> Arum claims that there no Issues concerning May&Pac Fight
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 10 2011, 04:03 PM
Post #111

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (ks1 @ Aug 10 2011, 03:41 PM) *
Um, Pac couldn't cutoff the ring and finish a shot Mosely who didn't want to be there. All Mosely had to do to survive and keep Pac off him was move a little and throw the occasional jab and tie up Pac when he lunged in. So now I'm supposed to buy that all Pac needs to do is "circle" Floyd and that's it, huh? Yeah...... Where do you get the notion that Floyd is slowing down from? He always fights at a controlled pace. And I'm not sure how you're measuring his "plasticity" (I'll assume you mean flexibility) among other things. What's all this odd talk about "courage" or lack thereof? It won't take any "courage" to tag an off balance fighter. It's a counetrpunchers M.O. I think you're reaching a bit.

Look Pac had an off night and I don't think he was really up for it to be honest. However have a look at the round that Mosley got given that knock down that was really a push. Shoot Pac got angry for a New York minute there and all of a sudden he was able to cut off Molsey, catch Mosley and for a second I thought he might stop him. All in all it was a dud fight and Pac knew it in his heart.

It was a shitty fight that should've never happened and Pac put in a performance that acknowledged that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 10 2011, 04:08 PM
Post #112

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 10 2011, 04:00 PM) *
Actually Pac is a tremendous sharp shooter, it is one of his strengths.

He was more so when he favored that big straight left but roach has implemented timing and combination punching which has taken away from this. He is not extremely accurate with single shots but he does place his punches well. He is not a sloppy fighter by any means. I just don't know how accurate he will be against someone like Mayweather who has a tendency to drastically lower opponents punch output. I also don't know how Mayweather will react to the angles and foot speed of Pac, Hatton troubled May with this for the first two rounds and Hatton is no Pacquiao

This post has been edited by EAlbian: Aug 10 2011, 04:09 PM

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 10 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #113

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 10 2011, 04:03 PM) *
Look Pac had an off night and I don't think he was really up for it to be honest. However have a look at the round that Mosley got given that knock down that was really a push. Shoot Pac got angry for a New York minute there and all of a sudden he was able to cut off Molsey, catch Mosley and for a second I thought he might stop him. All in all it was a dud fight and Pac knew it in his heart.

It was a shitty fight that should've never happened and Pac put in a performance that acknowledged that.

Mosley is no mayweather either...

+Quote Post
ks1
post Aug 10 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #114

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,051

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 10 2011, 05:03 PM) *

I generally agree with you about the fight but, c'mon now, Pac had a flurry of activity after the bogus knockdown but he wasn't near to stopping Mosely in that round. Mosely tied him up and weathered the storm and that was it.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 10 2011, 05:13 PM
Post #115

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Pacquiao is a beast but he is not on Floyd's level. The only thing Pacquiao has that will give Mayweather trouble is that straight left. One-Dimensional. Just like Mosley's right hand, it's going to get neutralized. Expect a UD by lopsided numbers or a stoppage by round 10. I wish I could give Pacquiao more credit, but it's going to be the hard truth for a lot of people.

This post has been edited by sduck: Aug 10 2011, 05:15 PM

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 10 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #116

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (ks1 @ Aug 10 2011, 04:18 PM) *
I generally agree with you about the fight but, c'mon now, Pac had a flurry of activity after the bogus knockdown but he wasn't near to stopping Mosely in that round. Mosely tied him up and weathered the storm and that was it.

I said for a second there. I think Mosley was quite badly hurt in that round. But to be honest Pac was flat that night and didn't really have it in him to go for that KO.

+Quote Post
Hops
post Aug 10 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #117

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

Since Pacquiao is not of Floyd's level, then Floyd should just STFU, pay for the additional blood tests, then whoop Pac's ass.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 10 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #118

QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 10 2011, 05:48 PM) *
Since Pacquiao is not of Floyd's level, then Floyd should just STFU, pay for the additional blood tests, then whoop Pac's ass.

Floyd is fighting someone else and so is Pac so I don't see why everyone is talking about this fantasy match-up. They have both expressed a willingness to fight each other, each demanding certain stipulations, so when they take care of there present opposition they can focus on each other. I don't see how all the burden falls on Mayweather, they have both made request of the other fighter not mandated by any governing body. They are both HOFers but need one another to take them to that next plateau, if they don't fight the blame lies on both fighters.. not one or the other

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 10 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #119

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 10 2011, 06:09 PM) *
Floyd is fighting someone else and so is Pac so I don't see why everyone is talking about this fantasy match-up. They have both expressed a willingness to fight each other, each demanding certain stipulations, so when they take care of there present opposition they can focus on each other. I don't see how all the burden falls on Mayweather, they have both made request of the other fighter not mandated by any governing body. They are both HOFers but need one another to take them to that next plateau, if they don't fight the blame lies on both fighters.. not one or the other

+1. Well said.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 10 2011, 08:07 PM
Post #120

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

QUOTE (ks1 @ Aug 10 2011, 04:41 PM) *
Um, Pac couldn't cutoff the ring and finish a shot Mosely who didn't want to be there. All Mosely had to do to survive and keep Pac off him was move a little and throw the occasional jab and tie up Pac when he lunged in. So now I'm supposed to buy that all Pac needs to do is "circle" Floyd and that's it, huh? Yeah...... Where do you get the notion that Floyd is slowing down from? He always fights at a controlled pace. And I'm not sure how you're measuring his "plasticity" (I'll assume you mean flexibility) among other things. What's all this odd talk about "courage" or lack thereof? It won't take any "courage" to tag an off balance fighter. It's a counetrpunchers M.O. I think you're reaching a bit.

I don't think Manny was entirely prepared to fight a guy who didn't want to engage. Unless Pac bum rushed Mosley (giving Mosley his only shot to win), there isn't much a fighter can do against an experienced veteran who still has power and speed but doesn't want to throw a punch unless given an open target. However, Roach and Pac are already prepared for movement if it comes down to it. You don't beat guys like Pac and Floyd if they already know how you're gonna fight (i.e. Hatton).

Having watched Mayweather's recent fights very closely, notably the last two, I think the added muscle to his shoulders and legs have robbed him of fluidity and energy. He was incapable of putting a combination together down the stretch against Marquez, and if you pay close attention and turn off the announcers, he gets hit with a number of clean body punches, including one which buckled his knees against Mosley. I think Floyd feels tired down the stretch of fights lately and I think the years of candy, soda, no vitamins, and no conditioning coach are taking a slight toll on him. He's still perhaps the top fighter in the world, but he's not what he once was. His father has expressed the same thoughts.

It certainly takes courage to fight back and counter against Pacquiao. He's very rarely in range when he lunges off balance, and Morales and Marquez would never have given him the trouble that they did had they not struck Pac with some trepidation with their power and aggressive retaliations. Mayweather can sit back and counter if he wants, but he's not going to win that way. It's not only "circling" that Pac has to do, but also lead, then counter and get into that sort of rhythm. Mayweather has never faced movement, speed, intelligence, and power in one opponent before.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:28 AM