IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will it be more of the same when the day comes that DeBeouf takes over Top Rank?
Col Reb
post Dec 7 2013, 12:23 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

I don't know much about him, but will duBoef be Arum 2.0 or will there be a new era at Top Rank? Will the Cold War end? Will fighters be treated better? Just curious as to what people think the future holds.

This post has been edited by Col Reb: Dec 7 2013, 06:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 7 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

If the fighters are treated poorly then Top Rank will go out of business. I expect Top Rank to run the same when Arum leaves.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 7 2013, 11:50 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

I'd hope the cold war ends and these super fights can be made

+Quote Post
Get0ffdanutzz
post Dec 8 2013, 09:12 PM
Post #4

Amateur

Member No.: 10,420

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Dec 7 2013, 12:50 PM) *
I'd hope the cold war ends and these super fights can be made

TR needs GBP a lot more than GBP needs them.

Super Fights? Let's name some of the better TR fighters:

Manny- ok he is one of the few fighters who has "super fight" potential with GBP. His contract is up in 2014 He will rcv a 1 million dollar bonus if he fights twice in 2014. Who knows what 2015 holds for him.

Chavez? According to fight hype his contact Is almost over? But even if it wasn't no "super fight" to be made with GBP. Who would be his Gbp option? Kid chocolate? Not a super fight

Rigondeaux- no super fight at super bantamweight with a GBP fighter, But if he moves to 122 - a Leo Santa Cruz fight. Good fight but not "super"

Bradley- he would have a lot of options with GBP fighters but he's not a draw and no "super fight" but good fights for fight fans

Also TR has nonito and Mikey Garcia. Some great matchups at featherweight. - Chris John, Gary Russell,mares and potential Santa Cruz all great fights. But super? Not yet.

The Cold War will end with TR calling Soon. Bob just turned 82, I'm sure his son in law knows he needs gbp for the future.

This post has been edited by Get0ffdanutzz: Dec 8 2013, 09:13 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 8 2013, 09:50 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Easy, the answer is no. DeBeouf will NEVER take over TR, because Arum will never die. It's our fault though...the public detests him so much, so he'll never go away. Maybe things will shake up, when we start liking him one of these days...

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 8 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Dec 6 2013, 11:23 PM) *
I don't know much about him, but will duBoef be Arum 2.0 or will there be a new era at Top Rank? Will the Cold War end? Will fighters be treated better? Just curious as to what people think the future holds.

Yes it will be more of the same, let's not forget that Bob still has his kids wrapped into this and they will be sure to carry out Arum's wishes or at least see to it that they are fulfilled.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 9 2013, 10:31 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Time will only tell but my answer is yes, he has a great relationship with people within the industry. I've only heard Schaefer say negative things about him but you have to take that with a grain of salt because he despises anything related to Top Rank. He lied and said Floyd wants nothing to do with DuBoef when in fact that's not true, they both admit they keep in contact and have a good relationship, one where they always keep the other in the loop on what how each other's children are doing....this man, DuBoef said last week that of a fight between Manny and Floyd were to take place it would happen on Showtime...anybody who does the proper research will see that Todd is a standup guy, he just gets hit in the line of fire because his step dad is Bob Arum.

It's easy to categorize him because of his affiliation with Arum but anybody who does their due diligence will see he's different. I've met the guy numerous occasions, he's a solid guy. He shouldn't be criticized for things associated with Arum. I fully expect a new Top Rank once he takes over

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 10 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #8

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Bob Arum is my version of Jerry Jones. The moment Jerry Jones is out of the Cowboys way they will win a Superbowl. I honestly feel when Todd does take over things will change. There will be no reason for Todd to continue Arum's insane business practices. I met Todd on two occasions and he seems like a really cool dude. Hopefully, Todd will see that he will have more options if he opens up and starts making real fights. Bob is getting old because he is starting to believe his own BS>

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 10 2013, 02:15 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Things may change slightly but not dramatically. There still won't be any big fights happening among the 2. You may see Top Prank willing to dangle Guillermo or Tim across enemy lines because they really don't care about them either way. Other than that, I highly doubt much will change.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 03:42 AM