Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
MaxPayne
post Jun 15 2012, 04:44 PM
Post #21

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

What's the speculation here ? I'm just curious, because why would they not want to weigh gloves ? Seems pretty simple to me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jun 15 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Damn I'm going to be out of town so I might miss this fight. I think Andy Lee can pull off the upset, but then again Chavez camp is trying to get every advantage they can.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 15 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Hmm weighing gloves? Maybe manny caught on to something? This is a rare request

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jun 15 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 15 2012, 04:21 PM) *
We may even have shit before Saturday,

According to Fightnews. com, Lee's team requested that both camps have their gloves weighed just to do what they could to keep everything fair. Lee was willing to do so, and did so, but the Texas Commission spokesperson, Robert Tapia said Chavez Jr. did not have to weigh his gloves so he did not:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/chavez-cam...-request-118438

FUCK THIS SHIT!

Jack

wooooooooooooow

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 15 2012, 07:28 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 15 2012, 05:44 PM) *
What's the speculation here ? I'm just curious, because why would they not want to weigh gloves ? Seems pretty simple to me.

Yep, it's just as simple as giving a thimble-sized amount of blood at ANY GIVEN TIME before a fight...oh wait, it's almost 3 years and counting with no testing...my bad.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 16 2012, 01:08 AM
Post #26

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

The WBC optional open scoring rule (after round 4 and 8) IS in effect tomorrow night, but as Texas has done in the past, it will be for the corners only. (No public PA announcement.) Freddie Roach opposes it because he thinks it can change the complexion of a fight for the reasons we have talked about in the past. There is a good article here: (Points out the +'s and -'s.) I still oppose it because of its past failures, and you are treating a symptom of a problem, not a cause. I'm not convinced that open scoring will lead to better judging. If a judge has a pre-conceived notion to fuck up a fight. how is ANY form of open scoring going to change his attitude?

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/blog/box_exper...?urn=box,wp1710

Jack

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jun 16 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 15 2012, 07:28 PM) *
Yep, it's just as simple as giving a thimble-sized amount of blood at ANY GIVEN TIME before a fight...oh wait, it's almost 3 years and counting with no testing...my bad.

Sir, it's talk like that, that will get you banned from the Top Rank Promotions Christmas list.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 17 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 17 2012, 12:03 AM) *
Sir, it's talk like that, that will get you banned from the Top Rank Promotions Christmas list.

I was dropped off of that list a looong time ago. DuBoef got tired of me begging for a promotion from the mail room to an editorial position. After he gave me the run-around a few times, I got pissed and sent his wife pics of him and some financially illiterate busybody co-worker, from a Christmas party a while back.

Needless to say, I was out of a job. FH had a position open, so I took it! Story of my life...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 17 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 15 2012, 05:44 PM) *

if anyone has worked with foam....it's very easy to figure out why they wouldn't want to weigh the gloves. foam comes in different densities and it's very easy to disguise that under a glove. some foams are much more dense than others and will therefore make a punch feel much harder. the weight will definitely differ. how do i know this? i sometimes work with foams. i have looked into designing my own mitts and studied several pairs of mitts that i have had over the years. u can order custom mitts if u have the money and gloves can be ordered the same way. i'm not suggesting that freddie is cheating...but anything is possible and i would not put it past anyone. gloves should be weighed.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 17 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 17 2012, 01:43 PM) *
I was dropped off of that list a looong time ago. DuBoef got tired of me begging for a promotion from the mail room to an editorial position. After he gave me the run-around a few times, I got pissed and sent his wife pics of him and some financially illiterate busybody co-worker, from a Christmas party a while back.

Needless to say, I was out of a job. FH had a position open, so I took it! Story of my life...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:56 AM