xxxxxx
post Jul 8 2013, 01:56 AM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 7 2013, 11:14 PM) *
Cotto should not have left Pedro.

Would not be surprised if delving beats cotto. Maybe even stops him, delvin is no slouch by any means and I don't think roach can get more out of cotto than diaz

I agree he shouldn't have switched trainers again, but I dont see how Delvin beats Cotto.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 8 2013, 09:26 AM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 7 2013, 05:23 PM) *
im sick of all this virgil hunter bullshit, that guy is not the answer for every fighter, cotto has great defense already. amir khan and him do not mesh together watsoever, and khan has looked worse since joining him. At least roach had khans speed and offense dialed in to perfection, under hunter hes looked like a shell of his former self. virgil hunter cant just take any fighter and turn them into andre ward, ward would have been complete no matter who he trained with, just like floyd. they know how to fight instinctively, they were born to do it. enough with the pom poms

Pfffff...

That egg head of his, gets thumped up in every fight, lol.

I agree with the rest of your post though.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 7 2013, 07:20 PM) *
So Virgil Hill is overrated in your opinion but Roach isn't? What Hill did with that kid Gonzalez was brilliant. It is not so much the technique that Hill uses but the confidence that he gives his fighters during rounds. I think Cotto gets down on himself, Hill would be a constant positive reinforcement for him. No one is saying they will be another Andre Ward, two different fighters. Amir Khan is a shit boxer anyway. Great hand speed and exciting, but there is no cure for stupidity and a glass chin.

It's HUNTER, not Hill. I do agree with the last sentence, though I wouldn't call it stupidity on Khan's part. His heart just gets the best of him, while his brain goes on vacation.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 8 2013, 09:32 AM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I may be in the minority here, but Cotto's bad business moves have surpassed his defeats, and his slow demise is becoming harder and harder to watch.

We forgave him for the Margarito loss, okay. We forgave him for the shaky Clottey performance, okay. We forgave him for the Pacquiao loss, cool. We praised him for leaving Arum, and becoming his own boss, cool.

We forgave him for dropping his uncle, and picking up what's his nuts for the Pacquiao fight. We forgave him for leaving Manny Steward. We forgave him for the Floyd loss, because he looked great in his losing effort, cool.

For some God awful reason, he took the Trout fight...we gave him a hesitant round of applause for even signing for the fight, but we STILL cant figure out why he took it. He losses to Trout, and hias to play second fiddle to Canelo, and NOW he goes to Roach and continues his "free agency" with Top Rank?!

I'm done with the forgiveness...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 8 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 8 2013, 07:26 AM) *
Pfffff...

That egg head of his, gets thumped up in every fight, lol.

I agree with the rest of your post though.

It's HUNTER, not Hill. I do agree with the last sentence, though I wouldn't call it stupidity on Khan's part. His heart just gets the best of him, while his brain goes on vacation.

So if your heart speaks for your head, it means you are stupid to listen to your heart. The brain is suppose to call the shots, not the heart. You see many men fall because they followed their heart and not their head... if you need proof see : Alex Rodriguez who left his fine ass wife to be with Madonna. Damn shame. Or Shaq, who damn near wifed up a girl who sexed Flavor Flav... stupidity.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 8 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

cotto has already had a brilliant career. any highs at this point will just be icing on the cake. whether freddie is right for him or not remains to be seen. i'm not sure what the deal is with top rank...but i'm guessing after his taste of freedom and real money he's probably got the best deal available out there for him after coming off of two losses. i'm not sure this fight against delvin rodriguez is going to be an easy one for him. the chances of him fighting pacquiao in the future are extremely slim because he's not going back down to 147 and pac isn't going up...plus freddie is training him now. in his last two losses...he didn't take a beating at all imo. i'll tune in to see what he has left. i'll be rooting for him.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jul 8 2013, 06:11 PM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Cotto is officially the most confused individual in boxing. Diaz atleast had him in tip top condition which at this point in his career is all he needs. I doubt their is much he can learn at this late stage in his career.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 8 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 8 2013, 07:11 PM) *
Cotto is officially the most confused individual in boxing. Diaz atleast had him in tip top condition which at this point in his career is all he needs. I doubt their is much he can learn at this late stage in his career.

diaz was good...but a little over rated imo. he had cotto leaning all over his front foot and blocking instead of slipping.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 8 2013, 09:42 PM
Post #28

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

those habits seem to have been there all of his career to be honest. hes a left hooker, and they tend to lean on their front foot a lot, and cotto has always been a blocker. he has decent head movement, but its more for offense than defense. cotto does have very underrated defense, and im not talking pure physical defense such as blocking, slipping, rolling etc, im talking being able to predict whats coming and to assess his opponents offense. He did that well with floyd and was able to reduce floyds hit percentage to 25% which is pretty good considering floyd lands 41% for his career totals. he was also able to out box mosley using his defense also, not that that means anything now, im just saying he has defense. I think hes just lacked power in the 154 division. Thats why he has not been so successful in this weight. at 140 he could knock guys out and at 147 he could break guys down or at least keep them honest, but at 154 he cant get any respect, and he cant really hurt anyone either. Hes just in a lose lose situation from every angle in his career right now, so i think hes just cashing in on his name and retiring as another puerto rican legend along with trinidad, gomez and benitez.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 9 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Cotto used to be a killer body pucher. He ended fights at 140 and 147 with devastating body punches. Where is that guy. Is it possible that the higher weight bring bigger and taller guys who can keep him back with a jab, so that he has to keep his hands up and ignore the body. I'm hoping Roach can bring the body punching Cotto back. Maybe he needs his uncle back in his life.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 9 2013, 12:15 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 8 2013, 06:57 PM) *
diaz was good...but a little over rated imo. he had cotto leaning all over his front foot and blocking instead of slipping.

That's because cotto used to just eat the punches lol. He's never been able to slip

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 10:52 AM