IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd getting worked in sparring??, Does this mean anything?
mgrover
post Apr 19 2013, 01:44 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 19 2013, 07:37 PM) *
The only footage Floyd has ever released of himself sparring are for Cotto and another i forgot. So what youre saying is he looked bad for the sparring during all 41 of his other training camps? Only Floyd knows why he allowed his sparring footage to be released. We can't answer that question nor do i think its that critical for us to look for an answer. it was never that real.

As for what ruben said its a rumor. Whether true or false this is boxing. Shit happens. Many sources outside Floyds camp have said Floyds looking great. This is also his longest training camp.

As for Floyd sparring bigger dudes, he always spars bigger guys. Always. Thats nothing new. He spars them to familiarize himself with the power and weight/height advantage of his opponents.

If your sparring partners aren't giving you work then you need new sparring partners. the fight isn't won on fight night but in training camp. This is boxing gentlemen. Not that serious.

Am not saying he did look bad, but if your live streaming and then you look bad you can't really do much about it can you. I mean when he beat Cotto but didn't look amazing doing it all these excuses started coming out of his camp.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 19 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #42

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

changed my mind, putting money on the ghost

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #43

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I'm still laughing at how this would be if Guerrero got a black eye in sparring. Again, people would be 150% sure that Floyd would beat him easily, but the minute Floyd gets a black eye/mouse/etc, people go to defending him.

Again, in my recent post, things like this happen all the time, regardless of the fighter, player, whoever. It could mean something, and it could very well mean nothing at all. Again, Floyd allowed his sparring to be taped before the Cotto fight, because he was sparring people that he knew and had sparred before.

Things are much different when the camera's rolling, and you dont know much about who's in front of you.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 19 2013, 04:39 PM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 19 2013, 11:32 AM) *
ricky was shook the whole way leading up to the fight. i don't recall him talking much.

i'm just hoping floyd doesn't leave it all in the ring. like i said before....there's a fine line between reaching that peak and over training. floyd and his ppl have been at this a very long time. i'm sure they know what they're doing. mishaps are common.

Go back and watch 24/7 Ricky talked big shit. It was actually really funny he even made fun of his pad work.

If Guerrero got a black eye in sparring I would say, he got a black eye in sparring. It means nothing. People get hurt in practiced, Lebron James got dunked on in practice what the hell.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 05:07 PM) *
I'm still laughing at how this would be if Guerrero got a black eye in sparring. Again, people would be 150% sure that Floyd would beat him easily, but the minute Floyd gets a black eye/mouse/etc, people go to defending him.

Again, in my recent post, things like this happen all the time, regardless of the fighter, player, whoever. It could mean something, and it could very well mean nothing at all. Again, Floyd allowed his sparring to be taped before the Cotto fight, because he was sparring people that he knew and had sparred before.

Things are much different when the camera's rolling, and you dont know much about who's in front of you.

truth.

+Quote Post
JammyJam
post Apr 19 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #46

Amateur

Member No.: 13,561

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 04:07 PM) *

Lol true shit. I'm not gonna lie I probably would think Mayweather would stretch his ass if he was gettin worked in sparring. I'm just saying fuck all the outside the ring shit, I'm ready to see what happens in the ring.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 19 2013, 05:39 PM) *
Go back and watch 24/7 Ricky talked big shit. It was actually really funny he even made fun of his pad work.

If Guerrero got a black eye in sparring I would say, he got a black eye in sparring. It means nothing. People get hurt in practiced, Lebron James got dunked on in practice what the hell.

if guerrero got a black eye...it's believable and no big deal because he is very easy to hit.

floyd is a defensive master...so him getting a black eye is a big deal. make no mistake about it.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 22 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #48

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

If it means anything to anybody, in HS, LeBron came to Queens and played in this tournament called IS8. He only had like 4 points and he played the entire game. He was on lock. True Story

End of the day though......

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 22 2013, 03:35 PM) *
If it means anything to anybody, in HS, LeBron came to Queens and played in this tournament called IS8. He only had like 4 points and he played the entire game. He was on lock. True Story

End of the day though......

he was in h.s. and that ass whoopin probably served him. floyd on the otherhand is on the tail end of his career at the age of 36. ass whoopins at this point will not serve him well.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 22 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #50

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

is there evidence of a BLACK EYE??? please this is rediculous. Mayweather had a bloody nose in the Cotto fight... a jab can cause a nose to leak all night with one good stiff shot-- a black eye can come from a jab or a thumb. and it does not take repeated shots. So please.... This is bullshit. I have seen Hopkins looking weary lumped in worn in camps because he goes that hard. The MYSTERY BLACK EYE IS BULLSHIT-- where is the evidence???

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 04:46 AM