IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV@6PM(PT)/9PM(ET): Silva vs. Okami: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams Permitted
Jack 1000
post Aug 27 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

For all the action and reaction to tonight's UFC World Middleweight Title Fight Card. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Aug 27 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

So who is everyone taking. Silva is the clear favourite obviously, and rightly so. Cant see how Okami is going to beat him. I dont think he can bridge the gap for a take down as well as Sonnen. He may have some success pressing the spider into the cage, but i think its just a matter of how long till he gets knocked out.

Schaub vs Nog? If nog boxes with Schaub he will get stopped. I know Nogs boxing is pretty good for a MMA fighter, but i think Schaubs too young and explosive for Nog to beat standing up. Nog will lose the boxing, then in the last round maybe go for the take down and have a little success, but not enough to win the fight. Schaub by UD

Forrest vs Rua will be interesting. I am hoping to see a rejuvenated Rua put on a dominant performance and get a rematch with Jones down the track. The Shogun that fought Jones the first time was a sitting duck with the injuries before the fight. If he shows up 100% that becomes a whole lot more competitive. But for this fight i am taking Shogun over Forrest.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 27 2011, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 27 2011, 05:45 PM) *
So who is everyone taking. Silva is the clear favourite obviously, and rightly so. Cant see how Okami is going to beat him. I dont think he can bridge the gap for a take down as well as Sonnen. He may have some success pressing the spider into the cage, but i think its just a matter of how long till he gets knocked out.

I've pegged Okami for the win for a while now, but if the prelims tonight are any indication, he will be in for a rough night. The refs are standing fighters up tonight within 10 seconds every time it hits the ground, regardless of what is taking place. Seems like they want to set the precedent early so that when Silva/Okami happens tonight and they keep standing them up, no one can accuse them of favoritism.

If Okami wins it tonight he's gonna have to earn it. He won't be able to do a Chael Sonnen-style fight tonight.

Schaub vs Nog? If nog boxes with Schaub he will get stopped. I know Nogs boxing is pretty good for a MMA fighter, but i think Schaubs too young and explosive for Nog to beat standing up. Nog will lose the boxing, then in the last round maybe go for the take down and have a little success, but not enough to win the fight. Schaub by UD

Picking Big Nog to pull it off by submission, maybe even something crazy like a gogo or triangle.

Forrest vs Rua will be interesting. I am hoping to see a rejuvenated Rua put on a dominant performance and get a rematch with Jones down the track. The Shogun that fought Jones the first time was a sitting duck with the injuries before the fight. If he shows up 100% that becomes a whole lot more competitive. But for this fight i am taking Shogun over Forrest.

Taking Shogun too, but you never know which Shogun will show up, because he'll fight even when he's injured. (Which is all the time now.)

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 27 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Wow, the Brazilian crowd REALLY sucks dick. When they aren't chanting Rio or Brazil, they're booing fighters every time it hits the ground. They're even booing fighters who speak English in the post-fight interviews.

I hope this ends all the bullshit about "American fans" being the worst sports fans in the world, and the myth that fans in other countries are more respectful. Other than Japan, that shit right there is a myth.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 27 2011, 08:37 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Big Nog stops Schaub in the first with punches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Aug 27 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #6

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

dammit Schaub... i really like Him, he has the skills and drive to be an elite Heavy... but damn he cant keep gettin KOd. what happened?

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 27 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Shogun Rua vs. Forrest Griffin up next.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 27 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 27 2011, 10:00 PM) *
dammit Schaub... i really like Him, he has the skills and drive to be an elite Heavy... but damn he cant keep gettin KOd. what happened?

He caught Big Nog with some good shots, but Nog ate them and moved forward, landing a good 1-2, hurting Schaub. Then Nog just poured it on from there until the ref stopped it. It was a good stoppage becuase Schaub wasn't defending himself, but it wasn't devastating. Schaub was up walking around a few minutes later.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 27 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Shogun stops Griffin with punches in the first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 27 2011, 09:34 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Shogun's the man. That's the happiest I've seen him in awhile.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 04:48 AM