IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kimbo Slice vs Sean Gannon - Kimbo gets KTFO, A sign of what is to come on Feb 16th?
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Jan 17 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #1

All Hail The Buffalo

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,298

Here is the video of Kimbo getting his ass handed to him by a very limited fighter named Sean Gannon. If you have 10 minutes to burn, you should definitely watch the video. If nothing else, it shows you that Kimbo's chin is VERY suspect. Sean Gannon is/was a Police Officer and probably is in the same kind of shape as Tank.

Kimbo's people keep jumping in to save him, altering the rules, and giving Kimbo an excessive amount of time to recover. But in the end, Kimbo was exposed.

I just read on a site where they want Kimbo to have a rematch with Sean Gannon on Showtime Elite XC once he "get's past" Tank. I think they are looking just a bit too far................ WAR TANK!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wq_OQEjVwvM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chi-Town
post Jan 17 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Member No.: 4,311

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 17 2008, 12:35 PM) [snapback]375096[/snapback]
Here is the video of Kimbo getting his ass handed to him by a very limited fighter named Sean Gannon. If you have 10 minutes to burn, you should definitely watch the video. If nothing else, it shows you that Kimbo's chin is VERY suspect. Sean Gannon is/was a Police Officer and probably is in the same kind of shape as Tank.

Kimbo's people keep jumping in to save him, altering the rules, and giving Kimbo an excessive amount of time to recover. But in the end, Kimbo was exposed.

I just read on a site where they want Kimbo to have a rematch with Sean Gannon on Showtime Elite XC once he "get's past" Tank. I think they are looking just a bit too far................ WAR TANK!

I understand the point you are trying to make, but Gannon had MMA training experience at that time and Kimbo had never had any formal training so I don't think this video really has any bearing on the future. Yet and still though, he did lose and his handlers were wrong for doing everything they could including cheating and improperly intervening.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Jan 17 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 17 2008, 01:35 PM) [snapback]375096[/snapback]

That Vid is very old and Kimbo is very green in it. His Chin is also fine his stamina at that time was definitely lacking though.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Jan 17 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

I saw this video and I can't stand Kimbo Slice. The Mercer fight proved nothing considering his reputation was built on his hand skills but he barely throw a punch in that fight preferring to take the old man down to the mat..

I'm not an MMA fan but I hope someone gets rid of this farce..

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jan 17 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #5

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Kimbo had no training for this fight! If they fought now, I think Kimbo would win. But I admit, I think Kimbo's chin is very suspect. He was rocked by a dude named Chico that seemed to be about 40 pounds less than him! Kimbo won the fight but if that was anyone in MMA, Kimbo would have been put to sleep!!!!

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Jan 21 2008, 10:02 AM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 5,717

QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 17 2008, 06:15 PM) [snapback]375130[/snapback]
Kimbo had no training for this fight! If they fought now, I think Kimbo would win. But I admit, I think Kimbo's chin is very suspect. He was rocked by a dude named Chico that seemed to be about 40 pounds less than him! Kimbo won the fight but if that was anyone in MMA, Kimbo would have been put to sleep!!!!

If Kimbo and Gannon fought in a cage now, Kimbo would tap.

But other than that I agree with your post.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Jan 23 2008, 07:32 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

This is the Video that made Kimbo famous. Respect the beard and the chin.
undefined

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Jan 23 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 23 2008, 07:32 AM) [snapback]376096[/snapback]
This is the Video that made Kimbo famous. Respect the beard and the chin.
undefined

His beard hat can't help him on the ground.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-242622883882295550

He looks like an 18 wheeler trying to parallel park at Walmart. Anybody with 5 minutes of Judo (and doesn't get hit) will work this guy over on the ground.

*cough* Housten Alexander *cough*

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Jan 23 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 23 2008, 09:07 AM) [snapback]376100[/snapback]
His beard hat can't help him on the ground.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-242622883882295550

He looks like an 18 wheeler trying to parallel park at Walmart. Anybody with 5 minutes of Judo (and doesn't get hit) will work this guy over on the ground.

*cough* Housten Alexander *cough*

You got to crawl before you can walk. I know that he will beat tank, though.

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Jan 23 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 23 2008, 09:51 AM) [snapback]376104[/snapback]
You got to crawl before you can walk. I know that he will beat tank, though.

It will be the most intense 15 seconds of Kimbo's fight career thusfar!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:08 AM