takashi Uchiyama (catch weight). This match would be BIG!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 6 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Plah @ May 5 2013, 05:37 PM) *
Floyd/GGG destroyed the whole thread.

+1

My list:

Floyd vs. Kirkland/Alvarez

Charlo twins vs. Canelo/Lara

Russel Jr. vs. Mikey Garcia

Rigondeaux vs. Mares

Broner vs. Keith Thurman/ Danny Garcia

Marcos Madiana vs. Matthysee

Andre Ward vs.Chavez Jr./GGG

Martinez vs. GGG/Pirog

Chris John vs. Takashi Uchiyama (catch weight). This match would be BIG!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 6 2013, 03:32 AM) *
I've seen some stuff from Cleverly on youtube. What do you think of him. he's been getting some buzz lately. Almost reminds me of Calzaghe. he throws in bunches.

i like him. very aggressive and seems to be a decent puncher. he looks big as well. a young hopkins would have his way with a guy like cleverly. he's a test for the current hopkins. since bhop won't face ward...this looks like another legacy building fight for bhop. if bhop can unify at 175, that would be amazing.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 12:51 PM