Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Decline of Manny Pacquiao, When??
Franchize
post Feb 12 2013, 09:12 AM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

When he started fighting people who knew how to box. Emphasis on the FIGHTING and BOXING! When he fights fighters, he looks great. He just can't outbox boxers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flazi
post Feb 12 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #12

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

styles makes fights. as long as manny fights boxers that come forward he will be exciting. to me though his decline had to do more with his role outside of boxing. boxing has to be your #1 and requires 100% dedication, not even 90% will do. Pac knows that now. he should have at least 5 or more good fights left in him, if he can make 10-20 million take home, he will be ok and we shouldn't have to worry about him being broke once retired.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 12 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i don't know if i can call it a decline. he's always been very beatable. they just did an excellent job of picking the perfectly diminished fighters and created circumstances that favored pac.

+Quote Post
Dric
post Feb 13 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 13,817

QUOTE (flazi @ Feb 12 2013, 02:27 PM) *
styles makes fights. as long as manny fights boxers that come forward he will be exciting. to me though his decline had to do more with his role outside of boxing. boxing has to be your #1 and requires 100% dedication, not even 90% will do. Pac knows that now. he should have at least 5 or more good fights left in him, if he can make 10-20 million take home, he will be ok and we shouldn't have to worry about him being broke once retired.

I'm not sure Manny has 5 good fights in him after that knockout, unless he faces brawlers and not boxers who can actually box. His invincibility is gone now after that knockout, so you will have more fighters coming to fight thinking they actually have a chance instead of collecting a paycheck.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Feb 14 2013, 06:22 PM
Post #15

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

5 more fights is being generous. i hope he has 5 left but 3 is more realistic.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 17 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 12 2013, 12:42 PM) *
i don't know if i can call it a decline. he's always been very beatable. they just did an excellent job of picking the perfectly diminished fighters and created circumstances that favored pac.

+1. Perfect matchmaking skills is what made Pacquiao a legend and icon. The moment he fought boxers you saw every flaw in his fighting style. I remember the Shane Mosley fight and I was thinking, okay when is he going to cut the ring off and attack Shane or try to counter Shane. It never happened. Marquez exposed Pac in the in all 4 fights. Anytime I fighter can predict what you do before you do it means that there was no growth in the fighter and he didn't learn anything from the first 3 fights. Marquez fought a beautiful courageous fight.

QUOTE (flazi @ Feb 14 2013, 04:22 PM) *
5 more fights is being generous. i hope he has 5 left but 3 is more realistic.

I say 2. If he gets his brain rattled like that again it is over. I have no idea who he planes to fight when he comes back, but it better be against a Castillo (yes Juan Castillo) or a Eric Morales.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 17 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

When the heat got turned up about PEDs is when Manny started to decline. Despite not having fought him, I think Mayweather beat him in the ring of public opinion. I think he may have fought his last 2 without juicing.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 17 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 17 2013, 06:04 PM) *
When the heat got turned up about PEDs is when Manny started to decline. Despite not having fought him, I think Mayweather beat him in the ring of public opinion. I think he may have fought his last 2 without juicing.

We did see the manifestation of his decline after the PED accusations but I believe the decline started long before that, he (Manny) complained of leg cramps in sparring prior to his 3rd fight with JMM and then again before the Margo fight, so the final outcome was inevitable as I feel he had to be weened away from the usage of PEDS because of the growing suspicions surrounding him and his reluctance to concede to testing when Floyd initially asked for it.

I believe Floyd knew long ago that doping was taking place in boxing and now that it has come forward in other sports outside of this sport we can all clearly see that he (Mayweather) was definitely onto something and now it has become abundantly clear that he was right.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 17 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 11 2013, 10:10 PM) *
IMO his decline started after the Cotto fight. Realistically his run as this phenom is not impressive. Beating a corpse in DLH, a weight drained Cotto, who was battered by Margarito and probably lost to Clottey. In that fight, I always wondered if he hadn't of scored those early KD's how Cotto would've performed.

After that he looked avg at best. He beat Margarito like he stole something but he took tremendous punishment in that fight and in one of those later rds, Margarito caught him with some body shots that clearly got to Pacquiao and his face told the story at the end of the night. Mosley or should I say better yet Nazim Richardson laid out a blueprint to beat Manny, Shane was just shot to hell. You can analyze Manny's fights since the Cotto fight and look and see the he's studily declined. The performances just got shittier and shittier. If it wasn't JMM, it would've been somebody else to stop the Pacquiao express

This is an asinine post. Manny beat the tar out of Morales and MAB. He is 6-2-1 against that great Mexican trio. He then moved up and beat a sorry Oscar, but he still whipped him. He then crushed Hatton. He crushed Cotto. He ended Margarito's career early. He beat Clottey and Mosley so bad that they didn't even want to fight. He handled a prime fighter in Bradley. I mean really, what else do you want him to do? He fought big guys, he fought skilled boxers, he fought boxer-punchers, he fought pressure guys, etc.

I think I was pulling for the other guy in 90% of Manny's fights, but saying that he was just matched well and that his run wasn't impressive is idiotic at best.

LoL at you trying to give Nazim Richardson any credit for "laying out a blueprint on how to beat Manny".

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 17 2013, 11:22 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 17 2013, 07:17 PM) *
This is an asinine post. Manny beat the tar out of Morales and MAB. He is 6-2-1 against that great Mexican trio. He then moved up and beat a sorry Oscar, but he still whipped him. He then crushed Hatton. He crushed Cotto. He ended Margarito's career early. He beat Clottey and Mosley so bad that they didn't even want to fight. He handled a prime fighter in Bradley. I mean really, what else do you want him to do? He fought big guys, he fought skilled boxers, he fought boxer-punchers, he fought pressure guys, etc.

I think I was pulling for the other guy in 90% of Manny's fights, but saying that he was just matched well and that his run wasn't impressive is idiotic at best.

LoL at you trying to give Nazim Richardson any credit for "laying out a blueprint on how to beat Manny".

If disrespecting me has to be included in your post then I don't respect it. You see it how you want to keyboard warrior. I call it how I see it. The only idiot or idiotic thing here is your homotional attack on my personal opinion. Now try again, if you can't rsepect me and my opinion and offer a rebuttal in a intelligent manner the don't quote me

LOL at you trying to discredit Nazim's plan. He beat Shane bad, I guess that;s why he was turning Manny all damn night and couldn't even finish him. I'll agree that he crushed Hatton, that 2nd round KO was brutal and even though I was pulling for Hatton int hat comeback fight, deep down I wished he'd stayed retired. That's the kind of punch you never recover from in the ring. Just like the one JMM hit Manny's ass with. Keep Manny's dick in your mouth and stay off mine!!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 06:21 AM