IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!, Fight Will Be On PPV and Closed Circuit! (Topics Merged)
Who Wins Mayweather-Guerrero
Pick The Winner!
Mayweaather by decision (close) [ 8 ] ** [57.14%]
Mayweather by decision (wide) [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Guerrero by decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14

Franchize
post Apr 12 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #31

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

The great fighters stay in shape. Mosley, Mayweather, Hopkins...I never really see them get super fat and then have to shed a bunch of pounds. "Stay ready so you don't have to get ready." Guerrero looked flabby as shit and the 1st episode of All Access made it seem as if he didn't start camp when he intended to. That could just be smoke in mirrors and editing though. That being said, I hope they show more of the guys training. I don't need to see the trumped up story lines anymore. We all know Floyd is flashy and his opponent is going to be painted as the sympathetic good guy. Let's move on. I wanna see what these guys are doing to prepare for the fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 12 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 12 2013, 01:16 PM) *
The great fighters stay in shape. Mosley, Mayweather, Hopkins...I never really see them get super fat and then have to shed a bunch of pounds. "Stay ready so you don't have to get ready." Guerrero looked flabby as shit and the 1st episode of All Access made it seem as if he didn't start camp when he intended to. That could just be smoke in mirrors and editing though. That being said, I hope they show more of the guys training. I don't need to see the trumped up story lines anymore. We all know Floyd is flashy and his opponent is going to be painted as the sympathetic good guy. Let's move on. I wanna see what these guys are doing to prepare for the fight.

Roberto Duran was notorious for packing on pounds in between fights.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 12 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #33

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 12 2013, 06:15 PM) *
Roberto Duran was notorious for packing on pounds in between fights.

DURAN WAS a god in the ring-- something special. I recall people comparing Pac to Duran-- LMAO -- to even think of him on the same level should result in incarceration..

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 12 2013, 05:57 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 12 2013, 06:03 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 12 2013, 09:37 AM) *
Some people still believe the earth is flat.

Wait a minute, it isn't?!

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 13 2013, 07:25 AM
Post #35

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 12 2013, 07:03 PM) *
Wait a minute, it isn't?!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 13 2013, 07:47 AM
Post #36

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 11 2013, 08:06 PM) *
How many fights has he had since then. I know how much the health care system is in and that is why I refused to be a part of that bullshit. Money should never be an indicator for how many lives that can be saved. But good old capitalism. They should be covered then again I have no idea what kind of insurance he has. I did see Trout's house and it still looked better than Guerrero's. I didn't expect fort knox but his truck was pretty laid out. But who knows, maybe that is what they like and who am I to judge?

Since his wife's chemo, radiation, etc.? I'm sure 3 or 4, but here's what you may be overlooking: This is an ongoing thing. There is still a requirement for her nausea meds, anti-rejection meds, immunodeficiency drugs. As far as his insurance goes, I haven't the faintest, but I'd be willing to bet some serious scratch, it's not nearly enough. As far as the healthcare system goes in this country, well, let's just say, I'm a bit conflicted.....

Personally, both those houses looked the upper west side of Downtrodden to me. I can't decipher a winner b/t constipation and diarrhea. LOL. I don't mean to be callous, but rather highlighting, exactly how much money these dudes are NOT making, while I suspect their promoters are doing quite well...off of THEIR fights.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Soooo....I just watched this shit again, and I need you guys to help me out here...

Just how in the hell does Floyd Sr. manage to look older than his own mom? I mean, how is that even possible?

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Apr 13 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #38

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2013, 12:49 PM) *
Soooo....I just watched this shit again, and I need you guys to help me out here...

Just how in the hell does Floyd Sr. manage to look older than his own mom? I mean, how is that even possible?

Drugs

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 13 2013, 04:00 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 13 2013, 04:47 AM) *
Since his wife's chemo, radiation, etc.? I'm sure 3 or 4, but here's what you may be overlooking: This is an ongoing thing. There is still a requirement for her nausea meds, anti-rejection meds, immunodeficiency drugs. As far as his insurance goes, I haven't the faintest, but I'd be willing to bet some serious scratch, it's not nearly enough. As far as the healthcare system goes in this country, well, let's just say, I'm a bit conflicted.....

Personally, both those houses looked the upper west side of Downtrodden to me. I can't decipher a winner b/t constipation and diarrhea. LOL. I don't mean to be callous, but rather highlighting, exactly how much money these dudes are NOT making, while I suspect their promoters are doing quite well...off of THEIR fights.

Where he lives is a farming community. A lot of migrant workers and non US citizens who work on the land. That area of Northern Cali is not the nicest but I think with the cost of living he could afford a better house. I mean apart of getting well is being around new fresh surroundings but who knows. I know that her pills are not joke and her meds probably are in the thousands a month. She just seems down. Even in the 700 club interview she seemed so uncomfortable. During All Success she just looked so uncomfortable. I liked her quiet strength. Guerrero seemed like a bitter asshole. But maybe that is what is the fire that gets him motivated and burning. So whatever works.

Our healthcare system is for profit. I was going to be a Pharmacist but when I found out how the drug companies operate I did a moral check and said screw that. I think the promoters are the biggest jerks out there. No other sport does the manager or agents get paid more than than the athletes. Something needs to change. It really does. Is Guerrero half white?

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Apr 13 2013, 10:01 AM) *
Drugs

Drugs, alcohol, and stress. He looks old. +1

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Apr 13 2013, 04:01 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2013, 12:04 AM
Post #40

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Apr 13 2013, 02:01 PM) *
Drugs

Damn Im hoping that's not the answer. To be honest...that sounds like the answer though...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:19 PM