IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ward vs Chavez (Topics Merged), Any Interest? At 168?
Cshel86
post Sep 11 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #61

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 11 2012, 11:56 AM) *
I wonder what Chavez jr is getting to fight Martinez this weekend

He's staring $3M in the face, and Sergio is getting about $1.4M.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 11 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #62

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 11 2012, 12:36 PM) *

so chavez could end up with about $10 mill?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 11 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #63

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 11 2012, 01:44 PM) *
so chavez could end up with about $10 mill?

Hell yeah!...if they sell about 2M+ PPVs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'm not sure how many buys they'll do though...maybe about 300-400k. If it does 500k or more, then things will look for Julio in his next few PPVs...not so sure about Sergio's PPV drawing power though.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 11 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #64

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

does anyone have a problem with chavez getting the bigger purse?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 11 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #65

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 02:12 PM) *
does anyone have a problem with chavez getting the bigger purse?

Nope! Not all. Had that not been the case, then we wouldn't be sitting here waiting for the weekend to come. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 11 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 11 2012, 02:11 PM) *
Hell yeah!...if they sell about 2M+ PPVs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'm not sure how many buys they'll do though...maybe about 300-400k. If it does 500k or more, then things will look for Julio in his next few PPVs...not so sure about Sergio's PPV drawing power though.

i'm thinking they'll break the million mark just based on how many ppl i hear talking about this fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 11 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #67

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 11 2012, 02:15 PM) *
Nope! Not all. Had that not been the case, then we wouldn't be sitting here waiting for the weekend to come. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i noticed a lot of ppl complaining about it on fb. thing is...they don't understand how this works i guess. if martinez beats chavez...i don't see his paydays getting much bigger. outside of a fight with floyd...there really isn't any other big money fights for him. he'll have to move up in weight to get that.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 11 2012, 01:23 PM
Post #68

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 02:17 PM) *
i noticed a lot of ppl complaining about it on fb. thing is...they don't understand how this works i guess. if martinez beats chavez...i don't see his paydays getting much bigger. outside of a fight with floyd...there really isn't any other big money fights for him. he'll have to move up in weight to get that.

I agree, and I pay little to no attention to people on FB. They truly dont understand how it works. As you said, even is Sergio beats him, his purses wont go up significantly.

Reminds me of Shane Mosley after beating Oscar twice...his purses didn't "skyrocket" and neither did his fame. Floyd and Manny's did, but that goes to show you hpow big of a part, management and promotion plays...whether someone does it for you, or if you have the gift of gab.

Even if he moves up in weight, a Ward fight may suit his pockets, but hell, he will definitely get the short end of the stick against an accomplished Super 6 winner in Ward. Unless those guys at 168 make a name for themselves, he'll be in the same boat as Ward, of course he wont have a paddle though. Lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 11 2012, 01:36 PM
Post #69

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 11 2012, 02:23 PM) *
I agree, and I pay little to no attention to people on FB. They truly dont understand how it works. As you said, even is Sergio beats him, his purses wont go up significantly.

Reminds me of Shane Mosley after beating Oscar twice...his purses didn't "skyrocket" and neither did his fame. Floyd and Manny's did, but that goes to show you hpow big of a part, management and promotion plays...whether someone does it for you, or if you have the gift of gab.

Even if he moves up in weight, a Ward fight may suit his pockets, but hell, he will definitely get the short end of the stick against an accomplished Super 6 winner in Ward. Unless those guys at 168 make a name for themselves, he'll be in the same boat as Ward, of course he wont have a paddle though. Lol

the thing about sergio is that he rose to the top the old fashioned way....he blazed a serious trail. he should be a huge star. but he's not. i blame his promoter. how do u have a guy with all that talent...who is winning impressively...and is taking on all comers and not make him into a star? he has a 'the look.' i don't think the language barrier has anything to do with it. i think it's because he has a promoter who is stuck on the eastcoast...and he thinks small. martinez lives in the largest latin american market in the country. why isn't he on all the spanish speaking stations? why isn't he endorsing products? why isn't he fighting at places like the staples center? it's an easy sell imo....but his ppl are failing him. i've been at events where his name was announced...or they show him on the big screen..and the crowd usually erupts. now...against chavez...he'll get no love because the majority of those ppl are mexican...but if he should win and is humble in doing so, they'll come to love him again. his ppl need to step up their game and get this man paid. especially if he wins.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 11 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #70

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 11 2012, 12:36 PM) *

That's good for both of them. I heard Dawson's purse was only around $600k

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:02 AM