IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is the toughest fight for Floyd at 160 down?, Doesn't matter if you expect the fight to happen
What is the toughest fight for Floyd at 160 down?
What is the toughest fight for Floyd at 160 down, regardless of whether or not you think the fight will happen??
Bernard Hopkins [ 5 ] ** [17.86%]
Gennady Golovkin [ 6 ] ** [21.43%]
Sergio Martinez [ 7 ] ** [25.00%]
Adrien Broner [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Peter Quillin [ 2 ] ** [7.14%]
Danny Garcia [ 2 ] ** [7.14%]
Miguel Cotto [ 1 ] ** [3.57%]
Manny Pacquiao [ 1 ] ** [3.57%]
Timothy Bradley [ 4 ] ** [14.29%]
Amir Khan [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
bnoles4life
post Nov 5 2013, 04:22 AM
Post #41

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 4 2013, 11:05 PM) *
No brother...now we're "cookin'"

Funny how Bernard is willing to kill himself to make 160 for Floyd, but he wont even entertain the idea of coming down to 168 or even 160 for GGG. Weird, right? Lol

I concur! Let's put things in perspective here, Floyd cant hang with smokin' Joe.

YOU MFs are killing me!!!! LOL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 5 2013, 04:27 AM
Post #42

Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 4 2013, 05:53 PM) *
Yeah, Bradley just doesn't match up well in any categories. But his activity and his desire to win is what will trouble Floyd. Handspeed, footwork, defense, accuracy, etc. There's no edge for Tim

Yeah, Chi...his activity MIGHT be a problem, early, as I'm sure he and his team know they can't give away any "feeling out" rounds. They'd have to be active early and often. HOWEVER, all that "rah, rah" iiiiish is over about round 3 or 4. As far as a "desire to win", who is to say Bradley holds the patent on that attribute? Last time I checked, the thought of a loss didn't sit well with Mr. 45-0. I like Bradley, but I just don't see a category to where he's EVEN w/ Floyd.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 5 2013, 04:28 AM
Post #43

Welterweight

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 4 2013, 10:16 PM) *
When did the all time p4p king get into the convo?

Floyed shouldn't even think of this killer

Joe C is boxing's Chuck Norris. If Joe C had a daughter and she lost her virginity, Joe C would take it back.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Nov 5 2013, 06:25 AM
Post #44

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

I don't understand the GGG & Martinez talk. They are both with HBO AND are MIDDLEWEIGHTS. I would love to see Mayweather try his hand at History once again, but this is a little too much to ask plus they fight for a different network. Peter Quillen holds a Middleweight Title and fights for Showtime. That would be much more logical than the other 2. And besides, isnt GGG already scheduled for a fight and Martinez likely fighting Cotto?

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Nov 5 2013, 07:02 AM
Post #45

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 5 2013, 07:25 AM) *
I don't understand the GGG & Martinez talk. They are both with HBO AND are MIDDLEWEIGHTS. I would love to see Mayweather try his hand at History once again, but this is a little too much to ask plus they fight for a different network. Peter Quillen holds a Middleweight Title and fights for Showtime. That would be much more logical than the other 2. And besides, isnt GGG already scheduled for a fight and Martinez likely fighting Cotto?

+1

Why would Floyed make that weight jump at this point? There's too much talent where he is at..

Floyed is cashing out, and wont take any unnecessary risk.

Edit: ifffffff GGG were to fight Floyed it would be an easy showcase imo.. GGG is crazy flatfooted and too slow. ( I'm obviously not convinced yet bout this guy)

This post has been edited by BoxingStill#1: Nov 5 2013, 07:05 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Nov 5 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #46

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

The only thing that is going to beat Floyd at this point is Father Time. He isn't fighting at 160. Recently and this made me cringe and spit out my hot coco, Roy Jones said he would drop to 170 to fight Mayweather. In other absurd news, Lennox Lewis said he would cut his locks to fight Mayweather.

GGG hasn't proven shit and B Hop wants a big pay day. I want Floyd to clean out the entire 147 division. The fighters that I see him giving him slight issues:

Thurman
Bradley
Martinez

that is in no particular order. Bradley has heart, Martinez can box and Thurman is a hard hitter who can also box.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 5 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #47

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Nov 5 2013, 02:01 PM) *
The only thing that is going to beat Floyd at this point is Father Time. He isn't fighting at 160. Recently and this made me cringe and spit out my hot coco, Roy Jones said he would drop to 170 to fight Mayweather. In other absurd news, Lennox Lewis said he would cut his locks to fight Mayweather.

GGG hasn't proven shit and B Hop wants a big pay day. I want Floyd to clean out the entire 147 division. The fighters that I see him giving him slight issues:

Thurman
Bradley
Martinez

that is in no particular order. Bradley has heart, Martinez can box and Thurman is a hard hitter who can also box.

Well look who it is....somebody paid their alimony this month, they let you turn on the Internet again I see (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 5 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #48

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 5 2013, 06:25 AM) *

The HBO angle is the problem but I think the reason those 2 are mentioned is because they've said they will come down in weight for the fight not have Floyd move up. Martinez who I said is his biggest threat has said he'd come down to as much as 150. And Gennady and his big mouth trainer said months ago and stated yesterday that they are willing to drop to 154 to fight Floyd. Whether we want to or not as long as Gennady keeps winning people will call more and more for that fight..but they should be calling on him to test himself at 168. For the record I don't care to see Floyd fight at MW, he's already a legend imo but if one of these two is willing to come down in weight for an ass whooping then that's on them.

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Nov 5 2013, 02:23 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Nov 5 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #49

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 5 2013, 12:05 PM) *
Well look who it is....somebody paid their alimony this month, they let you turn on the Internet again I see (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LOL!!! Nice...
Naw, I was on business in Toronto for a week, then I had to fly to Buffalo for 4 days on more business. My boss is a dick because he knows I hate cold weather. I had fun and Toronto and damn near shot myself in Buffalo!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 5 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #50

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Nov 5 2013, 02:13 PM) *
LOL!!! Nice...
Naw, I was on business in Toronto for a week, then I had to fly to Buffalo for 4 days on more business. My boss is a dick because he knows I hate cold weather. I had fun and Toronto and damn near shot myself in Buffalo!

Next time go to Montreal, it's pretty nice there

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:39 AM