Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Javontae Starks Interview
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Apr 12 2011, 04:17 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,386

Hey that was a solid interview from one of Minnesota's top prospects. Everybody in the state has known this guy could be something special for the last couple years, and I wish him nothing but the best.

Here's my issue though...He makes this comment "Dealing with the Minnesota boxing scene makes it even harder due to the fact that Minnesota is one of the biggest boxing states, so there were already limited shows...."

I'm pretty sure Starks was put on three different in the last year, and has pulled out for one reason or another. Minnesota gave him plenty of opportunities to fight, but he pulled out. I do hope he reps the state well though, and gets some victories. Watch out for this kid, he has some serious talent.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 12 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 12 2011, 04:17 PM) *
Hey that was a solid interview from one of Minnesota's top prospects. Everybody in the state has known this guy could be something special for the last couple years, and I wish him nothing but the best.

Here's my issue though...He makes this comment "Dealing with the Minnesota boxing scene makes it even harder due to the fact that Minnesota is one of the biggest boxing states, so there were already limited shows...."

I'm pretty sure Starks was put on three different in the last year, and has pulled out for one reason or another. Minnesota gave him plenty of opportunities to fight, but he pulled out. I do hope he reps the state well though, and gets some victories. Watch out for this kid, he has some serious talent.

give us the funky lowdown on this guy kyle... lol...

+Quote Post
pcraw
post Apr 12 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #3

The Talent

Member No.: 6,158

I think he meant it in a sense of exposure. In other words, how many people would have seen those fights outside of Minnesota residents. Thanks for the props.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Apr 12 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Oh, that makes sense Percy. I thought he meant literally, which would not have been the most accurate statement. Thank you for giving Minnesota some good exposure for, in my opinion, one of the most talented fighters to come out this state. I hope he does some fights in state, as they do put one at least 5-7 shows a year in the state. I'd love to see a world title fight in the state someday (hopefully first with Jason Litzau then Javontae).

As for the lowdown...I haven't seen him fight that much to be honest. I've been to his first 2 pro fights, where he basically destroyed outmatched opponents. He's a quick boxer-puncher, who had a great amateur career. He was just getting started with his amateur career when I was still fighting. He trained at COD, where numerous golden glove champions have come out of. There were rumors he would sign with Top Rank after he was an olympic alternate, but instead opted with local promotional company MSC. They got him fights locally, but he had to pull out because of injury. I was really interested to see him fight Bobby Kliewer last year, but Javontae got hurt. If Bobby would have showed up in shape, he would have given Starks a test. Everybody in the state just wants him to do it big, just like we want all our local boxers to do to shut people like Teddy Atlas up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:49 AM