IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:30(ET)/7:30(PT):Chavez Jr.-Manfredo (SPOILERS 45 Mins. Later), No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
Rivado
post Nov 20 2011, 01:11 AM
Post #31

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 455

Surprised by Chavez's mechanics and heart tonight but is still a work in progress and still has no chance versus the champ of the division. The best we can *hope for from the kid is him revenging the losses of his pops to Delahoya.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Genius
post Nov 20 2011, 05:33 AM
Post #32

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

Epic mancrush by RJj for Chavez Jr.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 20 2011, 08:24 AM
Post #33

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

What was up with Kellerman and Jones calling Chavez Sr., daddy? Usually you would say Jr.'s father, his dad, but daddy, really weird to me. I don't think I ever called someone else's parent mommy or daddy. It is weird.

Jones likes the Jr. fights? He has taken way too many punches. Jr. has no punching power and he stinks. He is clearly living off of his father's name. Sergio would kill this kid. Manfredo if he kept going to the body would had been a different fight. Ariza still creeps me out. And when did looks matter in boxing? Kellerman, Papa, and Jones kept saying what a good looking kid Jr. is. Really strange.

Has a Leaderman card been ever right?

+Quote Post
thisneverworks
post Nov 20 2011, 08:29 AM
Post #34

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 51

The only thing that this fight cemented is that Max Kellerman is the most annoying announcer on television in any sport. How does this guy have a job? He tries to make these grandiose statements where he just sounds like a total idiot (the tell that one is coming is that it typically contains the word "ain't"). He is basically doing a poor man's Larry Merchant, which is much harder for Kellerman because he doesn't have all the experience that Merchant has writing and covering the sport (it also explains why Kellerman's grand statements suck so bad).

Aside from RJJ, the entire HBO crew on both shows should just go. They are lap dogs for the house fighters, offer no real insight, and have become a very tired act. At this point they are as frustrating to listen to as it is to watch the shit fights that HBO keeps putting on one after the other.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Nov 20 2011, 08:58 AM
Post #35

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

Fight Martinez!!!

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Nov 20 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #36

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Nov 20 2011, 08:58 AM) *
Fight Martinez!!!

Do you honestly believe Chavez Jr. is ready for Martinez? Personally, I think it'd be 1-sided. Chavez showed me that he is improvin', but he did have his "sloppy" moments. He's a work in progress, I suppose. The thing, is... When you're facin' a fighter like Martinez, you can't be a work in progress, you have to be an established, Grade A threat.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 20 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 20 2011, 05:33 AM) *
Epic mancrush by RJj for Chavez Jr.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/1317945799475.jpg)

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 20 2011, 08:24 AM) *
Jones likes the Jr. fights? He has taken way too many punches. Jr. has no punching power and he stinks. He is clearly living off of his father's name. Sergio would kill this kid. Manfredo if he kept going to the body would had been a different fight. Kellerman, Papa, and Jones kept saying what a good looking kid Jr. is. Really strange.

Chavez actually showed us something different last night, and he does have somewhat of a chance to get to the big names, in terms of giving them a hard time. The downside of it is, those guys (especially Martinez) wont just stand right in front of him like Manfredo did...so he will have his hands full. I was waiting for some sidesteps and better head movement from Manfredo, but not all dreams come true (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As far as the announcers...they all have the "domino effect man-crush syndrome" ...it doesn't matter who the fighter is. Steward is the worst when asked about Pacquiao...he always has that cheesey little grin on his face before he answers the question...highly suspect. Lampley will call another man handsome in a minute, so I dont even get surprised anymore (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Oh yeah, Lederman's card means dick...just another victim of a "man-crush misshap" when he scores fights.

QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Nov 20 2011, 08:29 AM) *
The only thing that this fight cemented is that Max Kellerman is the most annoying announcer on television in any sport. How does this guy have a job? He tries to make these grandiose statements where he just sounds like a total idiot (the tell that one is coming is that it typically contains the word "ain't"). He is basically doing a poor man's Larry Merchant, which is much harder for Kellerman because he doesn't have all the experience that Merchant has writing and covering the sport (it also explains why Kellerman's grand statements suck so bad).

Aside from RJJ, the entire HBO crew on both shows should just go. They are lap dogs for the house fighters, offer no real insight, and have become a very tired act. At this point they are as frustrating to listen to as it is to watch the shit fights that HBO keeps putting on one after the other.

I'd pick Kellerman any day over Merchant's whisky-driven, backwards-ass, head-scratching analogies that no one ever seems to understand (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I must admit though, the HBO staff line-up wouldn't be the same without him though.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Nov 20 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #38

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I keep having this feeling that Chavez is way too big for 160 lbs. Of course, he's young and can cut the weight but it seems like he re-hydrates like a motherfucker. They did the same thing with De La Hoya when he turned pro, to give these young guys a natural advantage against smaller guys.

I saw some things I liked in there. He put that jab out there to hold the guy and position him for the right hand shots. I'd be interested in seeing how his next few fights go, but I just don't see him being able to hold up with guys like Martinez and the pace that Martinez pushes.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 20 2011, 03:08 PM
Post #39

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

Arum wants Oscar to return and fight Chavez Jr. Why? You tell me.

CShels, keep disagreeing with me.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Nov 20 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #40

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 20 2011, 08:24 AM) *
What was up with Kellerman and Jones calling Chavez Sr., daddy? Usually you would say Jr.'s father, his dad, but daddy, really weird to me. I don't think I ever called someone else's parent mommy or daddy. It is weird.

Jones likes the Jr. fights? He has taken way too many punches. Jr. has no punching power and he stinks. He is clearly living off of his father's name. Sergio would kill this kid. Manfredo if he kept going to the body would had been a different fight. Ariza still creeps me out. And when did looks matter in boxing? Kellerman, Papa, and Jones kept saying what a good looking kid Jr. is. Really strange.

I think they were trying to emphasize that chavez jr. would not be where he is, when they refer to sr. as "daddy", if it was not for his dad pulling the right strings.

Manfredo looked feather-fisted to me. There were a few moments where he clocked chavez...but i thought his jab did the most.

I feel like all of the announcers are told by the hbo producers to blow smoke up the cashcow's ass. But, maybe jones does like chavez jr, i don't know.
and lol, lederman is a bastard - he is always framed as the most credible, sensible viewer of the broadcast team...sometimes it seems like he dropped acid before he sat down to watch the fight.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:22 PM