AZWildCat
post Apr 27 2014, 10:46 AM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 26 2014, 03:09 PM) *
What aspects of it appeals to you?

1 belt per division (interim for injured fighters only)

One banner ..no cold war or network BS , so ain't no excuse. O. Why you can't fight somebody.

Fight of the night bonus ko bonus

Only problem I really got wit Dana program is the chicken scratch he gives em... I'd up that a few grand but not excessively.

And use bellators tournament format to earn your way up

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 27 2014, 05:16 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Apr 27 2014, 10:46 AM) *

One banner ..no cold war or network BS , so ain't no excuse. O. Why you can't fight somebody.

Only problem I really got wit Dana program is the chicken scratch he gives em... I'd up that a few grand but not excessively.

This

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 27 2014, 06:25 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Apr 27 2014, 10:46 AM) *

The one belt and fight of the night bonus stuff I'm feeling that. But the one banner, nah I would never support that's if it was ever something to make me stop training fighters and be involved with the sport it's that.

The issue I have with that is the same I have with the UFC, it's never a good thing to have one person or one body running something. Dana White is the perfect example of that. Why do fighters have to sign to the UFC to get a fight? For yrs us, the fans wanted a Fedor and Brock fight. We didn't get it because he wasn't under Dana's control. In reality Dana ain't no better then the promoters in boxing. When he feels the heat they buy the competition instead of upping their game, WEC was putting pressure on them, same goes for strike force

Instead of competing they bought them and the ones couldn't buy put on arguably equal or better fights then the UFC. Ex. Bellator. I can never get behind a one banner, that's too much control. Boxing isn't the NbA or NFL, that system won't work...and Dana does have a habit of low balling fighters win the money, he doesn't even support fighters having managers, I wonder why lol. It all goes back to control

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 27 2014, 06:26 PM

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Apr 27 2014, 11:55 PM
Post #14

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 27 2014, 04:25 PM) *
The one belt and fight of the night bonus stuff I'm feeling that. But the one banner, nah I would never support that's if it was ever something to make me stop training fighters and be involved with the sport it's that.

The issue I have with that is the same I have with the UFC, it's never a good thing to have one person or one body running something. Dana White is the perfect example of that. Why do fighters have to sign to the UFC to get a fight? For yrs us, the fans wanted a Fedor and Brock fight. We didn't get it because he wasn't under Dana's control. In reality Dana ain't no better then the promoters in boxing. When he feels the heat they buy the competition instead of upping their game, WEC was putting pressure on them, same goes for strike force

Instead of competing they bought them and the ones couldn't buy put on arguably equal or better fights then the UFC. Ex. Bellator. I can never get behind a one banner, that's too much control. Boxing isn't the NbA or NFL, that system won't work...and Dana does have a habit of low balling fighters win the money, he doesn't even support fighters having managers, I wonder why lol. It all goes back to control

I feel you but we don't ever hear about Jerry saying he nit gonna let the boys play against the redskins or Cuban say he won't let maverick's play the clippers because the owners a jackass or greedy senile pig. Ufc worked wit pride a few times shit just became a company/promotional war.....but look at all the fights we getting from those buyouts now!

Stern runs shit
Selig runs shit(shoot me I don't mess wit baseball no more)
Goodell runs shit
Wit teams owners/promotional companies under that bigger banner

Someone gotta be the one to say cut the shit!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 28 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Apr 26 2014, 04:16 PM) *
1. Flyweight: (112 lbs)
WBA/WBC Champ: Estrada
IBF/WBO Champ: Roman

2. Bantamweight: (118 lbs)
WBA/WBC Champ: Moreno
IBF/WBO Champ: Kameda

3. Featherweight: (126 lbs)
WBA/WBC Champ: Rigo, #1 Santa Cruz, #2 Grado
IBF/WBO Champ: Frampton, #1 Quigg, #2 Kiko

4. Lightweight: (135 lbs)
WBA/WBC Champ: Mikey, #1 Figueroa, #2 Russell
IBF/WBO Champ: Broner, #1 Crawford, #2 Mares

5. Welterweight: (147 lbs)
WBA/WBC Champ: Mayweather, #1 Thurman, #2 JMM
IBF/WBO Champ: Pac, #1 Porter, #2 Maidana

6. Middleweight: (160 lbs)
WBA/WBC Champ: Lara, #1 Canelo, #2 Quillin
IBF/WBO Champ: Sergio, #1 GGG, #2 Cotto

7. Light Heavyweight: (175 lbs)
WBA/WBC Champ: Adonis, #1 Kovalev, #2 JCCJr
IBF/WBO Champ: Ward, #1 Hopkins, #2 Pascal

8. Heavyweight: (unlimited)
WBA/WBC Champ: Wlad, #1 Fury, #2 Chisora
IBF/WBO Champ: Wilder, #1 Stiverne, #2 Arreola

Man...some of these fighters would be fucked, if these 8 weight classes were in place. Lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 28 2014, 12:05 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 26 2014, 08:09 PM) *
See I'd rather the divisions stay the way they are. They introduce same day weigh ins, and have only one champ. Also I was thinking of having an official fighthype weight ranking, like the ring do

Well make it happen then, Mr. big bad moderator

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 28 2014, 02:05 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2014, 06:05 AM) *
Well make it happen then, Mr. big bad moderator

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Not quite sure how tbh, we could do have a pot of names and poll for top three, but we can only have one poll per topic so it could get messy

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 28 2014, 02:50 AM
Post #18

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

WBC President Mauricio Suliman wants to meet with the WBA, WBO, and IBF to work toward better goals for unification fights. He seems more open to suggestions than Jose was,

The problem really is more than what people realize. Fighters and promoters are too aligned with one network, for example Showtime with Al Haymon and Golden Boy and HBO with Top Rank. You not only have to have a consolidation of championship federations, you also have to break the promotional monopoly within the networks. The promoter and the fighter would have to go fight to fight and network to network to get the best deals and the most competitive fight. This is what Mauricio released yesterday, (Credit Fightnews.):

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-explai...on-bouts-243773

This idea was proposed in May of 1998 under similar circumstances, nothing came to pass at that time.

What about the dehydration problem with the eight traditional weight classes? What what jump do you think represents the biggest challenge for today's fighters? Would it be right for Jr World Champions to give up their belts? No right or wrong answers here, just throwing out ideas.

Jack

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 28 2014, 09:15 AM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Apr 27 2014, 11:55 PM) *
I feel you but we don't ever hear about Jerry saying he nit gonna let the boys play against the redskins or Cuban say he won't let maverick's play the clippers because the owners a jackass or greedy senile pig. Ufc worked wit pride a few times shit just became a company/promotional war.....but look at all the fights we getting from those buyouts now!

Stern runs shit
Selig runs shit(shoot me I don't mess wit baseball no more)
Goodell runs shit
Wit teams owners/promotional companies under that bigger banner

Someone gotta be the one to say cut the shit!

I agree, I think what it's coming to now, in terms of the sport of boxing is that it's going to get to a point where it's all the way broken down and then it's going to get built back up. I see alot of things on the up and up now and that's a good sign. But it is unfortunate that the hottest companies in boxing don't want to make fights with eachother. Think about how many legendary nights we've missed and are missing because of this

But I still couldn't support the one banner just because of the control. The NBA, NFL, NHL models don't work for everybody. We've seen some shaky choices made by those commisioners. None of the players agreed when they had to wear a dress code in the NBA, we all know this was because of aI. The league didn't want to come off as too black or hip-hop but anybody with sense knows that's what the league has been. I worked for the Bears for yrs and many of the players have issues with the way things are run from Goodell. I likle Goodell though lol, but now they say he's making the league soft. As far as Dana, he wields his power with an iron fist. It's obvious why he's not supporting a growing movement in MMA which is the fighters forming a union. He doesn't want fighters getting that sponsorshio money either

Why do they need a UFC uniform? That's corny. Now you want them to wear uniforms and they'll have spots so the fighters' sponsors can appear on them but it'll be a majority UFC logogs. He's cutting them guys legs from under them. I can respect the one league/one banner thought but boxing is so old and that just wouldn't fly in the sport. I don't even know if the fighters would get on board with that. But like you said, the mess that's being made has to be cleaned up. I think it's not us as fans to do so too because we're a key component of the sport

I always say, if you want results from anything or anybody, hit em where it hurts..the wallet

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Apr 29 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

lol at lara the middleweight champ

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 12:36 PM