IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ok guys.....Who is going to beat Lyoto Machida?
JLUVBABY
post May 24 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #11

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (Saigon @ May 24 2009, 11:25 AM) *
Evans had the right game plan. Machida is a counter striker and in this fight Machida was moving forward the whole time while Rashad was countering. Thiago Silva tried to stock Machida and he got blown away. Lyoto is just that good!

As for Rampage I think he only has a puncher's chance. He is to one dimensional. He just uses his hands and looks for that big knockout. Machida is better on the ground, better wrestler and a more 3 dimensional striker. Rampage pretty much does not stand a chance unless he lands that one big shot. Otherwise he loses in all aspects of MMA.

the reason i say rampage is because even tho thiago silva got blasted out it takes a controlled aggresion to counter machidas style.. again rampage may not be able to get there neither but from what i can see that is gonna be the kind of style to take him down.. in my opinion... but i also agree i dont see anyone beating him and he may prove too big for silvia if they where to fight...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post May 24 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #12

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Bill The Butcher @ May 24 2009, 01:52 PM) *
Noone will beat Machida.

BoNzAi!

Seriously, he's an awesome counter striker. Elusive. Unfortunately for his opponents, he has a solid chin as well. Great take down defense. And if he needs to, he has the strength to toss people around. He just lulls his opponents by keeping a safe distance, feints, and does an occasional kick, one mistake from his opponent, he unleashes a barrage of punches. This guy is the real deal. He will be champ for a while.

Notice his speed and skill with his kicks? There was a couple of times where he would kick to the leg with his right leg, and then quickly do a high kick to the head with his left leg. That's money right there.

I gotta agree 100% with this post. It'll be very, very, very tough for anyone to beat him.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 25 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #13

Light Heavyweight

something else machida has charisma...lol... i loved his interview after the fight... "karate is back!!!!"...lol

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post May 26 2009, 06:21 AM
Post #14

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

Just an awesome win. The first round was fairly uneventful for the first 3 or 4 minutes as i was expecting. But then i also didnt expect machida to press the action as much as he did in the 2nd. Cerainly didnt expect such a comprehensive KO that early in the fight. Figured there would be at least 3 or 4 rounds of circling, both guys trying to counter.

No-one in the UFC beats machida at light heavy at the moment, except if Silva makes a move up. Silva is the only guy with striking that is good enough to beat machida, but victory is by no means certain for either guy. Again its counter striker vs counter striker.

Machida enters the p4p, he needs more wins to move into the top 5, but on talent alone he is definitely top 10

I want to see Evans vs Rampage. Rampage mustnt be too happy machida won, its a much tougher match for him. But rampage vs evans is a hell of a fight given the rivalry between camps after rampage beat jardine. But rampage will get a shot at machida next, so after he loses maybe that will set up the fight.

Happy that hughes won his match against matt the mouth serra. If hughes pursues a rematch with GSP or the pitbull he will get stopped again though. He is done as an elite fighter. Pretty much a solid win over serra though, the only decent strikes serra landed was the headbutt and the follow up shots while hughes was still reeling.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 26 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #15

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 26 2009, 06:21 AM) *
Just an awesome win. The first round was fairly uneventful for the first 3 or 4 minutes as i was expecting. But then i also didnt expect machida to press the action as much as he did in the 2nd. Cerainly didnt expect such a comprehensive KO that early in the fight. Figured there would be at least 3 or 4 rounds of circling, both guys trying to counter.

No-one in the UFC beats machida at light heavy at the moment, except if Silva makes a move up. Silva is the only guy with striking that is good enough to beat machida, but victory is by no means certain for either guy. Again its counter striker vs counter striker.

Machida enters the p4p, he needs more wins to move into the top 5, but on talent alone he is definitely top 10

I want to see Evans vs Rampage. Rampage mustnt be too happy machida won, its a much tougher match for him. But rampage vs evans is a hell of a fight given the rivalry between camps after rampage beat jardine. But rampage will get a shot at machida next, so after he loses maybe that will set up the fight.

Happy that hughes won his match against matt the mouth serra. If hughes pursues a rematch with GSP or the pitbull he will get stopped again though. He is done as an elite fighter. Pretty much a solid win over serra though, the only decent strikes serra landed was the headbutt and the follow up shots while hughes was still reeling.

i was talking about evans vs. rampage today.. my co worker thinks evans is too fast for rampage but you know you never know.. i think rampage has a very good shot against him... depending on rampages surgery we might see him in next against machida... win or lose i dont think rampage sets back like evans... we will find out quick the outcome i believe....

+Quote Post
fistofthundEER
post May 27 2009, 10:16 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 10,304

I think the best shot right now would be Shogun. But not bad cardio, UFC Shogun. I need the return of Pride middleweight Tourney 05 Shogun. The Shogun that beat Lil Nog, Rampage, Overeem, Arona etc. He had a motor that wouldn't quit. He was very technical and made few mistakes. Machida seems to exploit mistakes that his opponents make. Shogun in his prime, made none. If he could find that mojo again.....he would be my pick to take Lyoto.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post May 30 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #17

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

Well, we'll soon find out. Machida gets Shogun next. But you're right, if old Shogun comes back, e can deal with Machida. If it's current Shogun, he's as much of a long shot as the rest of the contenders at light heavyweight.

Still, I'd be interested to see Rampage take his shot. I'd certainly take him over Griffin in a rematch sans excessive front leg kicks, and he'll take care of Evans at the end of the next Ultimate Fighter season.

+Quote Post
fistofthundEER
post May 31 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #18

Amateur

Member No.: 10,304

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 30 2009, 05:13 PM) *
Well, we'll soon find out. Machida gets Shogun next. But you're right, if old Shogun comes back, e can deal with Machida. If it's current Shogun, he's as much of a long shot as the rest of the contenders at light heavyweight.

Still, I'd be interested to see Rampage take his shot. I'd certainly take him over Griffin in a rematch sans excessive front leg kicks, and he'll take care of Evans at the end of the next Ultimate Fighter season.

Rampage would be a good test for him. Rampage has shown poor clinch work in the past (Silva 1& 2, Shogun) Lyoto trains at Blackhouse with Anderson Silva so Im sure his clinch is pretty solid. Lyoto's leg kicks, Brazilian kicks, and counters from probing range would probably be able to keep Rampage away. If Page could get inside and use his superior wrestling though without getting carved up with knees and elbows he could probably out muscle Machida for sure.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post May 31 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #19

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (fistofthundEER @ May 31 2009, 04:28 PM) *
Rampage would be a good test for him. Rampage has shown poor clinch work in the past (Silva 1& 2, Shogun) Lyoto trains at Blackhouse with Anderson Silva so Im sure his clinch is pretty solid. Lyoto's leg kicks, Brazilian kicks, and counters from probing range would probably be able to keep Rampage away. If Page could get inside and use his superior wrestling though without getting carved up with knees and elbows he could probably out muscle Machida for sure.

Griffin took care of it with front leg kicks ALONE. What a bizarre fight that was.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 2 2009, 02:11 AM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

Let's wait and see how Machida deals with Shogun before we all start sucking his cock. Alot of guys swinging from Lyoto's nutsack were the same cats picking Rashad Evans to beat him just several days earlier.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:02 AM