Reply to this topicStart new topic
> porter jmm, thoughts?
ryustuh
post Jan 13 2014, 12:55 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

just saw a clip of porter responding to jmm's initial comments on a potential match-up. if it were to happen, i think porter would outwork and outpoint jmm given how aggressive and raw he looked against devon. does jmm still have heredia in his corner for S&C? his frame and power looked to have been on the decline since pacquiao. i say this would be a relatively easy W for porter. would like to see a porter-thurman or porter-paulie match-up instead.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 13 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 13 2014, 12:55 PM) *
just saw a clip of porter responding to jmm's initial comments on a potential match-up. if it were to happen, i think porter would outwork and outpoint jmm given how aggressive and raw he looked against devon. does jmm still have heredia in his corner for S&C? his frame and power looked to have been on the decline since pacquiao. i say this would be a relatively easy W for porter. would like to see a porter-thurman or porter-paulie match-up instead.

Let's be real, Bradley took it easy on Marquez...can't say that Porter will do the same. Marquez has no freakin' business fighting full-fledged WWs, hasn't he learned by now? If this fight were at 140, then I would change my view of it juuuuust a bit, but I believe Porter crushes him...IF he doesn't show JMM too much respect early on.

My thoughts, and these are my thoughts...Marquez only looks like an improving fighter when he fights Pac...everybody else that he fights, gives me the green light that he's fading and has business taking punches at this age.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 13 2014, 09:25 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

its funny because i can see pacquiao beating porter right now with handspeed and elusiveness. some guys just have your number. i think marquez is done. he only had motivation for that 4th pac fight. there is nothing left for him. his career was built off of what pacquiao accomplished.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 13 2014, 11:19 PM
Post #4

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

JMM should stay way from this fight. Porter is too big for him, it would not end well if he went up against Porter

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 14 2014, 02:10 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I'm sorry but I can see jmm making this good. He makes breakfast lunch and dinner out of come forward sloppy pressure fighters. But If porter decides to fight smart and box he can outpoint marquez probably

Btw marquez stated that for the Bradley fight he focused more on speed then strength, Idk if that answers youre question about heredia, but his "decline in power" may have been more of him not sitting on his punches because he knew he would have to be quick to hit Bradley and that he didn't strength train as much.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 14 2014, 09:50 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 14 2014, 02:10 AM) *
I'm sorry but I can see jmm making this good. He makes breakfast lunch and dinner out of come forward sloppy pressure fighters. But If porter decides to fight smart and box he can outpoint marquez probably

Btw marquez stated that for the Bradley fight he focused more on speed then strength, Idk if that answers youre question about heredia, but his "decline in power" may have been more of him not sitting on his punches because he knew he would have to be quick to hit Bradley and that he didn't strength train as much.

C'mon Check, Porter will be Bradley with a killer instinct, if he's able to land a Marquez fight. Bradley seemed to have only taken it easy on Marquez, because he wanted to make up for that Provodnikov clusterfuck of his. Lol

I truly don't believe that Juan has the strength the keep WWs off of him...but his "decline in power", may have truly been what you mentioned in your post.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 14 2014, 12:49 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2014, 09:50 AM) *
C'mon Check, Porter will be Bradley with a killer instinct, if he's able to land a Marquez fight. Bradley seemed to have only taken it easy on Marquez, because he wanted to make up for that Provodnikov clusterfuck of his. Lol

I truly don't believe that Juan has the strength the keep WWs off of him...but his "decline in power", may have truly been what you mentioned in your post.

If porter can box and move the way Bradley did against marquez we may have to don him bradleys little brother. He admittedly just copied bradleys style against Alexander lol. But I have yet to see porter "box" as well as Bradley can. If he can do it it would be impressive

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 14 2014, 12:55 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 14 2014, 12:49 PM) *
If porter can box and move the way Bradley did against marquez we may have to don him bradleys little brother. He admittedly just copied bradleys style against Alexander lol. But I have yet to see porter "box" as well as Bradley can. If he can do it it would be impressive

You make me wanna whip up a triangle theory here, but I know you hate them!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 14 2014, 03:24 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I think Porter beats Marquez and may even stop him or make him quit. Porter though short in stature is a big WW. He will walk through Marquez and crowd him and eventually wear him down. He will frustrate him and possibly force him to retire on his stool. Porter's the type that makes for very ugly fights.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 14 2014, 05:59 PM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2014, 11:55 AM) *
You make me wanna whip up a triangle theory here, but I know you hate them!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Louie V Louie V Louie V

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:17 AM