IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do You Defeat The Klitschko Brothers?
alaganza
post Jul 18 2011, 04:32 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 76

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 17 2011, 10:59 PM) *
I wonder if Vitali had not had that hideous cut forcing the stoppage, would he have won? I would say yes, I think Lewis would have been stopped in about the 10th round.

I wonder if Lewis would have been in shape if the fight would be that close.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jul 18 2011, 04:44 AM
Post #12

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

I wonder why Lewis didn't get paid for the rematch.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jul 18 2011, 07:05 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 17 2011, 09:59 PM) *
I actually had Vitali-Lewis 3-3 at the stoppage, even though Vitali was more effective at winning his rounds that Lewis was at winning his rounds. That fight was one of the best heavyweight wars for recent years.

I wonder if Vitali had not had that hideous cut forcing the stoppage, would he have won? I would say yes, I think Lewis would have been stopped in about the 10th round.

Lewis was coming on very strong even though he was clearly out of shape and exhausted. I think he would have either gotten Vitali out in the next couple of rounds or he would have been ko'd late. Great fight.

I always find it interesting that Lewis, who was essentially a clean fighter, threw a very late shot after the bell in the 6th - and so the last professional punch of his career was an intentional cheap shot. Just a little factoid.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 18 2011, 08:56 AM
Post #14

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

The Klitschko's are very skillful. Other big men aren't as quick or as smart as they are. Credit must be given, they fight the only way they really can, and they fight to their complete potential. Of how many athletes can you say that without hyperbole? They've been so dominant and have made it look so easy that nobody takes any consideration for the disadvantages inherent in being so big. For one, you're a big ass motherfucker whose heart literally can't pump enough blood to handle a fast pace fight, and are also susceptible to sudden fatigue and breathlessness. If you're looking for a model of consistent excellence, it probably wouldn't be from a 6'6'' lumbering giant.

Whoever is going to beat them is gonna have to back them into the ropes and unleash rib-crushing body shots. That requires some speed, a good deal of power, good stamina, a solid chin, and more than a little courage. All qualities their current line of opponents simply dont have. Otherwise, one would have to force the Klitchko's into a fire fight and hope to wear them out that way. Good luck.

This post has been edited by Eighty88Eight: Jul 18 2011, 08:56 AM

+Quote Post
blackbelt2003
post Jul 18 2011, 01:17 PM
Post #15

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 84

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 18 2011, 05:51 AM) *
i like Joe Louis but he's not beating Vitali. i think he would have some success against him but Vitali would beat him just due to the size difference. Wlad is a different story, i think he puts on a clinic in that one. i could see Louis beating him by a wide margin.

Remember if Louis was around today he'd be a lot bigger than the 185-200lb's he weighed throughout his career.

He'd have bulked up scientifically and would be the kind of size Adamek is. That would be big enough for him to outbox and punish Vitali IMO. I think Adamek may give Klitschko trouble with his speed and skills, so Louis would have a field day.

Black

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 18 2011, 01:31 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 18 2011, 09:56 AM) *
Whoever is going to beat them is gonna have to back them into the ropes and unleash rib-crushing body shots.

It's already been proven, more than once, that it does NOT take backing "them into the ropes and unleashing rib-crushing body shots".

This post has been edited by Method: Jul 18 2011, 02:02 PM

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Jul 18 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #17

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 17 2011, 09:49 AM) *
They are NOT dominant fighters. With the size advantage they have over EVERYONE ELSE, they should be putting motherfuckers to SLEEP in DOMINANT fashion. Fighting scared, biting on ervery damn feint because you are scared of your own shadow is embarrassing. Its a total SHIT division, and if they were dominant, they'd be blowing dudes out. They're not. Wladdy fights like an amateur. I dunno. Thee guys do nothing for me. Absolutely NOTHING.

They are though. Simple, they dominate this era. Yep, it's a poor era, one of the divisions worst but the fact remains they still dominate it. Like it or not, it's the truth.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Jul 18 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #18

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

From where I sit, you need a 12 gauge shotgun. David Haye showed us something. Wlad was tagged by a few leaping lead right hands. Wlad also moves very slowly going backwards. Put intelligent pressure on him and check his chin with bombs. Someone that can use athletic ablities stands a shot at beating Wlad. Agility, smarts, and power will do the job.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 18 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jul 18 2011, 02:17 PM) *
Remember if Louis was around today he'd be a lot bigger than the 185-200lb's he weighed throughout his career.

He'd have bulked up scientifically and would be the kind of size Adamek is. That would be big enough for him to outbox and punish Vitali IMO. I think Adamek may give Klitschko trouble with his speed and skills, so Louis would have a field day.

Black

i think Louis doesn't lose by a wide margin but drops rounds because of Vitali's style. he wants to make you come to him and always puts a punch out to keep you back. i see Louis dropping early rounds trying to figure him out. i think it would be a solid 116-112 for Vitali. in a 15 round fight i think Louis could make it real close.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 18 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #20

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 18 2011, 02:31 PM) *
It's already been proven, more than once, that it does NOT take backing "them into the ropes and unleashing rib-crushing body shots".

Just because it's been attempted doesn't mean it wouldn't work. Physical talent is assumed here. You're not gonna beat a Klitschko on strategy alone.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:53 PM