IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
Marcus
post Feb 19 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #51

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 07:35 PM) *
Dude did you just shit on Floyd and compliment at the same time? His fans are excited and it was a great move to jump ship from HBO to showtime. I don't get people sometimes, Floyd in no way is perfect but business wise this dude just pulled a Royal Flush out from no where. Come on man, enjoy this shit don't be a debbie downer. In your world what would you want Floyd to do to satisfy your high ass standards? Man... He inked a 6 fight deal within 30 months, what more can you want? Come on Chsels come on,

+1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 19 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #52

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 19 2013, 04:24 PM) *
I don't mean to sound like am out of a Rocky movie, but Guerrero seems to bring something to the table most of his recent opponents aside from Cotto hasn't, and that's hunger. Guerrero seems to believe his own fantasy that he will be champion that day, I guess believing anything otherwise with an opponent like Mayweather is pointless.

even though he lost to salido...and that was ruled a nc because of the positive test by salido...in his mind...he's undefeated. he's riding high. he's definitely not shop worn...and he's hungry and very capable. let's not forget that he likes to work the body...rough house in the trenches and he has some speed and pop. floyd is going to have to earn his money come may.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Feb 19 2013, 08:12 PM
Post #53

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

Rewatching the Berto Guerrero fight. Unless he gets the same useless ref, half the stuff he did wont fly. And Floyd moves way better and is way more crafty than Berto. Guerrero may end up getting check hooked like Ricky Hatton.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 19 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Professor usually I agree with most of the things that you say but this one I can not go with you on. Guerrero at best is the poor man's Castillo. He is not going to rough house Floyd like he did Berto and unlike Berto, he will be dealing with the original Shoulder Roll. Not a BS imitation. Guerrero gets hit way too often and he does not have a power punch. This should be an interesting fight but my money is on Money! And what a hell of a deal that he inked with showtime. Someone at HBO is about to get fired!

i agree with you on berto being easier to hit than floyd....but i'll also point out that guerrero took bertos best shots and didn't even blink. guerrero will work the body and floyd will get touched in this fight. mark my word. he may even get dropped. guerrero was a bad choice of opponent and i'm surprised floyd sr allowed him to face this southpaw.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 19 2013, 08:18 PM
Post #55

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2013, 04:43 PM) *
Shhhhh....dont say that too loud...wouldn't wanna ruin the Floyd fan party by being "pessimistic"...this is their moment.

Remember, anything that Floyd does, is the best thing known to mankind, and there's no such thing as error when it comes to him. That sorta reminds me of this dude name Jesus...you know, the guy that walked on water.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

wtf!? someone notify cshel that his account has been hacked!!!

clear giveaway...we're discussing guerrero and he's criticizing floyd and his fans! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 19 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2013, 04:45 PM) *
I wonder how Manny feels about Floyd making groundbreaking move after groundbreaking move, while Arum tells him what he's going to do. The world loves Manny, but he's just in a bad spot right now...well, it's been like that for a while. Regardless of how much the world hates Floyd...dude is handling his business and breaking records. The only groundbreaking thing that Manny's manged to do as of late, is get laid out.

It seems like any type of resistance on his part, to change Arum's mind about his next move/fight, gets scoffed at and done anyway. It's looking bad for him, and moves like this on Mayweather's end, make him (FMJ) look, well...like he was right all along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

PS: I hate it for Guerrero (press-wise), because this news is pretty much a bigger deal than the upcoming fight itself. Maybe it's a good thing, maybe he doesn't want all of the extra attention that he's going to get some of anyway...that makes for a clear mind on his part..you know, stay under the radar, and pull off the upset. Lol

yeah...more proof! someone hacked cshel's account. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

totally agree with the highlighted. it puts more pressure on floyd...and relieves guerrero to focus on the task at hand.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 19 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #57

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 19 2013, 04:45 PM) *
If they haven't already committed hara-kiri lol

who else is there to fire? they fired the other dude for the pac fight that left to showtime...

the ppl that run hbo are stupid. they let some obvious ass shills convince them to make unnecessary moves. there were a group of writers shitting on al haymon and the brass at hbo. it was clear as day to me that those writings were in$pired and payed for by bob arum. they made moves and basically have shot themselves in the foot over and over again. they allowed merchant to shit on floyd. there has always been clear favoritism for certain fighters there and there was no bigger cheerleader than lampley. kellerman has slowly become merchant part deaux. the ass clown on the other side of the headsets directing the questioning needs to be fired. they always try to make controversy where there is none. they shit on good fighters and always try to come of as know-it-alls. the only good thing about hbo at this point is rjj and ward. it's all down hill from here. what they need to realize is that they are some pompous asses and they need to show more respect to boxing and it's participants. fuck hbo.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 19 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #58

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 19 2013, 04:49 PM) *
Didn't hbo just get showtimes supposed "genius" this past year that started up the super six again along with the bantam tourney?

what was the other guys name? ross greenburg? he got it right by turning down pac/mosley! that fight turned out to be shit.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 19 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #59

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 19 2013, 05:18 PM) *
Floyd's fights will always be PPV. However, maybe HBO can learn from this and look for new exciting fighters evenly matched with other exciting fighters to breathe new talent into the network, instead of trying to "Build a star against C-grade opposition."

Jack

amen.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 19 2013, 08:33 PM
Post #60

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 19 2013, 05:20 PM) *
original shoulder roll? haha cmon man - mayweather isnt the first to shoulder roll!

i'm giving guerrero more of a chance than you. i think his best assets are his chin and heart for this fight. i believe his straight could be dangerous too.i agree with ya though that guerrero won't be able to replicate the berto fight. we're both on the same page as far as who we think comes out the winner too lol just sayin, i think Guerrero isn't to be scoffed at

i think it's foolish to suggest that he can duplicate what he did against berto when he faces floyd....but i don't think it will be a problem for him to duplicate some of the things cotto had success with against floyd. for starters....guerrero will work the body....and that left hand will land. he will get on the inside....he will rough floyd up. it's going to be a tough fight.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 03:30 AM