IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT)-Donaire vs. Rigondeaux-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
aTYpicalTYrant
post Apr 13 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #11

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2013, 03:47 PM) *
Yo T, just keep checkin' in, you're due for some big laughs and some round-by-round action! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You know I will! I had to choose between working this weekend or next. It was a tough call but I really want to see the Alvarez/Trout fight more. I know my FightHype squad will hold me down tonight
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2013, 03:53 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 13 2013, 09:47 PM) *
Wow! Controversy so close fight time causing cancellation? Have to say though, it wouldn't be the first time. What do you think will go wrong, Mgrover?

Jack

I don't know, but this is a fight of the best two outta three in a division that are separated from the pack, and these two are both special in there own way I just think something is likely fuck up

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 13 2013, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 13 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #13

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

Oh, but I'm feeling bold today! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I feel a Pac/Marquez 4 type of shocker coming...okay, maybe not that dramatic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Donaire is talented, but I see no greatness in him. I think he's been well matched in a small weight class in which he gets to play giant.

Rigondeaux, on the other hand, exudes greatness, but lacks the pro experience to have proven it. But it's there. The mongoose, as I've nicknamed him, has extraordinary balance, supreme intelligence, is extremely fast with both hands and feet, technically brilliant with great placement and accuracy, has some good bite in his punches (especially the left hook/uppercut) and is defensively elusive. He's the complete package.

In this fight, Donaire has aimed to convince himself that Rigo is not in his class...and he'll be anxious to prove that to Rigo, the crowd, and himself in the ring. His aggression will be his downfall because he's sloppy when he's aggressive and leaves himself off-balance and open to counters. The mongoose will be there waiting patiently - intelligently - with quickness and power, and a hybrid left uppercut/hook that downs the giant by round 5. (Oh yes, I'm calling it! Lol)

Donaire will get up...and Rigo, not known as a finisher (and somewhat wary of Donaire's power, will allow him to see the later rounds. But after the knockdown, Nonito's confidence will be shot, allowing Rigo to rack up rounds for a close UD victory.

The end. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 13 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 13 2013, 11:02 AM) *
This may be my first super fight! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm probably not gonna be able to sleep after this one. I noticed how i get emotional after some fights, like after Marquez knocked out Pacquiao i could just feel the world tilt on its axis. There was a different feeling in the air.

Imma stay with Rigondeaux. I think it will be a body shot that finally takes Nonito out after he gets downed once or twice by a good Rigo counter. The second half of the fight when Nonito is known to gas out is when Rigondeaux will impose his will and completely break Nonito. If he survives that long. Body shot KO 8th-9th round.

I am picking Rig late in the fight maybe round 10 or 11. Donaire seems to fade when the late rounds approach. I think Donaire will try to impose his will damn early but Rig will be able to adjust. he has a damn good trainer in Diaz so I think he will be okay. I wonder will the HBO cheerleaders will mention the whole Victor Conte being booted from Donaire's camp. Maybe someone had Cloudy piss!! Just maybe we will get a real fight tonight and not some BS judging. I already know that Ledderman's card will be way the hell off he. He will have it 10-2 for Donaire. This fight should set up the mega fight with Mares vs. the winner. only 6 more hours gentlemen!

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Apr 13 2013, 11:08 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

how does Rigo deal with that left hook?? It'll make him more cautious, he avoids the left hook sure, if he goes to counter hes in line for the right hand.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 13 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #16

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 13 2013, 05:03 PM) *
Oh, but I'm feeling bold today! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I feel a Pac/Marquez 4 type of shocker coming...okay, maybe not that dramatic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Donaire is talented, but I see no greatness in him. I think he's been well matched in a small weight class in which he gets to play giant.

Rigondeaux, on the other hand, exudes greatness, but lacks the pro experience to have proven it. But it's there. The mongoose, as I've nicknamed him, has extraordinary balance, supreme intelligence, is extremely fast with both hands and feet, technically brilliant with great placement and accuracy, has some good bite in his punches (especially the left hook/uppercut) and is defensively elusive. He's the complete package.

In this fight, Donaire has aimed to convince himself that Rigo is not in his class...and he'll be anxious to prove that to Rigo, the crowd, and himself in the ring. His aggression will be his downfall because he's sloppy when he's aggressive and leaves himself off-balance and open to counters. The mongoose will be there waiting patiently - intelligently - with quickness and power, and a hybrid left uppercut/hook that downs the giant by round 5. (Oh yes, I'm calling it! Lol)

Donaire will get up...and Rigo, not known as a finisher (and somewhat wary of Donaire's power, will allow him to see the later rounds. But after the knockdown, Nonito's confidence will be shot, allowing Rigo to rack up rounds for a close UD victory.

The end. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Exactly how i feel about Donaire and Rigondeaux, spot on. Really Good vs Great.

Wouldn't be surprised at another Filipino Plank. That left hand of Rigondeaux is possessed.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

can someone post when this starts, just on my way home

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 13 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #18

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 13 2013, 08:09 PM) *
can someone post when this starts, just on my way home

11PM (ET) 10PM(CT) 8PM(PT)

Note that only one fight is scheduled. ( I always add 30 minutes to recording time anyway on the DVR.)

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

whats that for UK time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 13 2013, 04:25 PM) *
I agree about the Arum situation. HBO now HAS to pom-pom him and his fighters, because they can't afford to lose him.

Jack

Agreed

Can you imagine, coerced nutthuggery??? Who'da thunk? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 13 2013, 04:51 PM) *
You know I will! I had to choose between working this weekend or next. It was a tough call but I really want to see the Alvarez/Trout fight more. I know my FightHype squad will hold me down tonight

Looks like you made a great choice, being that you really didn't have a choice anyway. :lo: Both fights should be good, so in sense, you didn't have a choice. Glad I didn't have to make any hard decisions this weekend. My hardest decision thus far, has been whether or not I wanted to spend an extra $8 on my 1800 Tequila, since it was on sale this weekend.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:00 AM