Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yamma Pit fighting Tournament, Friday April 11th in Atlantic City, NJ
Southeastpaw
post Feb 29 2008, 10:56 AM
Post #11

The Analyst

Group: Members
Member No.: 166

Maybe that is where these pit fight matches should take place. I'm surprised Tank isn't signed up already. Him and Butterbean would be an interesting match.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Feb 29 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #12

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Butterbean, Goodrige....Frye vs. Olge? LOL..what a card.

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Feb 29 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #13

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

Yeah biggeorge. This guy couldn't make it with the UFC, and now he is coming up with basically that same thing as before but with washed up guys. It didn't work for him the first go round, it won't work this time. All the good fighters are going to go to one of the big MMA organizations, not pit fighting. My guess is that he believes the time is right, now since MMA is main stream. This pit fighting just sounds like some glorified toughman contest with guys that can't make it in the big leagues anymore. But maybe I'm wrong.

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 29 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #14

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 5,717

I will only be impressed if they fight IN a PIT. So many times I go to these events, and see cages, rings, octagons, triangles, even swiming pools filled with cod... Never a good old fashioned hand-dug pit. Hell, Tank "my skill is pitfighting" Abbott couldn't even describe these pit's he'd fought in. Turns out it was something the early UFC guys made up because it sounded better than Tank "I get drunk and beat people with my hamfists" Abbott.

No Pit?
No Twinkie.

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Feb 29 2008, 02:39 PM
Post #15

All Hail The Buffalo

Member No.: 2,298

You guys are losing sight of the big picture.

All MMA fans should welcome new organizations, especially ones that within the Buffalo's driving distance.
The exciting aspect of this show is the tournament format! In the early UFC days, it was awesome seeing a man fight and win, only to advance and face other winners on the same night. This is a throwback to the old days. And being that these guys only have one fight minute round, they will be kicking some ass and going for the win.

Sure, some of the guys on the card are past their prime, but the fact is that they can still produce some exciting fights. Watching Frye against Taktarov will be a good fight with some of Oleg's SAMBO action. And it is always a treat to watch "Big Daddy" beat the crap out of the "King of the Four Rounders" in Butterbean.

Not to mention I will get a kick ass "Affiction" style Yamma shirt! Booooooyah!

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 29 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #16

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Feb 29 2008, 02:39 PM) [snapback]380628[/snapback]
You guys are losing sight of the big picture

I think you're missing the "little" picture. In today's world the "MMA craze" is in full swing. Guys like Streetlyon are into it, people are buying Affliction (case in point? see below) and TapOUt gear like it's selling at Old Navy covered in some teen girl's strawberry shortcake.

EVERYONE is jumping on the bandwagon, and as a result, every backwoods, low budget, half-assed promoter is trying to soak up the spot light. It's diluting the talent base, and the more popular this sport gets, the less time and quality is put on in each production because they KNOW goons like you will pay money to see two guys fight in tapiocca pudding in a tub surrounded by tiki torches.

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Feb 29 2008, 02:39 PM) [snapback]380628[/snapback]
Not to mention I will get a kick ass "Affiction" style Yamma shirt! Booooooyah!

If you can get me a YAMMAMAMAMDabbadoo Tiki torch, I'll paypal you the funds.

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Feb 29 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #17

All Hail The Buffalo

This a whole new concept and a new format. No one in their right mind believes that this promotion will equal a Pride or the UFC. However, it can AND might help to rid us of all the scrub organizations like the IFL, King of the Cage, etc.

This guy was one of the brain childs of the original UFC, and I have to believe at the very least he will put on a good show.

I would pay $200 for a ringside seat to see the main events.

And did I mention the Yamma Pit Fighting T-shirts? Boooyah!

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 29 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #18

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Feb 29 2008, 04:06 PM) [snapback]380655[/snapback]
This a whole new concept and a new format. No one in their right mind believes that this promotion will equal a Pride or the UFC. However, it can AND might help to rid us of all the scrub organizations like the IFL, King of the Cage, etc.

This guy was one of the brain childs of the original UFC, and I have to believe at the very least he will put on a good show.

See this is where I have a problem.

When I hear "new concept" I think of a pit filled with pudding surrounded by tiki torches, because honestly... how different can an MMA event be? Virtual MMA? MMA on a stick? MMA suspended on a tightrope 400 feet above the crowd?

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Feb 29 2008, 04:06 PM) [snapback]380655[/snapback]
And did I mention the Yamma Pit Fighting T-shirts? Boooyah!

No. There will be t-shirts? I'm there!

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Feb 29 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #19

All Hail The Buffalo

Not only the T-shirts.....

But on the boardwalk they have the guys, The Conscience being one, who pushes these wicker baskets on wheels. They take you from your sweet penthouse on one side of the boardwalk to the other side where you can dine and shop like Kings. I will make The Conscience push me from one end to the other, the whole time I will observe his bloody swollen hands and offensive body odor.

After the ride, I will get out of the wicker basket and deliver him a vicious kick to his pancreas sending him to the boardwalk planks in a crumpled heap! The poor ghetto entrepreneur will never know what hit him! During this whole fiasco I will not even spill one drop of my Tom Collins!

I will make a whole weekend out of this event! Too sweet!

+Quote Post
dojotube.com
post Apr 8 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #20

Amateur

Member No.: 7,188

This is the beginning of a new MMA event with some mystery behind it. I think it is definitely worth 35$ for a ppv event. Who knows it might just become popular and you'll be the first to see it. Just as I remember watching the first UFC and every one thereafter. If the ring is done properly I believe it will be a step above what is offered out there. A new fighting environment will show different concepts and techniques in fighting. It's only $35 and it's not like we have the opportunity that often to see butterbean and Taktarov fight (other than 1 winning fight it's been 10 years since we've seen the sambo expert fight for real and not just in the movies) And the whole tournament concept coming back. If we see enough money thrown at the purses you could see some big names in the future ... like Ricco Rodgriguez fresh off of celebrity rehab! See highlights and interviews on www.dojotube.com and it is definitely worth viewing live on the big screen.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:24 PM