IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT):Rios/Alverado-Donaire/Nishioka-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of UFC Card
Jack 1000
post Oct 13 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

For all the on-going and post-fight reaction to tonight's exciting HBO double-header! Keep everything in this thread!

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2012, 01:59 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/nonito_scale.jpg) (IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/noshioka_scale.jpg) (IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/alvarado_scale.jpg) (IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/rios_scale.jpg)
Photos courtesy of BoxingScene

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Donaire/Nishioka:
This will be another fight where Donaire just gets by, especially if he cant get that KO that he's looking for. Either that, or has a hard time staying away from Nishioka's jab, and fades because his opponent remains poised...you know how Donaire does it.

It's weird, because as of late, it seems like Donaire hasn't been all that motivated, but hell, it seems like either he or Arum are avoiding top fighters, so Im not sure where he stands.

I saw the Nishioka/R. Marquez fight, and I must say, Nishioka is a slick little dude. He knows how to punch and cover up quickly, almost puts me in the mind of Manny. That straight left of his may serve problem for Donaire tonight, if he has trouble countering it with a hook. Im not sure who will be the bigger man and so forth, but Nonito may be in for a soup surprise.

Hopefully Nishioka doesn't go in there and try to feel Doanire's power. Extreme confidence, composure, a stiff jab, and sticking to the game plan will serve Nishioka well tonight. I see this being one of those "oh shit" moments that we all had in the first Lopez/Salido fight...Bob may have the same shock tonight. Call me crazy, but I have Nishioka taking this one...

PS: One thing Im not ready to see or hear, is Donaire doing that stupid jumping jab shit that he does, when he jumps in circles around his opponents and lead this stupid soft punch that he does. Lampley loses his shit when Donaire, Pacquiao, and Martinez does, then praises it as "excellent footwork". Smh

Alvarado/Rios:
This will be a phone booth fight, and I see Alvarado putting Rios in his place. This is the first big guy with exceptional power, that Rios has fought in a while. Cant remember if Acosta had the height advantage or not. Now that I think about it, Rios and Alvarado may actually be the same size.

Anyhow, both guys have the tendency to start a bit slow and get their asses kicked, until they get comfortable in fights...Mike's face shows more wear & tear than Rios's does, before the adjustment. Not sure how Mike's lip is going to look after this one is said and done.

I just Mike beating Rios to the punch and surprising him at times, but Rios will probably be better with body shots in close quarters. Seems like Alvarado waits for his guy to slow down in the close quarters, before he starts landing that uppercut. Any other time, his opponent is usually first. If Rios makes the most of it, we could see something crazy.

I still give it Alvarado by TKO because he's more of a bully than Rios, but throws less punches on the inside than Rios does. Well, let me rephrase that, he takes a punch before the throws one.

All I can see is blood and long layoffs after this one...if it goes the way we want it to go. Im wondering how Alvarado's lip will hold up, because it's been split open in his two previous bouts.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 13 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

wow Rios doesn't look like skelator for once

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Let's get down with the get-down!!! (country shit)

PS: If I see Bob Papa...Im gonna throw up. Dude sucks big time.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2012, 09:15 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Damn...3 California judges?! California judges, aka Texas judges, aka Mexico judges...be careful Alvarado...go for the KO. I already smell a robbery if this goes the distance. We saw Rios get the stank beat off of him in April, and still won a split decision. I smell fuckery...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Mike looks a bit uncomfortable...or maybe he's too relaxed. I didn't expect to see blood til the 4th or 5th, but damn. Dont know who to give the first to...maybe Rios edged it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Man these rounds are hard to score. Im just hoping for a KO, so I wont have to be responsible for scoring it.

Rios looks more comfortable of the two.

Maybe its 1 -1, but it could be 2 -0 for Rios

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Man Rios cant keep getting hit with these lefts from Rios, he doesn't seem to be taking the shots all that well. His trainer sounds like John Scully during the Ward fight.

Alvarado's lip is already opening up...

Rios looks strong....

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 13 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

These guys both have good chins, it will come down to conditioning in this one. I believe all the close rounds will go to Rios.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 12:25 AM