IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV-Bradley-Pacquiao II@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS, No Public Streams (BETA CHAT WITHIN) (Post 1)
Franchize
post Apr 20 2014, 08:57 AM
Post #151

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I just watched HBO's coverage of the fight. (I had a stream on fight night). My goodness. Jim Lampley is worse than Merchant now. I had Merchant on the stream unfortunately. He wasn't nearly as bad as Merchant. Jim Lampley is suck a dick rider. In fact, in between the 5th and 6th, Joel Diaz said "you're making him miss. I know Jim Lampley is over there probably saying he landed every fucking punch." And that's exactly what happened lol. Furthermore, every time Roy Jones and Max Kellerman said something good about Bradley, Lampley felt it imperative to counter it with a compliment to Pacquiao and downplay whatever they said. Manny definitely won the fight, but he was wildly inaccurate and I had Bradley winning 5 rounds. By no means was it a dominant performance as many suggested.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 20 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #152

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2014, 02:52 PM) *
First, no one gave an ounce if credit to Bradley for any of those wins including myself. Many felt that Bradley was 1-2 prior to his rematch with Pac. No one even mentioned elite and Bradley in the same sentence. Including me. I think Tim finds ways to win and he has massive heart. He is dedicated to his craft but he is not elite. No one is saying Pac is not an elite fighter. But what he didn't do was beat an elite fighter in Bradley. What made Pac elite was his style of fighting, apparently he no longer has that punching power or aggressiveness due to whatever.

I believe Lamont and Ruslan could give Bradley fits now. I like Tim but no way was I disillusioned about what kind of fighter he was. I picked him to win last Saturday, because I thought he would outbox Manny.

Bro, what are you smoking over there? You don't give Bradley credit for beating Alexander, Peterson, JMM, and Ruslan?! Please tell me that you're just trolling here.

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Apr 18 2014, 05:31 PM) *
why is everybody all of a sudden trying to downplay bradley? and now all of a sudden manny is a boxer? manny has had the ability to box for the last 8 years. Hes been outboxing guys his hole career, its just that it gets overshadowed by his punching. manny stopped being a brawler back when he mastered his right hand and totally reinvented his footwork. mannys footwork used to be a mess, now its some of the best in the game.

So his footwork was great in the 3rd JMM fight?! It wasn't even that great last weekend...he was off balance for most of the fight. I'm not saying that his footwork is the worst, but it certainly isn't the best in the game. I like his "in & out" movement, because it makes him who he is, but it cost him in the 4th JMM fight.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 20 2014, 09:57 AM) *
I just watched HBO's coverage of the fight. (I had a stream on fight night). My goodness. Jim Lampley is worse than Merchant now. I had Merchant on the stream unfortunately. He wasn't nearly as bad as Merchant. Jim Lampley is suck a dick rider. In fact, in between the 5th and 6th, Joel Diaz said "you're making him miss. I know Jim Lampley is over there probably saying he landed every fucking punch." And that's exactly what happened lol. Furthermore, every time Roy Jones and Max Kellerman said something good about Bradley, Lampley felt it imperative to counter it with a compliment to Pacquiao and downplay whatever they said. Manny definitely won the fight, but he was wildly inaccurate and I had Bradley winning 5 rounds. By no means was it a dominant performance as many suggested.

What else did you expect, bro? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

They were "pro-Bradley" for the first 5 rounds, but they even took that a bit too far by that Tim has that "Hagler" power. LOL

From that point on, they hopped back on the Pac train. It's almost like they were routing for Tim, but Tim let us all down after a while. If anything, Manny was a good source to fall back on, if we're speaking of d*ck riding...which I'm sure they didn't have a problem doing. Lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 20 2014, 02:58 PM
Post #153

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 20 2014, 02:57 PM) *

the only way it was dominant in my eyes is that some of the rounds Bradley won were close, same for Manny, so I could see why people would swing one way or another

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 20 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #154

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2014, 10:23 AM) *
Bro, what are you smoking over there? You don't give Bradley credit for beating Alexander, Peterson, JMM, and Ruslan?! Please tell me that you're just trolling here.

So his footwork was great in the 3rd JMM fight?! It wasn't even that great last weekend...he was off balance for most of the fight. I'm not saying that his footwork is the worst, but it certainly isn't the best in the game. I like his "in & out" movement, because it makes him who he is, but it cost him in the 4th JMM fight.

What else did you expect, bro? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

They were "pro-Bradley" for the first 5 rounds, but they even took that a bit too far by that Tim has that "Hagler" power. LOL

From that point on, they hopped back on the Pac train. It's almost like they were routing for Tim, but Tim let us all down after a while. If anything, Manny was a good source to fall back on, if we're speaking of d*ck riding...which I'm sure they didn't have a problem doing. Lol

When watching Bradley at that time, I based the majority of my view of Bradley wins of what the other guys didn't do. Does that make sense? I don'tggive credit to Alvarez over Trout. It is what Trout didn't do. Bradley has earned every accolade but at that time I was spectacle. Juan win was earned and that was a mistake but Ruslan I am still spilt. Shouldn't you still be in church?

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Apr 20 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #155

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

canelo beat trout.

edit: trout sucks, i think we know that now

This post has been edited by klonopinz: Apr 26 2014, 08:52 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 21 2014, 09:09 AM
Post #156

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 20 2014, 03:58 PM) *
the only way it was dominant in my eyes is that some of the rounds Bradley won were close, same for Manny, so I could see why people would swing one way or another

We gotta thank Tim for making it a fight in the beginning, and we also have to thank Manny for his work in the second half of the fight. I agree, both guys left something to be desired...Manny missed a lot of shots, but Tim did nothing during those lulls...so yes, those close rounds could swing to either of them.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 21 2014, 09:24 AM
Post #157

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 20 2014, 05:53 PM) *
When watching Bradley at that time, I based the majority of my view of Bradley wins of what the other guys didn't do. Does that make sense? I don'tggive credit to Alvarez over Trout. It is what Trout didn't do. Bradley has earned every accolade but at that time I was spectacle. Juan win was earned and that was a mistake but Ruslan I am still spilt. Shouldn't you still be in church?

Yes it does make sense, though I don't wholeheartedly agree...but nonetheless, it makes sense. Lol

It's not so much about what the other guys didn't do...it was more about what Bradley didn't allow them to do. In some instances, I agree with you, but his will to win and aggressiveness, kept most of them at bay.

He clearly took Devon's soul...he hardly wanted to exchange with Bradley and couldn't keep him off. I get ulcers watching that fight, but I had to face the music and see who really wanted it more...clearly, it was Bradley. At the time, I didn't like Bradley, so I was in denial about Devon basically getting shutout and bitching up when things got rough.

Provodnikov was in pure disbelief when he realized that no matter how many times he hurt Tim, he couldn't get him outta there....a total mindfuck. The JMM fight had to be the easiest for Tim. Let me rewind it back to the Peterson fight...Tim was actually super sound in that fight, and of course he brought his A-game. Did you forget about the Holt fight???

Damn...Tim had a nice ass resume!!! Holt, Peterson, Campbell (gate keeper), Witter, Abregu, Alexander, Ruslan, JMM, Pac (twice)...hmm. Anyway, please don't even attempt to debate with me about the Trout/Alvarez fight, pleeeease! We all saw how Trout fought Rodriguez, and how he fought Lara...he just doesn't do a great job asserting himself. It's not about what Trout didn't do in the Canelo fight, it was more about Canelo doing what Trout should've been doing...asserting himself.

And no...i didn't even go to church yesterday. Mofos were holy and covered in the blood of Jesus on social networks yesterday, but went straight back to ratchett when that silly Housewives show came on last night. My girl knew damn well not to invite me to church yesterday...told her to chill with that stuff a while ago.

I had a real bad anxiety attack this past Wednesday, so I was out Thursday and Friday...though I was originally gonna be out on Friday anyway. Crazy thing is, me and my girl were together allll last week...from Tuesday through Sunday morning. With that said, my anxiety can't be that bad, if I didn't think about stabbing myself for being around her that long. Gladly, she stepped off the gas and allowed me to chill...those attacks usually come on strong when my anger is triggered...gotta do something about that. Lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2014, 02:13 PM
Post #158

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2014, 06:24 AM) *
Yes it does make sense, though I don't wholeheartedly agree...but nonetheless, it makes sense. Lol

It's not so much about what the other guys didn't do...it was more about what Bradley didn't allow them to do. In some instances, I agree with you, but his will to win and aggressiveness, kept most of them at bay.

He clearly took Devon's soul...he hardly wanted to exchange with Bradley and couldn't keep him off. I get ulcers watching that fight, but I had to face the music and see who really wanted it more...clearly, it was Bradley. At the time, I didn't like Bradley, so I was in denial about Devon basically getting shutout and bitching up when things got rough.

Provodnikov was in pure disbelief when he realized that no matter how many times he hurt Tim, he couldn't get him outta there....a total mindfuck. The JMM fight had to be the easiest for Tim. Let me rewind it back to the Peterson fight...Tim was actually super sound in that fight, and of course he brought his A-game. Did you forget about the Holt fight???

Damn...Tim had a nice ass resume!!! Holt, Peterson, Campbell (gate keeper), Witter, Abregu, Alexander, Ruslan, JMM, Pac (twice)...hmm. Anyway, please don't even attempt to debate with me about the Trout/Alvarez fight, pleeeease! We all saw how Trout fought Rodriguez, and how he fought Lara...he just doesn't do a great job asserting himself. It's not about what Trout didn't do in the Canelo fight, it was more about Canelo doing what Trout should've been doing...asserting himself.

And no...i didn't even go to church yesterday. Mofos were holy and covered in the blood of Jesus on social networks yesterday, but went straight back to ratchett when that silly Housewives show came on last night. My girl knew damn well not to invite me to church yesterday...told her to chill with that stuff a while ago.

I had a real bad anxiety attack this past Wednesday, so I was out Thursday and Friday...though I was originally gonna be out on Friday anyway. Crazy thing is, me and my girl were together allll last week...from Tuesday through Sunday morning. With that said, my anxiety can't be that bad, if I didn't think about stabbing myself for being around her that long. Gladly, she stepped off the gas and allowed me to chill...those attacks usually come on strong when my anger is triggered...gotta do something about that. Lol

I try to forget the Kendall Holt fight but then I look at my account and say... that mf cost me 50 bucks! Holt surprised me with his weak ass strategy, it was like he was waiting on Bradley to make his move.

I was too in denial about the Alexander fight, I am still a big Devon fan but he has been on a slide of recent. Now the Peterson fight I started to have mixed feelings about both guys and of course the Ruslan fight I had no idea what I was watching. You are right, Tim has the heart of a soldier and the eyebrows of a woman, but I still thought Alexander, Peterson, Holt (bastard), Pac and Ruslan were all more talented than Tim and I guess it isn't fair disregard Tim's wins because the other guy did not do their job. I like Tim because like Tyler Hansbrough, both guys are talent limited but they have heart.

As far as Canelo and Trout! Come on, Trout was somewhat rob. If he would of just fought like he did against Cotto than it would of been a different outcome.

Dude, don't get married. And expect to be going out a lot more since the summer is fast approaching. Take her to Boogools on Thursdays, they have live bands. My lady and I use to go. It is on Ponce and Piedmont. Next to Mary Mac or across the street. She will love it.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 4 2014, 04:14 AM
Post #159

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Watched on HBO on Demand 115-113 Pacquiao,

Tim Bradley gave away too many rounds. He could have easily won that. The 118-110 card for Manny was bullshit! For the record, I had it even after eight rounds.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 14 2014, 10:36 PM
Post #160

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 4 2014, 05:14 AM) *
Watched on HBO on Demand 115-113 Pacquiao,

Tim Bradley gave away too many rounds. He could have easily won that. The 118-110 card for Manny was bullshit! For the record, I had it even after eight rounds.

Jack

Did you notice how horrible the camera work was? During the introduction of the fighters, you'd swear that a rookie was working the cameras. Decent fight, but the camera work was horrible and random...been noticing it since Pac/JMM 4.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 05:15 AM