Cshel86
post Jan 10 2014, 02:05 PM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 10 2014, 12:37 PM) *
Damn, this is very plausible. Never looked at it that way

I'm wondering when they plan on announcing his next opponent. They need time to activate the sponsorships and put together the press tour, and of course the fighters need to train for the fight. Maybe Guerrero really is in the mix to land the fight. Either way whoever Pacquiao fights I don't see strong PPV numbers rolling in

Sad part is, most (if not all) of that shit is true. When was the last time we saw Jessie Vargas? On the same card as Bradley/Provodnikov? Wasn't that his WW debut, or 2nd fight at WW, at best? It was a while ago, when the birdies were saying that Vargas was brought on the built up to a Pacquiao fight.

Arum wanted Rios to fight Pac in April '13, but we all know who ruined that (JMM). So Arum rolled with an immediate Rios/Alvarado rematch, leaving Vargas with no credible opponent, whom I believe was supposed to be Alvarado at that time (since he lost to Rios) on the undercard of Bradley/Ruslan....but money had to be made because Manny got floored by JMM. With that in mind, Arum took that late March date.

Bradley was supposed to get blitzed by Ruslan, but we saw how that dude wouldn't be counted out. The birdies said that Bradley had ALREADY had problems with his TR contract after only two fights (Casamayor and Pac), hence why he was already talking that "sitting out" shit. From what I remember, "managers and attorneys" got involved on Bradley's behalf, hence why that Peterson rematch never happened.

So, we know how Arum gets...when you're talking that "leaving TR" shit, he has something for ya...which in Bradley's case, was Provodnikov. Yes, Bradley was ALREADY planning an exit, mainly because he was "promised" that $10M rematch with Pac in Nov. '12, but none of that shit was on paper. Bradley was also "promised" a Pac fight if he agreed to leave Shaw, hence why he sat out of the Khan in July '11. Had it taken place before hand, then we would've gotten that fight, but dudes think Shaw is a fair promoter...nah, he tried that "here's the fight AND the extension". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyhow, since Bradley was "promised" that Pac fight and actually got it, he figured that Bob was gonna give him that rematch that he "promised" him, JUST like the first Pac fight that he promised...but oh, wait, that shit was on paper...unlike the "rematch", lol. Nice try Tim.

So yes, that Peterson/Bradley fight that was supposed to take place at the end of '12, was supposed to put Peterson in the game since he and Bradley had history from the first fight. Not to mention that the Judah/Peterson purse bid was a clusterfuck...I think the bid was like $50k...peanuts.

THAT was Bob's opportunity to snag up Lamont and again, "talk away" those drug transgressions, but Bradley was being such a fuckwad, and GBP had already gotten back to Lamont...possibly offering him a Khan rematch. Remember, the Peterson brothers were with TR when they're careers picked up, but they were black..so you know how that goes...they got dropped. I believe Lamont kept that in mind, but again, he was in a sticky situation and needed a meaningful fight and some public damage control that only Arum can do.

As for this upcoming Pac fight, YES, they need to hurry the hell up with the promotion and sponsorships...April is right around the corner. Now that I think about it, since Bob tried to stick to U.S. about these taxes, I wonder where he'll Pac's next fight. He tried to bluff NSAC, but they didn't budge, so he really did have to hold the fight outside of the U.S.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Jan 10 2014, 04:46 PM
Post #42

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 10 2014, 12:30 PM) *
2 best fighters or 2 of the best fighters?

2 of the best fighters in the 140 and 147 pound divisions. I would probably say they are the 2nd and 3rd best in 140/147 with Floyd obviously being #1.

+Quote Post
KEVINKYLE
post Jan 11 2014, 01:21 AM
Post #43

Amateur

Member No.: 14,103

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 6 2014, 11:56 AM) *
All reports are pointing to Pac vs. Bradley in April. I am not sure how I feel about this fight but I guess in terms of boxing it is a win win situation. If Bradley beats Pac, then we can scream for a Tim and May fight in September, this is the last fight on Bradley's contract so he could be free to fight May in September. However, if Pac wins, then there is hope for the people who still want to see May vs. Pac next year. I would like Bradley to win because, I honestly think he could give Mayweather fits in the ring. The guy always finds a way to win. So do ya'll like and why?

I'm all for it! Like you said, sense he always finds a way to win, he will definitely beat Pacqiuao and we will see Bradley vs Floyd anyway. However, they really don't want Bradley because they know Bradley is a high risk fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 11 2014, 07:04 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (KOpower @ Jan 10 2014, 03:46 PM) *
2 of the best fighters in the 140 and 147 pound divisions. I would probably say they are the 2nd and 3rd best in 140/147 with Floyd obviously being #1.

I agree

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 11 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 10 2014, 01:05 PM) *
Sad part is, most (if not all) of that shit is true. When was the last time we saw Jessie Vargas? On the same card as Bradley/Provodnikov? Wasn't that his WW debut, or 2nd fight at WW, at best? It was a while ago, when the birdies were saying that Vargas was brought on the built up to a Pacquiao fight.

Arum wanted Rios to fight Pac in April '13, but we all know who ruined that (JMM). So Arum rolled with an immediate Rios/Alvarado rematch, leaving Vargas with no credible opponent, whom I believe was supposed to be Alvarado at that time (since he lost to Rios) on the undercard of Bradley/Ruslan....but money had to be made because Manny got floored by JMM. With that in mind, Arum took that late March date.

Bradley was supposed to get blitzed by Ruslan, but we saw how that dude wouldn't be counted out. The birdies said that Bradley had ALREADY had problems with his TR contract after only two fights (Casamayor and Pac), hence why he was already talking that "sitting out" shit. From what I remember, "managers and attorneys" got involved on Bradley's behalf, hence why that Peterson rematch never happened.

So, we know how Arum gets...when you're talking that "leaving TR" shit, he has something for ya...which in Bradley's case, was Provodnikov. Yes, Bradley was ALREADY planning an exit, mainly because he was "promised" that $10M rematch with Pac in Nov. '12, but none of that shit was on paper. Bradley was also "promised" a Pac fight if he agreed to leave Shaw, hence why he sat out of the Khan in July '11. Had it taken place before hand, then we would've gotten that fight, but dudes think Shaw is a fair promoter...nah, he tried that "here's the fight AND the extension". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyhow, since Bradley was "promised" that Pac fight and actually got it, he figured that Bob was gonna give him that rematch that he "promised" him, JUST like the first Pac fight that he promised...but oh, wait, that shit was on paper...unlike the "rematch", lol. Nice try Tim.

So yes, that Peterson/Bradley fight that was supposed to take place at the end of '12, was supposed to put Peterson in the game since he and Bradley had history from the first fight. Not to mention that the Judah/Peterson purse bid was a clusterfuck...I think the bid was like $50k...peanuts.

THAT was Bob's opportunity to snag up Lamont and again, "talk away" those drug transgressions, but Bradley was being such a fuckwad, and GBP had already gotten back to Lamont...possibly offering him a Khan rematch. Remember, the Peterson brothers were with TR when they're careers picked up, but they were black..so you know how that goes...they got dropped. I believe Lamont kept that in mind, but again, he was in a sticky situation and needed a meaningful fight and some public damage control that only Arum can do.

As for this upcoming Pac fight, YES, they need to hurry the hell up with the promotion and sponsorships...April is right around the corner. Now that I think about it, since Bob tried to stick to U.S. about these taxes, I wonder where he'll Pac's next fight. He tried to bluff NSAC, but they didn't budge, so he really did have to hold the fight outside of the U.S.

Arum messed up when he took that fight to China, I think he knows that. It was a good idea but the timing wasn't right. Soon as that fight was over the BIR and the IRS rocked Manny's world. He's saying the fight will be at the MGM. If so watch the IRS dip in them pockets.

I forgot Lamont and Anthony were with TR, their careers picked up but the meaningful fights didn't come til afterwards. Lamont always talks about promoters being the devil and that he wanted to stay independent

Bradley will leave, in my opinion and Arum may not see it now but he will later. If he allows Bradley to walk then he'll be in trouble

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 26 2014, 11:50 PM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Sigh...so the answer is clear (for those who haven't read)...Bradley has signed an extension...so we can forget about any fight outside of TR. Grab your kleenex and make sure your woman doesn't see you crying over this...its worth a tear or two. LOL

I'm about to merge these two threads by the way

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 07:21 PM