IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT)-Donaire vs. Rigondeaux-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
Jack 1000
post Apr 14 2013, 02:30 AM
Post #211

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 13 2013, 11:17 PM) *
SCORING WAS FUCKING HORRIBLE!!!!! 114-113!!!!!! WHAT????

OMG I think Arum tried to bribe that judge!!! Who are the stupid fucks that had this a close fight!? I only gave Donaire ONE round, the 10-8 knockdown round. I'll bet that moron Brian Kenney had it close. I say moron, because he was the dolt that had Bradley winning over Pacquiao 116-112!!!! When people turn in scorecards so wrong like that they should lose any jobs associated with boxing. What did Donaire do to deserve any more than two rounds in this fight? FUCK ARUM!!!!

Jack

PS. Brian Kenny works for Top Rank as a writer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 14 2013, 07:11 AM
Post #212

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2013, 08:40 PM) *
Dolimite wants literary justice, and we dont give a fuuuuuuck!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Good times!

welcome to a typcial drunken Sat night Doli!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif) Yawl are crazy. damn it I do want literary justice! I was accused of a wrong doing! Still great fight! Even though yawl can't read for shit.

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Apr 13 2013, 08:42 PM) *
Now I can collect my $800 bet from my female friend. She was confident that Donaire was going to K.O. Rigo in the later rounds. I told her this is a man that knows the fundamentals of boxing. Hit and don't get hit. Body work early reward with headshots. Rigo is a defense first counter puncher. Donaire is the aggressive one which played into Rigo's strength. Donaire could have won by using his reach and jab to the body then set up left hook to the top. He got too easily frustrated and had no other game plan. Great dominant "boxing" performance by Rigo.

You honestly think she is going to give you 800 bones? Ask Chitown what happen when he tried to collect money from his lady. Do not suffer the same fate.
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2013, 08:47 PM) *
I believe that Arum will have Rigo's last fight scheduled on the last day of his contract, just to ruffle his feathers and push into signing an extension. No way he beats Arum's golden goose and gets off easy.

Hopefully Rig talks to Cotto and gets some sound advice. He wants bigger paydays and match ups he better check his options. He is 31 and has little time to play around. he just beat the so called king of the division so now it is up to him to really push his career. Arum doesn't like any fighter that is darker than Bert's (from Sesame Street) color. Plus how Marquez killed his Golden Goose notice there have been no plans for Marquez to date.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 13 2013, 08:50 PM) *
I had a ball tonight! Great meeting of the minds and skill beat talent tonight. Plus, my boy asked me to review some fights of a somewhat known Filipino up and comer because he may have a chance to train him and he wants my help. I'm AMPED! Finally some fuckin BOXING! Fuck that bar room bullshit. If I wanna see guys fight like theyre as buzzed as I am, I'll go knock on my neighbors door and snuff him.

Tell the New York boxing fans what they saw was a real boxing match. Those so called fans booed at Rigon's performance because he actually boxed and not stood there to get hit. Just like when Crawford was booed when he fought Prescott. People really think boxing is like a damn Rockey movie but it isn't. It is hit and do not get hit. Rig put on a clinic and it was a joy to watch.

Overall HBO surprised me with the even call. Though they did try to find excuses for Donaire they really could not defend him. Rig took all his advantages away by his defense and his hand speed was killer. Kellerman's interview with Donaire allowed Donaire to make excuse after excuse. He blamed his new baby and his shoulder but guess what? You are a pro. Mayweather fought his ass off against Cotto with a jail sentence looming no excuses bro none! Get the job done. I wonder if Conte's absence had anything to do with his performance? Naw Rig was just that good!

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Apr 14 2013, 07:11 AM

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Apr 14 2013, 08:25 AM
Post #213

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

This is why I love boxing. From a single punch, a single round in a single fight, one man can go from being top of the world...to being a just a great boxer...

As human beings, we tend to favor things disregarding reality at times. But in boxing, reality can never come as painful as any other sport.

Here's a list of boxers that were highly praised than to what they really were. Later EXPOSED hard by the Gods of Boxing.

-Pacquiao
-Khan
-Bute
-Chavez Jr.
-Paul Williams
-Rios
-Bradley (shouldn't really be in this list but..)
-Dawson
-Froch
-Maidana
-Ortiz
-Berto (x2)
-Mike Jones
-Viloria

aaaand as of last night...Donaire.

Soon to be added
-Canelo
-Broner
-Mares
-Golovkin

P.S. 80% of the fighters on this list are promoted by Top Rank. hmm.....

What do you guys think?

This post has been edited by pimpfighterROQ: Apr 14 2013, 08:27 AM

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 14 2013, 08:44 AM
Post #214

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Apr 14 2013, 09:25 AM) *
This is why I love boxing. From a single punch, a single round in a single fight, one man can go from being top of the world...to being a just a great boxer...

As human beings, we tend to favor things disregarding reality at times. But in boxing, reality can never come as painful as any other sport.

Here's a list of boxers that were highly praised than to what they really were. Later EXPOSED hard by the Gods of Boxing.

-Pacquiao
-Khan
-Bute
-Chavez Jr.
-Paul Williams
-Rios
-Bradley (shouldn't really be in this list but..)
-Dawson
-Froch
-Maidana
-Ortiz
-Berto (x2)
-Mike Jones
-Viloria

aaaand as of last night...Donaire.

Soon to be added
-Canelo
-Broner
-Mares
-Golovkin

P.S. 80% of the fighters on this list are promoted by Top Rank. hmm.....

What do you guys think?

IMO, this is what is wrong w/ boxing....the thinking that a loss somehow "exposes" a fighter as less than legit. While I know it's sacrilegious 'round these parts to say this, but this is one area I like in MMA, in that, a loss isn't a nail in the coffin for a fighter. Sure, there are some guys on this list that were/are network or writer hype jobs, but some of these, IMO, are legit guys who were beaten by better fighters (By "legit", I mean solid fighters). Stylistically, many of these guys struggle w/ boxers who utilize movement and stout defense, but then again, what fighter doesn't struggle against another fighter w/ that type of skill set? There are guys on the above list that I don't think should be there, but just my opinion.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 14 2013, 09:02 AM
Post #215

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 14 2013, 12:36 AM) *
The stuff these so called journalists of the sport were saying on twitter is ridiculous. Montoya was dickriding Donaire all fight

What? Gay....I mean, Gabe Montoya is dickriding a TR fighter? Say it ain't so.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Apr 14 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #216

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

With your logic Miguel Cotto should be on that list..... I think we throw around the word "exposed" WAY TOO LOOSELY..... "A" Loss does not signify a person is a fraud. sTYles make fights.... Some people are better suited for certain sTYles. While I do believe that some on this list have been exposed. Some have "just" loss or are even undefeated. Only time can tell homie.

This post has been edited by aTYpicalTYrant: Apr 14 2013, 10:14 AM

+Quote Post
emd01
post Apr 14 2013, 10:14 AM
Post #217

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 14 2013, 05:44 AM) *
IMO, this is what is wrong w/ boxing....the thinking that a loss somehow "exposes" a fighter as less than legit. While I know it's sacrilegious 'round these parts to say this, but this is one area I like in MMA, in that, a loss isn't a nail in the coffin for a fighter. Sure, there are some guys on this list that were/are network or writer hype jobs, but some of these, IMO, are legit guys who were beaten by better fighters (By "legit", I mean solid fighters). Stylistically, many of these guys struggle w/ boxers who utilize movement and stout defense, but then again, what fighter doesn't struggle against another fighter w/ that type of skill set? There are guys on the above list that I don't think should be there, but just my opinion.

I dont think he was insinuating that a loss means their careers are over. A lot of the guys on the list had losses before they were highly regarded. What he means by exposed, imo, is that these fighters were held in a light, a lot of them P4P ranked, and they werent as good from the beginning as everyone was lead to believe. P4P means if all fighters were the same exact size the guys at the top of the list would be considered unbeatable because of their styles and what we've seen with a few of these guys on the list is that theyre anything but unbeatable. Pacquiao had losses before being ranked as P4P #1, Donaire had a loss before being ranked #3 so this has nothing to do with losses meaning the end of careers imo.

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Apr 14 2013, 10:39 AM
Post #218

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

Yes, I do not mean that since these fighters lost that they are exposed. What I mean is that their losses came such a shock or a great upset because they were highly praised that they normally were.

Take Donaire for example. No doubt this kid is skilled and very talented. But he was being hyped up as "Fighter of the year", Top 5 in the pound for pound list. And if you've seen boxing websites picking Donaire to knockout Rigo. He was expected to blast thru Rigo as usual or how he is supposed to since he's a P4P fighter and Rigo is not. But I thought that this was a 50/50 fight. I knew Rigo could beat him but I thought Donaire would still win and did not expect such a shut out.

But everybody right now thinks this is such a huge upset. Where as it shouldn't have been since Rigo is very skilled and should've been a 50/50 fight in the first place.

Same with Pacquiao, he is expected to just destroy everyone he faces due to the mythical hype he built in the higher weight classes. But people forget the tough fights he had in the lower weight classes and just because he destroyed bigger men, he was hyped up to be the very best ever. So when JMM knocked him out cold, it came to such a shock that it happened even though he was knocked out before.

Thats what i mean by exposed. These are great fighters no doubt. But they're not unbeatable. Boxing is a clash of styles in the first place.

Skills>Hype.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2013, 01:34 PM
Post #219

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 14 2013, 12:50 AM) *
Finally some fuckin BOXING! Fuck that bar room bullshit. If I wanna see guys fight like theyre as buzzed as I am, I'll go knock on my neighbors door and snuff him.

Sounds like you should've been at Sduck's house...you'da had a good reason to snuff a few people! LOL (read below)

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 14 2013, 12:51 AM) *
At one point I had someone walk in front of the TV, knowing people watching the fight, talkin about, "who cares they aint no bodies".

I think Mares would put up a good fight for both actually. I don't think he'll beat either though.

Franchize would've taken care of that shit with no problem. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) (read above)

LOL

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #220

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

What can I say? You guys had me rollin' last night, and just to think, we're gonna chop it up like this for the next few weeks?! DANGER!!!

Anyhow, I'm about to watch the fight again, JUST to hear Nonito's excuses, because I didn't catch all of them last night. As for the fight, he looked like he had too much chili, and knew that if he threw another punch, he would've shit his pants...that just how stiff he looked. Smh

As for Rigondeaux, I was totally wrong. For starters, I didn't think the fight would go the distance and I didn't think Rigo would get the nod. Hell, if the other two judges were in the same frame of mind, then he probably would've lost.

People bragged on and on about Rigo's skills and so forth. I saw some of those skills when he fought guys who were afraid to engage, because they were aware of their chances to get countered. Anybody can look thorough under those circumstances.

In this fight, he needed to utilize those skills, and indeed he did. That's what impressed me the most, he used those skills when it really counted and also under these superfight circumstances.

Anyhow, great fight for RG...he needed it. Donaire got the short end of the "High risk, low reward" deal. Now that I think about it, who does Arum match Donaire up with, regardless of whether he won or lost? The better fights for Donaire, are at the hands of other promoters...rival promoters, if you would.

I think Arum matches Rigo with what he's always been matching him with (just to build him up more), then a Donaire rematch will be in the future...at the expense of an "Arum strongarm contract extension"...the extension where he schedules his fighters to fight AFTER their contract expiration date. You know how he does.

Let's see how many "Rigotards" (as I read on another board) are gonna emerge from the dirt like Thriller dancers now. Did anybody read Oscar De La Homo's tweet about Donaire after the fight? It read..."should have taken the 3 mil". As much of an assbag as Oscar can be, he is Captain Obvious, and can be funny about it at times.

Cant wait to chop it up with you guys next weekend, when Canelo experiences the same fate of Trout beating him from pillar to post. We may see that robbery next week though...sad reality, but we are talking boxing here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

PS: All Professor has to do and hit the scene and drop a big fat "I told you" and drop the mic. LOL

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:21 PM