IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM (ET)/8PM(PT)- Khan vs Garcia (SPOILERS 15 mins later), No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads or Public Streams
wolterb
post Jul 15 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #91

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

What a glorious result
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 15 2012, 02:11 PM
Post #92

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Khan got exposed but I dont think this loss was a huge detriment for his career. For a Mayweather fight? Probably. He could still talk up a Bradley fight though. He could still fight Peterson. He could still fight Ortiz. He can probably get ppl interested in a rematch. Let's be honest, Garcia didn't look that great either. He was swinging for the fences and losing the fight until that point for sure. I just think Khan proved what most of us thought...he's not elite. At least not yet. I think he' still in that tier of B class fighters with Alexander, Ortiz, Berto etc.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 15 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #93

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 15 2012, 12:12 PM) *
+1, MG. I just watched it and considering how he was (believe it or not) effectively countering Danny, he should've been allowed to continue. I know I'll be called crazy and no way can one make predictions, but I think had this been allowed to continue, Khan would've recovered and made a "muck" of what was to be a clear victory for Garcia.

S/N: I don't like Khan

I think Bayless would have let the fight go on, if Khan's legs would have cooperated better after the 3rd KD. Kenny looked at Khan for a good five seconds on the last knockdown, and I saw probably what he did, a fighter who may have wanted to continue, but who's body said no. Even on that first knockdown I got that impression that khan's was kind of slow to get his hands up. It certainly would have sucked if Bayless had stopped it then. But Khan was kind of slow in coming to Bayless following the eight-count for each of the three knockdowns. I agree with the stoppage. and kudos to Khan for going down swinging.

Jack

PS. Khan reminds me of Hamed with his arrogance, punching power. and suspect chin.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 15 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #94

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Not to toot Floyd Mayweathers horn too much, but isnt Danny Garcia the guy that Floyd told Khan he had to fight before even considering a Mayweather/Khan match? Wasnt that last year sometime?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 15 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #95

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 15 2012, 02:24 PM) *
I think Bayless would have let the fight go on, if Khan's legs would have cooperated better after the 3rd KD. Kenny looked at Khan for a good five seconds on the last knockdown, and I saw probably what he did, a fighter who may have wanted to continue, but who's body said no. Even on that first knockdown I got that impression that khan's was kind of slow to get his hands up. It certainly would have sucked if Bayless had stopped it then. But Khan was kind of slow in coming to Bayless following the eight-count for each of the three knockdowns. I agree with the stoppage. and kudos to Khan for going down swinging.

Jack

PS. Khan reminds me of Hamed with his arrogance, punching power. and suspect chin.

I didn't think Hamed's chin was all that bad. After all, Barrera hit him flush, more than a few times and he never was really "buzzed".

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 15 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #96

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 15 2012, 08:24 PM) *

Jack

atleast Hamed was fun to watch.

Not to toot Floyd Mayweathers horn too much, but isnt Danny Garcia the guy that Floyd told Khan he had to fight before even considering a Mayweather/Khan match? Wasnt that last year sometime?

nah that was jessie vargas

I still think if Khan had a mind, and stayed away instead of tried to stay on the inside, he could of pulled out an SD or a very close UD. He has heart, but he puts it in the wrong places.

it's like someone said, he wants to be noticed, so badly, so he trades and what not, and problem is he doesn't have MP chin so he cant do it. Things like when he fought Judah he telling Ariza oh yeah he's really ripped, and am sure he was admiring not just observing. And now he comes out with this ripped body, to were as before he was always lean, to match his mentality? I think Garcias dad got in his head, and its not hard to do it seems.

and yeah I know what you mean CShel, always an excuse with that guy, I mean he could be such an easily likeable person in his situations like the drug test and stuff like that, and against Paulie who was playing the bad guy perfectly, but he just puts his foot in his own mouth with lines like "I have the strongest chin out of the british boxers". If that was true we'd be in serious trouble for winning any medals this Olympics. Even when Hamed lost he said no problem

This post has been edited by mgrover: Jul 15 2012, 03:48 PM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jul 15 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #97

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Khan just needs a new trainer that can teach him defense, and he'll be good to go. Oh yeah and Alex Ariza's special shakes.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jul 15 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #98

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 15 2012, 03:52 PM) *

Jesse Vargas prior to his signing with TR

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 15 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #99

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Khan should have kept Ariza n ditched Roach. I dont like the manber in which hes gone up in weight. What once was a skinny, lanky body, now is flabby in between fights. He isnt gainibg the right way.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 15 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #100

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 15 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Jesse Vargas prior to his signing with TR

Thansk. i got those two mixed up.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:00 PM