IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> which up coming fight are you most excited about.., and why?
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

canelo/trout

mayweather/guerrero

donaire/rigondeaux

garcia/judah

mares/ponce deleon

rios/alvarez 2

did i miss any?

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Feb 28 2013, 07:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Feb 28 2013, 08:39 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Canelo/Trout

Rigo/Nonito

Floyd/Guerrero

Mares/Ponce

Garcia/Judah

Rios/Alvarado

In that order... and I don't know why are they doing Rios-Alvarado 2

This post has been edited by Plah: Feb 28 2013, 08:41 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 08:50 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Plah @ Feb 28 2013, 09:39 PM) *
Canelo/Trout

Rigo/Nonito

Floyd/Guerrero

Mares/Ponce

Garcia/Judah

Rios/Alvarado

In that order... and I don't know why are they doing Rios-Alvarado 2

me neither.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 28 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Rigondeaux/Donaire- looking to forward to this, cant wait I think rigondeaux will prevail victorious, but if nonito wins then i aint mad, its gonna be a war.

Canelo/Trout- I hope this is free, then I'll be excited. Going to be a real test for both of them, could go either way. I wouldn't be able to put money on this one but i cant wait to see it.

Mayweather/Guerrero- Gonna be good to see mayweather back in the ring. I wonder if he turned it up and went Super Saiyen. I just want to see whatever 24/7 type show for this already.

Rios/Alvarado- idk why they needed a rematch, hopefully Rios fights Broner soon.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 28 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 04:13 PM) *
canelo/trout

mayweather/guerrero

donaire/rigondeaux

garcia/judah

mares/ponce deleon

rios/alvarez 2

did i miss any?

Donaire/Rigo
Trout/Red Head
Judad/Swift
Mayweather/ Guerrero
Rios/Alvarez 2
Mares/ Ponce

You are missing Mayweather Sr. and Guerrero Sr. I got daddy Mayweather in that one!

Wait Hopkins and Cloud!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 28 2013, 10:10 PM) *
Donaire/Rigo
Trout/Red Head
Judad/Swift
Mayweather/ Guerrero
Rios/Alvarez 2
Mares/ Ponce

You are missing Mayweather Sr. and Guerrero Sr. I got daddy Mayweather in that one!

Wait Hopkins and Cloud!

how did that even start? i'm NOT cool on seeing the old men go at it. it's not even fair. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Mar 1 2013, 02:40 PM

+Quote Post
VJones
post Feb 28 2013, 10:28 PM
Post #7

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 08:13 PM) *
canelo/trout

mayweather/guerrero

donaire/rigondeaux

garcia/judah

mares/ponce deleon

rios/alvarez 2

did i miss any?

1. Mayweather/Guerrero - Not so much for the fight itself, but to see Floyd back in the ring. I love watching this man box. A thing of beauty. And an unmatched ring-IQ. Plus I enjoy the pageantry of a Mayweather fight...and even some of the nonsense. FM Sr. and G Sr. are already going at it hard. I find this bit of nonsense a slight entertaining but mostly...uncomfortable. Just think they are way too old for all of that. But I'm sure it'll help sell the fight. Oh yes, and I'm going on record now (something I never do this early, Prof) to say, Robert gets stopped within 10. TKO or on his stool. Floyd tires him by making him hunt and miss, takes him to the deep waters and drowns him. It'll look like the love-child of the Hatton/Mosley outcomes.

2. Hopkins/Cloud - I'm super-stoked for this one. I like B-Hop a lot, as a fighter and a person. And I'm a big history buff. If Bernard wins, he puts an extra bow on his legacy and retires with true legendary status. I like his chances. Too smart. Too slick. Too gutter. Cloud relies on his physicality. Bernard on IQ, ring generalship, and defense. I chose brain over brawn.

3. Canelo/Trout - Just wanna see this kid (Canelo) tested and in the ring finally with someone in his own weight class. Trout has the ability to win and all the advantages, imo. But if I'm honest, prior to the Cotto fight, there was a mental/emotional weakness about him. I think if he uses the win over Cotto as momentum and a confidence boost...he wins this fight. And maybe easily. Too big. Too fast. Too slick.

4. Garcia/Judah - Good, competitive match-up. It's a pick 'em fight. I like the mystery involved in this one. Which Judah shows up? The mentally weak one? The God-centered grounded one? And what about Garcia. Is there more to him than that left hook? Was he faking the injury? So many questions. Let's get 'em answered in the ring!

5. Mares/Ponce De Leon - I've grown to respect Abner Mares. I like how he went after the Donaire fight and insisted that GBP do their best to make the fight. Mares is likable and marketable. I want to see how he does in this new weight class.

6. Rigo/Donaire - Just really dislike Donaire. And everytime he or someone on his team opens his/their mouth, it makes him more unlikable. A year ago, he stated that he will fight anyone, even if they're on PEDs because he knows he'll beat them regardless...now he's singing a new tune. And every week its something else. He seems to really not want to get in the ring with Rigo. I actually think Donaire will win the fight. Rigo's last couple of outings were disappointing and I readjusted my opinion on who wins. However, I think Rigo will test Donaire and expose his flaws. He, like his countryman, Pac need a guy to come straight forward. A slick boxer like Rigo will probably make him look bad.

Not interested in Rios/Alvarado II. Slugfest for slugfest sake bores me. Sweet science. Anything else is just uncivilized. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 28 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Floyd/Ghost
Matthysse/Peterson
Rigo/Donaire
Canelo/Trout
Garcia/Judah

+Quote Post
VJones
post Feb 28 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #9

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 28 2013, 10:02 PM) *
Rigondeaux/Donaire- looking to forward to this, cant wait I think rigondeaux will prevail victorious, but if nonito wins then i aint mad, its gonna be a war.

Canelo/Trout- I hope this is free, then I'll be excited. Going to be a real test for both of them, could go either way. I wouldn't be able to put money on this one but i cant wait to see it.

Mayweather/Guerrero- Gonna be good to see mayweather back in the ring. I wonder if he turned it up and went Super Saiyen. I just want to see whatever 24/7 type show for this already.

Rios/Alvarado- idk why they needed a rematch, hopefully Rios fights Broner soon.

Yeah, Canelo/Trout is free, as it should be.

Doubt we ever see Broner/Rios unless Rios leaves Top Rank...

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 28 2013, 10:10 PM) *
Donaire/Rigo
Trout/Red Head
Judad/Swift
Mayweather/ Guerrero
Rios/Alvarez 2
Mares/ Ponce

Wait Hopkins and Cloud!

I'm with you on May Sr. winning that one! He is sooo ripped for a 60 year old...Not that being ripped necessarily translates to strength, but considering he's a former boxer AND had a taste for that street life...yeah, my money's on him too!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 28 2013, 11:28 PM) *
1. Mayweather/Guerrero - Not so much for the fight itself, but to see Floyd back in the ring. I love watching this man box. A thing of beauty. And an unmatched ring-IQ. Plus I enjoy the pageantry of a Mayweather fight...and even some of the nonsense. FM Sr. and G Sr. are already going at it hard. I find this bit of nonsense a slight entertaining but mostly...uncomfortable. Just think they are way too old for all of that. But I'm sure it'll help sell the fight. Oh yes, and I'm going on record now (something I never do this early, Prof) to say, Robert gets stopped within 10. TKO or on his stool. Floyd tires him by making him hunt and miss, takes him to the deep waters and drowns him. It'll look like the love-child of the Hatton/Mosley outcomes.

2. Hopkins/Cloud - I'm super-stoked for this one. I like B-Hop a lot, as a fighter and a person. And I'm a big history buff. If Bernard wins, he puts an extra bow on his legacy and retires with true legendary status. I like his chances. Too smart. Too slick. Too gutter. Cloud relies on his physicality. Bernard on IQ, ring generalship, and defense. I chose brain over brawn.

3. Canelo/Trout - Just wanna see this kid (Canelo) tested and in the ring finally with someone in his own weight class. Trout has the ability to win and all the advantages, imo. But if I'm honest, prior to the Cotto fight, there was a mental/emotional weakness about him. I think if he uses the win over Cotto as momentum and a confidence boost...he wins this fight. And maybe easily. Too big. Too fast. Too slick.

4. Garcia/Judah - Good, competitive match-up. It's a pick 'em fight. I like the mystery involved in this one. Which Judah shows up? The mentally weak one? The God-centered grounded one? And what about Garcia. Is there more to him than that left hook? Was he faking the injury? So many questions. Let's get 'em answered in the ring!

5. Mares/Ponce De Leon - I've grown to respect Abner Mares. I like how he went after the Donaire fight and insisted that GBP do their best to make the fight. Mares is likable and marketable. I want to see how he does in this new weight class.

6. Rigo/Donaire - Just really dislike Donaire. And everytime he or someone on his team opens his/their mouth, it makes him more unlikable. A year ago, he stated that he will fight anyone, even if they're on PEDs because he knows he'll beat them regardless...now he's singing a new tune. And every week its something else. He seems to really not want to get in the ring with Rigo. I actually think Donaire will win the fight. Rigo's last couple of outings were disappointing and I readjusted my opinion on who wins. However, I think Rigo will test Donaire and expose his flaws. He, like his countryman, Pac need a guy to come straight forward. A slick boxer like Rigo will probably make him look bad.

Not interested in Rios/Alvarado II. Slugfest for slugfest sake bores me. Sweet science. Anything else is just uncivilized. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

great breakdown of each fight!

i am not sure floyd stops guerrero...but i'll remember u said it! bold prediction.

hopkins is gutter when the opponent isn't. cloud is gutter...i think he makes it rough...but bhop can definitely out-skill him. it's going to be interesting. i stopped betting against bhop a long time ago. wouldn't be shocked if he won.

i'm thinking trout schools canelo. i hope everything is on the level and they get some fair officials for that one.

garcia is going to end judah's run. this will be his 9th life. party is over. garcia has a lot more than ppl think.

mares should beat deleon. both can be hit.

rios/alvarez doesn't interest me at all.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Mar 1 2013, 02:42 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 07:19 AM