IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ref and the Judges for May 4th/Mayweather Interview, Good Selection?
Dolimite
post Apr 9 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-guer...so-named--64192

Well the stage is set? How did you like the judges (too old in my opinion and I have never been sure about Julie Ledderman).

The ref, Byrd is just okay with me. Seems like a set up!

http://fighthype.com/news/article14169.html

A great interview by Floyd. Was a little surprised to see him at the game but I guess everyone needs a break. And I knew he was going to say Tupac! This is the Floyd I rather hear and read about. I guess he is maturing... good job!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 9 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #2

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 9 2013, 12:48 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-guer...so-named--64192

Well the stage is set? How did you like the judges (too old in my opinion and I have never been sure about Julie Ledderman).

The ref, Byrd is just okay with me. Seems like a set up!

http://fighthype.com/news/article14169.html

A great interview by Floyd. Was a little surprised to see him at the game but I guess everyone needs a break. And I knew he was going to say Tupac! This is the Floyd I rather hear and read about. I guess he is maturing... good job!

I don't concern myself too much with the refs and even less with the judges. A fighters team has to do that bit of leg work. Don't know much about Guerrero's team, but Mayweather's team usually handles their business in terms of objections, questions, etc. At this level, it's imperative.

Btw, I trust Julie's eyes above her fathers. I don't recall any terrible cards from her. But Harold...smh.

I dislike biased/involved/incompetant referring as much as anyone, but one of my pet peeves is when a fighter blames the ref after a fight for a loss. As I see it, a fighter has to fight his/her fight, STAY FOCUSED, make adjustments and move ALL obstacles out of their path. That includes a bad ref. Risk, the DQ if you must...but win YOUR fight. Treat the darned referee like he's invisible (as he's supposed to be). And if he's injecting himself into your fight...then treat him like part of your opponent, make adjustments, and beat (both of) them.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 9 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i can see this fight getting dirty quick. both guys are rough in the trenches. byrd is going to have his work cut out for him and hopefully we don't get a situation like the ortiz fight. as for the judges...i think it's fair to say that robert is not going to win a decision. he'll have to ko floyd to win. while i do believe he's going to give floyd his roughest fight to date...even with his pops in the corner and him committing to boxing instead of trading....i can't see floyd getting ko'd. he may get dropped though.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 9 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 9 2013, 03:34 PM) *
i can see this fight getting dirty quick. both guys are rough in the trenches. byrd is going to have his work cut out for him and hopefully we don't get a situation like the ortiz fight. as for the judges...i think it's fair to say that robert is not going to win a decision. he'll have to ko floyd to win. while i do believe he's going to give floyd his roughest fight to date...even with his pops in the corner and him committing to boxing instead of trading....i can't see floyd getting ko'd. he may get dropped though.

Floyd has never been dropped. You think Robert has the punching power to drop him? That is a pretty interesting statement. Did he drop Berto, I do not remember him doing so, I will have to go look at the fight again.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 9 2013, 07:50 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 9 2013, 07:26 PM) *
Floyd has never been dropped. You think Robert has the punching power to drop him? That is a pretty interesting statement. Did he drop Berto, I do not remember him doing so, I will have to go look at the fight again.

yes...i think robert can drop him. robert did drop berto. i have a feeling....mayweather is going to have to dig deeper than he ever has for this win.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 9 2013, 07:51 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 9 2013, 09:01 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Where's Kenny Bayless when you need him? Don't get me wrong, Byrd and Weeks are as good as they come, but those crazy facial expressions and hard warnings from Bayless, always adds extra excitement to a fight...and leaves no room for nonsense. Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 10 2013, 12:56 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 9 2013, 07:26 PM) *

Zab dropped his ass and didn't get credit, that glove touched the canvas..it was an obvious blown call

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 10 2013, 01:00 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 9 2013, 07:50 PM) *
yes...i think robert can drop him. robert did drop berto. i have a feeling....mayweather is going to have to dig deeper than he ever has for this win.

He dropped him with those dirty boxing tactics though, he aint dropping Floyd, I'd be more surprised if he did but anything can happen but I don't see that happening. Berto had an identity crisis right before our eyesI don't think his power is all that impressive at 147. He beat a unknown in Aydin and ate pointless shots, he beat a mentally weak Berto coming off a year layoff and he ate pointless shots..no impressive. He did what he was supposed to do. I know he's game but I need more evidenced as to him putting Mayweather on the canvas because using Berto as a measuring stick is pointless...the stuff he did in that Berto fight won't work in this one

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 10 2013, 01:10 AM
Post #9

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 9 2013, 07:50 PM) *

I dunno, Prof...that Berto "drop" (particularly the first one) was a hold and hit job. Don't see Floyd allowing that...but maybe The Ghost will shock me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2013, 09:01 PM) *
Where's Kenny Bayless when you need him? Don't get me wrong, Byrd and Weeks are as good as they come, but those crazy facial expressions and hard warnings from Bayless, always adds extra excitement to a fight...and leaves no room for nonsense. Lol

Lol. So true, Kenny is definitely no nonsense in there.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 10 2013, 12:56 AM) *
Zab dropped his ass and didn't get credit, that glove touched the canvas..it was an obvious blown call

That's true. But it was hard to call. Even in slow motion and from different angles it was a challenge to see. But you're absolutely right, the glove touched.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 10 2013, 07:12 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 10 2013, 01:56 AM) *

While it doesn't take away the fact his glove DID touch the canvas...you can hardly say "Judah dropped his ass"...that so called KD was the softest KD ever (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:12 PM