IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Garcia-Matthysse possible for 9/14 undercard, What would be a good undercard to support the main event for 9/14?
xxxxxx
post Jul 4 2013, 12:23 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

Great news if it were to happen & agree with previous posts that it would be perfect to build up Mayweather's next opponent. Mayweather could jump back down and defend Welterweight Chmapionship while also keeping Jr. Middleweight Championship. I'm still unsure if we will get Mayweather-Alvarez II but that's always a possibility. This could get interesting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 4 2013, 01:09 AM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Maybe this is what Schaefer has or had up his sleeve. Hopefully it happens, all I know is they need to stack the card with some good fights and this would definitely be one of them

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jul 4 2013, 02:21 AM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 3 2013, 08:12 PM) *
Either they put that fight on the undercard to build/expose Floyds next potential opponent in Garcia or Matthysse. OR they put Broner-Maidana to gain views and expose Broner. I have a feeling its Broner-Maidana. Or Maybe the winner of the Berto-Soto karas fight will fight another notable opponent on that undercard.

Call me crazy, but now, I don't think putting Broner on a Mayweather undercard is a good move, especially if Broner's not willing to fight him. I think AB is doing well enough building up his own brand, and putting him on a card with a guy he can't seem to shake being compared to, probably won't do him any favors. I mean the guy probably appreciates being compared to the best fighter of our generation now, but sooner or later (if it doesen't already) it'll get annoying.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 4 2013, 04:37 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 4 2013, 01:23 AM) *
Great news if it were to happen & agree with previous posts that it would be perfect to build up Mayweather's next opponent. Mayweather could jump back down and defend Welterweight Chmapionship while also keeping Jr. Middleweight Championship. I'm still unsure if we will get Mayweather-Alvarez II but that's always a possibility. This could get interesting.

Good post

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jul 5 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 4 2013, 04:37 AM) *
Good post

Thanks Checkleft.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 8 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i saw a post on fb that said the fight was going to be on the undercard of floyd/canelo. is that not true?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 8 2013, 03:18 PM
Post #17

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 8 2013, 11:05 AM) *
i saw a post on fb that said the fight was going to be on the undercard of floyd/canelo. is that not true?

if you go to the front page, the guy that does observe and fight has said nothing has been signed, so no. All rumors thus so far.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 8 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 8 2013, 04:18 PM) *
if you go to the front page, the guy that does observe and fight has said nothing has been signed, so no. All rumors thus so far.

shit.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 9 2013, 10:57 AM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I predict Danny acting up about money in this one. Let's face it, Floyd is gonna eat up $40M, not sure how much Canelo will get...and that leaves everybody else with??? I think GBP will continue to keep Danny on the east coast, and keep Quillen, Paulie, and Jacobs on the same card.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 9 2013, 11:01 AM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think it's an excellent undercard because someone is going to get exposed. No sense building up the anticipation of a great fight lol. I think either Danny is going to get his chin checked or Matthysse's going to get his face boxed off. Either way, I don't see it being a compelling fight.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:57 AM