Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nonito Donaire disses Rigondeaux 'He is not worthy to fight me'
Cshel86
post Nov 18 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

C'mon Donaire, it's not you haven't fought a long string of no-hopers as of late. You tellin' me that wont fight Rigondeaux? Fuck it, since Floyd is catching all of this flack for legitimately not fighting Manny, then ANY other fighter that I feel is avoiding another, is getting called out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 19 2012, 12:32 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2012, 10:33 PM) *
C'mon Donaire, it's not you haven't fought a long string of no-hopers as of late. You tellin' me that wont fight Rigondeaux? Fuck it, since Floyd is catching all of this flack for legitimately not fighting Manny, then ANY other fighter that I feel is avoiding another, is getting called out.

Definitely. Very disingenuous by Donaire. So Arce and the other guys he's fought are on his level and Rigondeaux isn't?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 19 2012, 05:04 PM
Post #13

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I need a bigger Rigo sample to say one way or the other. **no homo**

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Nov 19 2012, 05:05 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 19 2012, 12:32 AM) *
Definitely. Very disingenuous by Donaire. So Arce and the other guys he's fought are on his level and Rigondeaux isn't?

Tell me about it. I think Donaire just doesn't want any unknown, hungry fighters, possibly upsetting him.

To be honest, as much as I cant stand Donaire, I say that he stops Rigondeaux. If you haven't seen the Rigo/Marroquin fight from this past September, then check it out completely. Donaire should've been all over a Rigo fight after that.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 19 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

i dont understand why donaire is being a bitch, its a fight thats all his am sure, i mean his last fight he did nothing too different, he just stopped being reckless and learned some patience at the cost of the crowd them agaim its always hard to follow a slugfest.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 20 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

My only issue with saying someone "isn't worthy of fighting you" is...the next person you fight better be. For instance Bradley turned down Khan and others to fight Casamayor...which was a bitch made move...but then he eventually got Manny. Whereas a Robert Gayrerro turned down a bunch of good fights, and eventually got a Berto fight which isn't much bigger than the fights he turned down. Donaire makes you go "wait what?" everytime his fights are announced.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Nov 20 2012, 09:01 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 20 2012, 10:42 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 20 2012, 09:00 AM) *
My only issue with saying someone "isn't worthy of fighting you" is...the next person you fight better be. For instance Bradley turned down Khan and others to fight Casamayor...which was a bitch made move...but then he eventually got Manny. Whereas a Robert Gayrerro turned down a bunch of good fights, and eventually got a Berto fight which isn't much bigger than the fights he turned down. Donaire makes you go "wait what?" everytime his fights are announced.

You put it perfectly.

And guerrero f'd up, betcha he's regretting not fighting maidana after how he looked against devon his first fight at 147. Now that would have been a solid win for him unlike his aydin W.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 20 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 20 2012, 10:00 AM) *

you're not looking at the big picture in regards to bradley and guerrero. i never faulted him for passing on khan because he wanted out of his contract and was gunning for pac. only thing bigger than that is floyd. everything else is a step sideways or backwards.

same with guerrero...he wants floyd. every step he has taken has been towards floyd. i can't fault him for that. berto ain't a chump...neither was his last opponent. i can't fault the man for aiming high.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Nov 20 2012, 04:12 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 20 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 20 2012, 11:42 AM) *
You put it perfectly.

And guerrero f'd up, betcha he's regretting not fighting maidana after how he looked against devon his first fight at 147. Now that would have been a solid win for him unlike his aydin W.

he had a shoulder injury. these things happen. like when berto tore his bicep in preparation for ortiz...it's part of the game.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 20 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 20 2012, 03:05 PM) *
he had a shoulder injury. these things happen. like when berto tore his bicep in preparation for ortiz...it's part of the game.

True but there's been some speculation he said that just to get out of the fight. As for berto I'm sure his roid use had something to do with his injury, I mean the guy was huge to begin with why the hell get roided up? His bicep was bound to explode lol

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 08:21 PM