> floyd taking shots at ward!?, wtf?
bnoles4life
post Mar 14 2013, 06:26 AM
Post #51

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

WOW. This has gotten this board charged, huh? My two cents:

This is unnecessary, on Floyd's part. In my novice psychologist's POV, Floyd expected some allegiance from Ward and seemed a little disrespected/betrayed by Ward's words. I commented on the article at the time and said, "No where in this article does Andre Ward say Guerrero WILL win...." I think that's the part Floyd omitted when he processed what he read/heard (big emphasis on HEARD).

As far as the interview goes, I believe that was something that could've been/should've been "side stepped". There are a few things, IMO, of which you steer clear and one of them is a person's faith. You can't rationalize someone else's "faith" and to question it, especially when the person hasn't done anything REMOTELY hypocritical, well isn't the wisest of things. Now, someone mentioned he, Floyd, wants to win "hearts and minds, but he doesn't know how...". Well, someone needs to hire him a publicist, b/c this isn't the way to go about it. Think about it: This country is largely ran on Judeau-Christian values and he mocks a guy who uses "S.O.G." as his calling card? While no one is beyond reproach, I have to say, this is a road he shouldn't want to go down. You wanna know how powerful that religion thing is in sports? Manny potentially has fathered a child out of wedlock, has/had a gambling problem and allegedly reneged on a significant debt. All of that, has pretty much been wiped out the moment he "got back right w/ God" (well, that and the media kinda looked the other way.....EVERY TIME)....and dude STILL has a Hennessy commercial in heavy rotation!!!!!

Lastly, Floyd spit that Ward is unpopular, well, as soon as the mainstream media gets wind of this, that's no longer going to be true. If Ward's camp does it right, they could eat this up. I mean, Floyd is like the E.F. Hutton in boxing, when he speaks, everyone rallies around and supports the target(s) of his words. I can see it now, "Mayweather mocks fighter for choosing faith over money." <<<<< No matter how out of context it will be, people will slurp that up.

In short, if it's true Floyd wants to win over people, it's time for Floyd to hire a publicist and save him from himself.

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Mar 14 2013, 06:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 14 2013, 08:00 AM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 14 2013, 11:26 AM) *
WOW. This has gotten this board charged, huh?

religion seems to do that to people lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 14 2013, 08:03 AM
Post #53

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 14 2013, 06:26 AM) *

This is unnecessary, on Floyd's part. In my novice psychologist's POV, Floyd expected some allegiance from Ward and seemed a little disrespected/betrayed by Ward's words. I commented on the article at the time and said, "No where in this article does Andre Ward say Guerrero WILL win...." I think that's the part Floyd omitted when he processed what he read/heard (big emphasis on HEARD).

As far as the interview goes, I believe that was something that could've been/should've been "side stepped". There are a few things, IMO, of which you steer clear and one of them is a person's faith. You can't rationalize someone else's "faith" and to question it, especially when the person hasn't done anything REMOTELY hypocritical, well isn't the wisest of things. Now, someone mentioned he, Floyd, wants to win "hearts and minds, but he doesn't know how...". Well, someone needs to hire him a publicist, b/c this isn't the way to go about it. Think about it: This country is largely ran on Judeau-Christian values and he mocks a guy who uses "S.O.G." as his calling card? While no one is beyond reproach, I have to say, this is a road he shouldn't want to go down. You wanna know how powerful that religion thing is in sports? Manny potentially has fathered a child out of wedlock, has/had a gambling problem and allegedly reneged on a significant debt. All of that, has pretty much been wiped out the moment he "got back right w/ God" (well, that and the media kinda looked the other way.....EVERY TIME)....and dude STILL has a Hennessy commercial in heavy rotation!!!!!

Lastly, Floyd spit that Ward is unpopular, well, as soon as the mainstream media gets wind of this, that's no longer going to be true. If Ward's camp does it right, they could eat this up. I mean, Floyd is like the E.F. Hutton in boxing, when he speaks, everyone rallies around and supports the target(s) of his words. I can see it now, "Mayweather mocks fighter for choosing faith over money." <<<<< No matter how out of context it will be, people will slurp that up.

In short, if it's true Floyd wants to win over people, it's time for Floyd to hire a publicist and save him from himself.

Haha i still don't get what the big deal is ahaha, it does have people charged. I seen some god damn essays posted over this little spat.

Who the fuck wants a publicist when you can get attention like this over a little back and forth! Lol, I don't see the draw in all this, its so funny. It's a just an Oakland brother getting Oakland with a D-town dude and the D-town dude getting Detroit on his ass back!

Why the hell is Prince still a manager!!! Lol, this guy is like 50 cent 5 years from now! He's a terrible manager, he's the reason Floyd got haymon and got into promoting himself Haha. Wth is ward thinking having this guy on the team!

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Mar 14 2013, 08:34 AM
Post #54

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 14 2013, 07:26 AM) *

Well written, Side note, i appreciate all of you and being a part of this. I love reading this when I'm cooked, a lot of you write very well while i notice I'm not even considered an "amateur" writer.. Especially any minorities, I'm impressed, they need to have these boxing forums more prevalent on ESPN or some network so EVERYONE can be considered a "Hardcore" fan. That way Andre Ward would be more popular too among others. I'm tryna do something on FIRST TAKE one day, they seem like they dont know shit about boxing. Stephen A is my dude though, he makes me wanna read the dictionary.

Enough baked thoughts.. If what someone said earlier about Ward's Manager is true, then it all makes sense, a shitty promotion team will get you no where even if you have the skill.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 14 2013, 11:23 AM
Post #55

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

This shit has gotten out of hand. These dudes are way far better than this. Jealousy and envy is a female trait. These men both represented their country in the Olympics (Floyd got robbed) and they are both amazing boxers. What Floyd said was true but not needed to be said in public at the same time Andre has said many sly shit about Floyd and that was uncalled for. Prince and Ellerbee needs to stay out of it. Prince is a freaking gangster so he needs to calm down, Sadly this just sold more tickets in a negative way and Andre Ward is finally getting exposure. These dudes are better this and I hope they can call each other up and just squash it and keep moving. Both men spoke out of pocket. Both men need to put this shit down and move on.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 14 2013, 12:11 PM
Post #56

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

THIS IS WHAT BOXING IS ALL ABOUT-- SHIT TALKING AND CONTROVERSY... ALL WHO FEEL OFFENDED AND OUTRAGED TAKE OFF THE THONGS AND TAMPONS!!!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 14 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #57

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 14 2013, 01:11 PM) *
THIS IS WHAT BOXING IS ALL ABOUT-- SHIT TALKING AND CONTROVERSY... ALL WHO FEEL OFFENDED AND OUTRAGED TAKE OFF THE THONGS AND TAMPONS!!!

+1

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #58

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 13 2013, 09:48 PM) *
http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...yweather--63331

James Princes Response to Floyd. The beginning part if what Janes Prince says was extremely inaccurate and out of context. Prophets weren't PRIZE fighters. However Floyd got what he asked for. Some thing's are better left unsaid and Floyd was out of pocket. Janes prince Ethered him and I hope Floyd is humbled a bit after this. Btw I'm a huge fan of most of Floyd's antics. Very entertaining. I fucks with Floyd. But he was wrong to say what he said about ward. That was just some hating ass bird ass nigga shit. I hope the issue ends here.

he did ether floyd...and he was right about the prophets. david was a fighter and a prophet.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #59

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 13 2013, 09:58 PM) *
Poor Guerrero...dude is getting no press at all. You'd think that Floyd was fighting Ward on May 4th. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

it's probably best for him this way. takes the pressure off.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 03:50 PM
Post #60

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 13 2013, 10:26 PM) *
This is blowing way out of proportion because it's between two names that no one expected. Floyd said things that didn't need to be said that wasn't even relevant to the question.

that is always the case. he is his own worse enemy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:54 AM