IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it ducking if Pacquiao opts to not fight Timothy Bradley?
Cheesey1
post Aug 29 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

Agreed.
For me, he would definitely be ducking. Some will say that he didn't lose the first one, so how can he be ducking? Whatever. I know what I saw, it was close and could probably have gone either way, but it went Bradley's way, so he won. If the Saint takes a pass, then he doesn't't want to be caught in 'the Desert Storm' a second time.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Aug 29 2012, 10:47 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 29 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

as a fan....i don't care about which fighter brings him more money. he's gonna make a killing fighting anyone. as a fan...i think he's already got a wins over jmm and cotto. he's got a loss against bradley. that needs to be made right first and foremost. choosing to fight either of the two guys he already beat cannot be viewed as anything but a duck. sad part of it all....it doesn't matter which of the three he faces...he's losing his next fight.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 29 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 29 2012, 09:39 AM) *
The economical sense CANNOT be ignored here...hence why people are waiting in the wind to see who his next opponent will be. Let me rephrase that, the people who "actually give a damn" are waiting in the wind to see who his next opponent will be. Lol

Anyhow, I wouldn't really consider it a duck, if he choose not to fight Tim. Honestly, in my opinion, Bradley needed that fight, more than Manny. Dont get me wrong, Tim is formidable opponent for Manny (who has been fighting dead bodies), but the fact that not many people gave a damn, cancelled all of that.

Maybe that's why the "robbery" happened...so Arum could spark more interest in the fight, regardless of whether or not it happens again. Manny fighting Bradley, means less money for Manny. It's a known fact that this fight "tanked" in comparison to Manny's past PPV numbers, other than that mystery Mosley number, which I believe tanked as well.

That said, Manny cant make those huge guarantees that he always makes, if Tim is his next opponent. Tim wants more money for a rematch, and both of these guys cant get more than they did in the first fight, if the numbers are expected to decline again...something's gotta give.

Stuff like this, is a shining example of why a 50/50 split will NEVER happen. Yes, Manny Pacquiao is still the 1A or 1B fighter of the world, but he shouldn't be compensated on the strength of that alone...especially if he's being held back from making the money that he really deserves...thanks to his promoter and the other leeches around him. Why isn't Jinkee his damn manager???

Yea I guess it is tough to leave out the business aspect of things with this argument, but in the sense of pride, doesn't it make more sense that PAC avenges his official loss against Bradley, rather than avenge his 2 wins and a draw to Juan Manuel Marquez. I just think Manny has more to prove fighting Bradley instead of Marquez.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 29 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 29 2012, 01:37 PM) *
Yea I guess it is tough to leave out the business aspect of things with this argument, but in the sense of pride, doesn't it make more sense that PAC avenges his official loss against Bradley, rather than avenge his 2 wins and a draw to Juan Manuel Marquez. I just think Manny has more to prove fighting Bradley instead of Marquez.

Gotcha! From a pride stance, of course he has to go back and fight Bradley. If anything, he beat himself by taking the first 2 mins off of every round, so yes, he should make that right.

I still dont necessarily think its a duck job by him (economically speaking), but honestly, if he's smart, he'd fight Bradley next, then go back to the well with JMM. If it's done in reverse order, then he'd look shitty against JMM, and it would appear that he had to prove himself twice over, heading into a Bradley rematch.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Aug 29 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I don't think it is ducking at all. I'm a huge critic of Top Prank and if anything, I'd gain more respect for him. It's been a while since a rooted for Manny because of the shady shit that goes on within his camp and mamagement, but I'd applaud him if he said FUCK YOU to a rematch. But then again, I'd have to see what his reasoning is for turnng it down too. Don't turn it down and fight someone even less challenging. I have respect for Bradley but that fight went about the way I expected until the decision. Bradley did show he, @ least, belonged in the same ring. If Manny goes and fights a guy like Brandon Rios however, I'm going to lose even more respect for him. I think if Manny says "look, I'm either fighting Mayweather @ 147 or Cotto at 150 or more. If not...I'll just retire", I wouldnt blame him for turning down Bradley. Even those few ppl who feel Bradley won won't even say it was an impressive display of boxing. It was a clumsy clusterfuck of poor technique vs lack of explosion and REGARDLESS of the outcome, it does not need to be repeated. I felt Amir Khan hit Judah low even though he absolutely outclassed him. Doesn't mean I want to see the shit ever again! lol

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 30 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

No I don't think it would be ducking. It would be ducking if majority saw Bradley winning but getting robbed (like Marquez).

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 30 2012, 02:23 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 29 2012, 03:25 PM) *
I don't think it is ducking at all. I'm a huge critic of Top Prank and if anything, I'd gain more respect for him. It's been a while since a rooted for Manny because of the shady shit that goes on within his camp and mamagement, but I'd applaud him if he said FUCK YOU to a rematch. But then again, I'd have to see what his reasoning is for turnng it down too. Don't turn it down and fight someone even less challenging. I have respect for Bradley but that fight went about the way I expected until the decision. Bradley did show he, @ least, belonged in the same ring. If Manny goes and fights a guy like Brandon Rios however, I'm going to lose even more respect for him. I think if Manny says "look, I'm either fighting Mayweather @ 147 or Cotto at 150 or more. If not...I'll just retire", I wouldnt blame him for turning down Bradley. Even those few ppl who feel Bradley won won't even say it was an impressive display of boxing. It was a clumsy clusterfuck of poor technique vs lack of explosion and REGARDLESS of the outcome, it does not need to be repeated. I felt Amir Khan hit Judah low even though he absolutely outclassed him. Doesn't mean I want to see the shit ever again! lol

fair enough. all good points. but one of us has to go against the grain otherwise there's no debating. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Aug 30 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

Yes. The ONLY fights for Pacman at this point are BRADLEY or MAYWEATHER. It's very clear and simple.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 30 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 29 2012, 03:25 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 30 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Aug 30 2012, 06:31 PM) *
Yes. The ONLY fights for Pacman at this point are BRADLEY or MAYWEATHER. It's very clear and simple.

This

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:27 PM