IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What does it take To beat Floyd Mayweather Jr?(Topics Merged), What Blueprint Do You Use As An Opponent? A Trainer?
BoxingEinstein
post Dec 19 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #31

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

There is no blueprint, all of those close wins he's had I'm sure he's learned from them. Mayweather is a special fighter and not only that he's a physical marvel with genius level boxing acumen. He dedicates himself to the sport and hones his craft because he takes it very seriously. Always in shape even not fighting, treats his body like a temple and has mastered the fundamentals. He took the Michigan defense, philly shell and has advanced those techniques to its fullest potential. Has great in ring awareness, unbelievable mental fortitude, has a chin, honest power, and the list goes on.

Simply put, it will take a fighter that is special in his own ways and in every category of the sweet science. My grandfather studied Mayweather like he's studied Whitaker, Pep, Benetiez etc. He's a extremely gifted fighter who sadly and understandably is business minded first and legacy second mentality currently keeps him from clinbing up the ATG ranks....yet his career isn't over.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 20 2013, 12:00 AM
Post #32

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I said it when the fight took place and I still stick to it, if Cotto didn't beat Floyd he would retire undefeated. Miguel gave him hell and it wasn't just because of his game plan it was his experience. The fighters today simply don't have the experience, let alone the skills or effective game plan to beat him

You put Floyd in with someone on par with him experience wise and he has issues. See the Judah fight, the ODLH fight, the Mosley fight, Augustus fight, and the Cotto fight. It's going to take more then skill to put a 1 in his loss column. Hopefully he don't fight Bernard but if he do he could lose that fight. Experience is key

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 20 2013, 01:21 AM
Post #33

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

Father-time.

+Quote Post
truth
post Dec 20 2013, 01:45 AM
Post #34

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

Someone with a great jab and mental fortitude that I'm gonna win (buster Douglass tyson) no matter what Floyd has great skills however i think allot of guys go in defeated before the fight even starts which is why a guy like cotto and delahoya had some success because as someone mentioned they thought they could really win because of experience. Plus Mayweather doesn't fight on a rhythm so they would have to do that to which means they must have great reflexes because timing won't work and great stamina.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Dec 20 2013, 06:00 AM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I was thinking Winky Wright and Vernon Forest would have faired very well against Floyd Mayweather Jr.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 20 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #36

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Lots of jabs and double up with the hooks. He's gonna block and parry 1-2-3's all night. You need to make him a stationary target and double up your punches. That being said, you're probably still going to lose lol So the real answer is prayer and lots of it. Floyd's last 2 fights, he went back to moving and being quick on his feet so the plans of trying to bombard him with activity on the ropes went out the window. Back to the drawing board.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 20 2013, 05:03 PM
Post #37

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Nobody beats Floyd Mayweather Jr.

There, I said it.

+Quote Post
devdog85
post Dec 20 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #38

Amateur

Member No.: 14,077

I think it takes a combination of speed, a good jab and maybe some height I think Zab came the closet to figuring out the puzzle that is Floyd Mayweather

Some fighters I feel that would trouble him or beat him are:
Ray Robinson
Ray Leonard
Taylor
Wright
Whitaker
Hearnes

If there was a particular style that beats him it prob would be RJJ

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 20 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #39

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

You need to out-work him. You have to throw punches in bunches and you need to have the hand-speed behind those punches. You need to have hand-speed like Zab Judah in order to catch Floyd but you need to be active enough to win rounds. Floyd isn't an overly active fighter. If an opponent can get in and throw combinations while Floyd tucks that chin away, he can steal some rounds and if he does that frequently enough he can win the fight.

I look back at Oscar's fight with Floyd. Oscar didn't win, but he was active enough to steal rounds and make it a close fight. That is probably how Floyd will lose...if he loses. It will be a points decision to someone that was able to out-work him and steal rounds with bursts of activity while Floyd covers up.

Fighters that stand in front of him with a lack of hand-speed have no chance. Guys like JMM, Danny Garcia, Baldomir, Ortiz, Canelo, Guerrero, etc have all come up short because they had no chance of out-working Floyd. Oscar tried that and had some success. Same with JLC. I will say that Ricky Hatton was competitive despite his limited skills because he just worked hard.

That is why I will always believe that Manny Pacquaio is easily Floyd's biggest threat. Manny has the hand-speed and punch volume to win rounds. Manny's unique power is a huge bonus because if he can buzz Floyd early it will make him even more defensive throughout the rest of the fight, making it easier for Manny to steal rounds.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 21 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 21 2013, 12:40 AM) *
You need to out-work him. You have to throw punches in bunches and you need to have the hand-speed behind those punches. You need to have hand-speed like Zab Judah in order to catch Floyd but you need to be active enough to win rounds. Floyd isn't an overly active fighter. If an opponent can get in and throw combinations while Floyd tucks that chin away, he can steal some rounds and if he does that frequently enough he can win the fight.

I look back at Oscar's fight with Floyd. Oscar didn't win, but he was active enough to steal rounds and make it a close fight. That is probably how Floyd will lose...if he loses. It will be a points decision to someone that was able to out-work him and steal rounds with bursts of activity while Floyd covers up.

Fighters that stand in front of him with a lack of hand-speed have no chance. Guys like JMM, Danny Garcia, Baldomir, Ortiz, Canelo, Guerrero, etc have all come up short because they had no chance of out-working Floyd. Oscar tried that and had some success. Same with JLC. I will say that Ricky Hatton was competitive despite his limited skills because he just worked hard.

That is why I will always believe that Manny Pacquaio is easily Floyd's biggest threat. Manny has the hand-speed and punch volume to win rounds. Manny's unique power is a huge bonus because if he can buzz Floyd early it will make him even more defensive throughout the rest of the fight, making it easier for Manny to steal rounds.

He hasn't fought Danny lol

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 01:22 AM