IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Poll bitches: Do you think Guerrero deserves a shot at Floyd?
Does Guerrero deserve a shot at Floyd?
Vote suckas
Guerrero needs to beat a top 5 WW. [ 15 ] ** [88.24%]
Guerrero has done enough and deserves a shot [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
Franchize
post Nov 26 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 26 2012, 12:31 PM) *
give guerrero his shot. i don't hear too many other ppl calling floyd out the way guerrero has been. i think he puts up a better fight than floyds last 6 opponents.

Huh? Everyone calls Floyd out lol Including even Keith Thurman.

N I think Floyd would relish Guerrero fighting him like he did Berto. Essentially, Guerrero would be trying to out-Cotto Miguel Cotto. Considering Guerrero got hit with moe flush shots by Bert than Cotto did by Floyd, I think he outta try something different.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 26 2012, 07:51 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 26 2012, 07:33 PM) *
Huh? Everyone calls Floyd out lol Including even Keith Thurman.

N I think Floyd would relish Guerrero fighting him like he did Berto. Essentially, Guerrero would be trying to out-Cotto Miguel Cotto. Considering Guerrero got hit with moe flush shots by Bert than Cotto did by Floyd, I think he outta try something different.

and he pretty much ignores them when they do. something tells me he's going to hear guerrero's call out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

guerrero isn't as crafty or skilled as miguel...but he's a bit quicker on the trigger and may land an embarrassing shot or two on floyd. i get the feeling guerrero won't be looking to survive against mayweather...he'll go balls to the wall. he definitely has more skill and ability than ortiz. fresher and younger than shane. between mayweathers inactivity...and his difficulty with southpaws...i can see guerrero having his moments.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 26 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Marcus @ Nov 26 2012, 04:40 PM) *
Mayweather-Guerrero:

-Interesting 24/7 as aforementioned they talk shit about each other. Guerrero's the christian family man/woman respecting guy. Mayweather fresh out, money team, addressing 50 cent soap opera, Ray J playing his piano again, riding rolls royces with Rick Ross.

-Guerrero could be marketable but he needs 1 more fight on the card of perhaps Garcia-Judah in february to strengthen his fan base against Floyd. Alexander, Maidana(Ghost would out box him), Mallinagi(Won't happen. Malinaggi-Cano 2), Bradley (FUCK no-Top Prank), Josesito Lopez (Wouldn't get credit. Josesito a 140er just got MASSACRED by a 154er), Ortiz(GREAT FIGHT. Ortiz always will bring it). I see him Generating 1.2 Million for Floyd.

- Guerrero NEEDs to fight his next fight in february because Mayweather will only fight in May/September. It takes 6 months to build a PPV fight. He was able to do 4 months w/Cotto because Cotto's the 3rd biggest draw in the sport after Pac. Not the same with Guerrero however as it wasn't with Ortiz.

-Definitely possible being that Schafer said he spoken to Floyd and they have something in the works. Mayweather NEEDs a tuneup with his layoff at his age. For Floyd to gun straight for Canelo would be unwise. He needs to get back into fighting shape mentally and physically and Roger said that Floyd hasn't even been in the gym training since coming home.

-Another easy $40M for floyd. 1.2 M PPV's. I'd be included in the 1.2 M.

-If Mayweather fights Ghost Canelo will DEF happen in September 2013 because Cotto will be available post his december fight for a unification bout (Trout will give him solid work though). Cotto-Canelo/Mayweather Guerrero may be on the same card if Floyd decides to fight Ghost. Ironic that Mayweather would be the main event if it were to happen this way being that Canelo-Cotto is the better/bigger fight.

-Floyd will get so much backlash for fighting Guerro.

- Guerrero has fought better opposition than Canelo, that doesnt mean he is deserving of a Mayweather bout. Canelo is a bigger draw still.

-If the fight happens Ghost will not fight on the inside like he did against Berto. Official wont allow it. Mayweather wont allow it. Pot-Shot all day. Straight right hand down the pipe.

-Dont compare the Ghost's inside fight game to WarCotto's. Cotto has way more boxing skills, better footwork, better angles, better defense, better jab, and he's more pwerful.

-IF the fight does happen, with Guerrero's chin, i don't see him getting knocked out, BUT if he allows himself to take shots from Floyd the same way he did against Berto.... then i hope it was worth the money....

-If Floyd fight's Ghost in Feb, then Canelo in Sep 2013. He will hang the gloves for good after getting that WBC 154 title.

$40M for Floyd and 1.2M buys for Mayweather/Guerrero? Really? It's hard to crack 1M PPVs...hell, it's hard to crack 700k if you're not careful.

Cotto/Canelo and Mayweather/Guerrero will NOT be on the same card...they'd make more money with those cards being separate. If Floyd/Guerrero is the main event, then we'd probably see Canelo vs Molina, Bundrage, or Angulo...and me thinks that GBP will do that Canelo/Angulo on a B.A.D. card.

Mayweather's had a pattern of fighting in May and Sept, but he can pretty much fight on any month of the year. He fights on these Mexican holidays, but his opponent isn't always Mexican, so that should tell you something.

Me thinks that if Kell Brook comes to the U.S. on Jan. 19th, embarrasses and beats Alexander, and has another fight in the UK (dragging Paulie over there and beating him or fighting Khan) before the summer, then we could see a potential opponent for Floyd by the end of the year. There's no telling who Floyd will fight in May...hell, he may just take a Brook fight in May...who knows.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Nov 26 2012, 11:11 PM
Post #24

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2012, 09:25 PM) *
$40M for Floyd and 1.2M buys for Mayweather/Guerrero? Really? It's hard to crack 1M PPVs...hell, it's hard to crack 700k if you're not careful.

Cotto/Canelo and Mayweather/Guerrero will NOT be on the same card...they'd make more money with those cards being separate. If Floyd/Guerrero is the main event, then we'd probably see Canelo vs Molina, Bundrage, or Angulo...and me thinks that GBP will do that Canelo/Angulo on a B.A.D. card.

Mayweather's had a pattern of fighting in May and Sept, but he can pretty much fight on any month of the year. He fights on these Mexican holidays, but his opponent isn't always Mexican, so that should tell you something.

Me thinks that if Kell Brook comes to the U.S. on Jan. 19th, embarrasses and beats Alexander, and has another fight in the UK (dragging Paulie over there and beating him or fighting Khan) before the summer, then we could see a potential opponent for Floyd by the end of the year. There's no telling who Floyd will fight in May...hell, he may just take a Brook fight in May...who knows.

I mean he did 1.4 Million with Ortiz. Only a hundred thousand short of what he did with Cotto. Who would've thought that ortiz wouldve broken a record with floyd at one point? If Guerrero gets a solid WW as his next opponent like Alexander theres no telling how much it will sky rocket his drawing potential.

His opponent isn't always mexican... but he always fights on mexican holidays?... LOL thats something in of it self. Perhaps the mexican holidays are the ones in which he Draws the most PPV money. The most recent fight that wasn't on a mexican holiday was the Hatton fight. And that has not generated more PPV buys then all the fights after it that have been on mexican holidays regardless of the opponent.

I dont see Kell Brook putting a clinic on Alexander. Would probably be a snoozer.
I DOUBT HIGHLY that Mayweather even knows who Kell Brook is. If he is to fight he's gunning for the Money, hence the name. Guerrero has the potential to generate that for Floyd if he's matched right and promoted right in his next fight.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Nov 26 2012, 11:15 PM

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Nov 27 2012, 12:00 AM
Post #25

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 26 2012, 01:59 PM) *
floyd dominated cotto. some ppl only gave cotto 2 rounds. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

guerrero is taller...and a little rangier/faster than cotto. add the southpaw stance....there's a strong chance he does better than cotto.

Mayweather dominated Cotto with a messed up hand, a cold, and fighting at welterweight...odds are if the fight does happen, it may be an easier win than the Cotto fight.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Nov 27 2012, 05:59 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Marcus @ Nov 26 2012, 04:40 PM) *
Mayweather-Guerrero:

-Guerrero could be marketable but he needs 1 more fight on the card of perhaps Garcia-Judah in february to strengthen his fan base against Floyd. Alexander, Maidana(Ghost would out box him), Mallinagi(Won't happen. Malinaggi-Cano 2), Bradley (FUCK no-Top Prank), Josesito Lopez (Wouldn't get credit. Josesito a 140er just got MASSACRED by a 154er), Ortiz(GREAT FIGHT. Ortiz always will bring it). I see him Generating 1.2 Million for Floyd.

Actually, I think Lopez/Guerrero is a great matchup. These two guys go get it with reckless abandon at times. I'd love to see that one. I think it can go either way. Two smallish WW's that will go toe to toe. Could be very entertaining. It doesnt go 12. i'm a fan of both of these guys. I wouldnt mind seeing Mayweather/Guerrero, but that fight isnt gonna happen realistically. Mayweather is on the shelf until a "beatable" guy emerges that generates $$. If Guerrero was to beat Bradley, then i think mayweather would consider fighting him. Bradley/Guerrero is another one that I'd like to see. I think the Ghost decisions Bradley. I'm a huge Bradley fan too, but I think his lack of power and reach is a huge detriment at this weight class. Nobody fears his power, so they can go all in. Alexander may actually win a rematch with Bradley at WW.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 27 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Marcus @ Nov 26 2012, 11:11 PM) *
I mean he did 1.4 Million with Ortiz. Only a hundred thousand short of what he did with Cotto. Who would've thought that ortiz wouldve broken a record with floyd at one point? If Guerrero gets a solid WW as his next opponent like Alexander theres no telling how much it will sky rocket his drawing potential.

His opponent isn't always mexican... but he always fights on mexican holidays?... LOL thats something in of it self. Perhaps the mexican holidays are the ones in which he Draws the most PPV money. The most recent fight that wasn't on a mexican holiday was the Hatton fight. And that has not generated more PPV buys then all the fights after it that have been on mexican holidays regardless of the opponent.

I dont see Kell Brook putting a clinic on Alexander. Would probably be a snoozer.
I DOUBT HIGHLY that Mayweather even knows who Kell Brook is. If he is to fight he's gunning for the Money, hence the name. Guerrero has the potential to generate that for Floyd if he's matched right and promoted right in his next fight.

Nope...he did 1.25M with Ortiz, so no records were broken there. If anything, the Ortiz fight did 100-200k more than the Marquez fight, which I believe was right at 1M or 1.1M buys. Even if Guerrero fights and beats another top WW, then fights Floyd, those number will probably be stable..somewhere around 1M...maybe.

Yeah the Hatton fight was "strike while the iron is hot" fight...let's not forget that Floyd had JUST fought Oscar months before that. The Mexican holiday picked up from there. Again, at this point of his career, he can fight any month of the year and do decent numbers...couldn't have said that before the Oscar fight.

Mayweather knows who Kell Brook is, he knows who all of these fighters are...regardless of what he wants people to believe. If you're a guy that sits back and waits to strike while the iron is hot, then I'm sure he's been hearing Brook's name.

All of that "Who is that guy, I don't even know who he is", is a stunt, Floyd knows who these guys are. I stopped believing everything Floyd says, years ago. And yes, I believe Brook has a strong chance to upset Alexander, who has yet to add a new wrinkle to his game...he's just comfortable at his current weight.

Quick question, how good was Ricky Hatton's resume before he fought Floyd? Not really much to brag about...but he DID have a HUGE fan base, which equals ticket sales and views. If Brook comes over here and embarrasses Alexander (who Floyd possibly has his eye on), then whose to say that he wont fight Brook???

Guerrero slowed down his own train with that injury before the Maidana fight, so he has to play catch-up. Beating Berto puts his name out there a bit, but that cow has been milked by Ortiz already, because he was the first to beat him. Guerrero's potential to generate money is very slim...he can hardly sell tickets in his own town, and that's a bad way to start negotiations. WE know who Guerrero is, but has he made a huge statement with casual fans???

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Nov 27 2012, 12:00 AM) *
Mayweather dominated Cotto with a messed up hand, a cold, and fighting at welterweight...odds are if the fight does happen, it may be an easier win than the Cotto fight.

Mayweather had a great fight with Cotto, but Cotto won more than 2 rounds in that fight. That was NOT an easy fight for Floyd, sorry, but you guys put waaay too much mustard on Floyd's fights, and tend to believe everything that he says. He was knocked down a peg or two in that fight, believe it or not. When was Floyd a WW in that fight? Im just curious.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 27 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #28

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

In my opinion, when you are a top tier fighter, you should never fight guys that leave you in a lose/lose situation. People keep comparing Ortiz and Guerrero because they both beat Berto. Ortiz was marketable not because he beat Berto but HOW he beat Berto. That fight bordered on being a classic. Plus, people believed Ortiz power would give Mayweatehr real problems. I don't think Mayweather stands to gain anything from fighting Guerrero. If he wins, he'll get a modest pay day by his standards and he would have beat a guy that no casual fan believes had a chance anyway. If he loses, he lost to a guy who isn't even a big name. Then the "is he old and rusty" talks start coming out as do the "he never would have beta Manny" talks. Furthermore, a Guerrero fight right now kills a bargaining advantage in the neverending Pac/May negotiations. He would probably hault his streak of topping Manny in PPV buys and a loss would kill his record advantage. Guerrero has to do something worth talking about. I don't really even think there was a buzz after the Berto fight and it's less than a week old. If anything, just people wanna see it again.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 27 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Nov 27 2012, 01:00 AM) *

that was actually sarcasm on my side. i thought cotto won 4-5 rounds and i actually think cotto will do better in a rematch. guerrero brings different problems to the table than cotto or ortiz.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Nov 27 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #30

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Ahh i didn't think it would be true but now Mayweather does have interest in this fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I can easily see it happening. Robert Guerrero is in contact with schaefer (however you spell it) and golden boy. Mayweather (as most boxers) fight under the same promotions, unless the names are a draw themselves. So the deal contract deal is already done, Guerrero gets another big win under his belt then he is more of a commodity with the promotion. Mayweathers come back fight, against "up and coming lion" (dont be surprised to hear that on the 24/7) could become marketable.

Because this is one of Mayweather's many "Comeback" fights, i see robert guerrero being more of a tuneup for Mayweather than a real threat. lol easy paycheck.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 03:11 PM